Hostile environment at Metlife

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rscherwin, Sep 20, 2023.

?

Should Metlife be a hostile environment for a young QB, even if he makes early mistakes vs the Pats?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. No

32 vote(s)
    72.7%
  1. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Maybe the fans, that can actually afford to go to a game, can get together and have a bunch of signage calling for JD's job because he hasn't given us the shell of an o-line. That's where the boo's should be directed.

It's almost "job dereliction" to suit up that o-line and trot them out on the field week in and out. ESPECIALLY with the amount of time JD has had to find players.

2. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

You think Zach is Wilson would still be on this team if saleh and jd was fired at the end of last year? So is he on this team because he shown he is capable or he still on the team because the people who brought him here don’t wanna admit they fucked up and refuse to move on?

3. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Actually, that's kind of my point. I was simply drawing a parallel to a team that handled it the way it is supposed to be handled yet half the league and 99.9% of the "talking heads" vilified San Francisco. I wonder if the same would be said of the NYJ's. Hell, at least ZW HAS stats. Lance can't even claim that.

4. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Winning cures all... so the CS and Players need to get their collective heads out of their asses and 1) build a cogent game plan, 2) execute the game plan, 3) when things do not work adjust and coach up players....

I agree with the proposition that singling out a player for ridicule is objectionable...esp if the player is playing hard or the coach is attempting to make adjustments and nothig is working. However conversely, if, like last weeks debacle occurs, I feel anyone has a right to boo the organization from top to bottom.

rscherwin likes this.
  5. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Guys that are obviously dogging it, not giving every bit of effort, quitting on plays deserve booing. Say what ever you want about ZW, but I don't think he's dogging it - he's just not a good QB...

6. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

A back-up QB like Mike White, Zappe or Stidham would probably get a fair amount of leash and support from a team.

A guy in his third year with multiple starts to his name and a pretty high draft pick used on him would probably be expected to perform at a level above that of a back-up QB.

Ralebird likes this.
  7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Either this team was a QB away or not. If not, then everyone should be fired for going all in on a soon to be 40 year old. If so, then it's unacceptable to punt the entire season and screw over the other 52 guys on the team without at least trying to upgrade at QB, even if that's just signing Wentz and giving him a shot.

BacktoQueens and KY Jets Fan like this.
  8. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Doesn't deserve a thread and this seems as good a place to post.

Apparently the NFL told the NYJ that the roughing call on JFM was a bad call and that his hit was legal. Huge point in the game obviously.

This kind of big ref penalty call should always be looked at by NY in real time IMO.

Brian Costello on twitter reported NFL communication

9. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Rodgers is not your everyday schlub. It seems like you think we should have just signed Foles in the off-season, saved the draft picks and went on to win a championship.

10. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I can’t imagine there’s anyone willing to come throw a year (or more, if they get injured) of their career away playing behind this lousy Oline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets68 likes this.
  11. HomeoftheJets

As I said, if the team was good enough that it was a good idea to trade for a QB with two good years left tops, then the team is good enough that you don't make them have to deal with Zach all season. I'm not delusional enough to think we're Super Bowl contenders with someone like Wentz, but I care about the development of the other 52 guys, and I'd like the Jets to have a chance next year when Rodgers returns instead of being such a tire fire that even Rodgers can't save them.

#51 HomeoftheJets, Sep 20, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2023
  12. HomeoftheJets

If the OL is that bad that someone like Wentz won't come here (which I dont think it is, even though it's bad), then what does that say about the Jets organization that they were planning to play Rodgers behind it? Either way, if if they suck against the Pats, boo them.

13. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

If JD had the courage to step on the sidelines, I'd be booing him for not having an option already here, and for failing to bring in one now.
    Would also boo for the terrible offensive line.

As far as Zach, he's trying his best even if that sucks, and doesn't deserve abuse from his home crowd.
    He already knows he's playing badly. Booing ain't going to help him.
    It might help with JD though.

14. HomeoftheJets

The reason to boo if Zach sucks is maybe that will be what it takes to get the Jets front office to do something. I feel bad for Zach though.

Ralebird likes this.
  15. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

This is the question that should be asked more. The Rodgers injury was something that just about anyone could see coming from a mile away. Douglas should have, short of actually doing his job and getting even just an adequately competent O-line in place, put in place some sort of insurance policy in the form of a capable backup to Rodgers who could at least keep the team competitive, especially considering that this year was designed as a year for Wilson to sit and learn. Now, because of his failure to put a decent O-line out there, both the plan to have Rodgers take this team that's "only a QB away" to the promised land as well as the plan to have Zach sit and learn from Rodgers have both been tossed into the dustbin after only four offensive plays. In other words, ANOTHER wasted season for the Jets.

16. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure they didn't plan on Rodgers getting hurt 4 plays into the season. Just a hunch.

17. rscherwin

rscherwin Well-Known Member

asking if the team should support him. even, and especially if, he throws an early pick.

18. rscherwin

That doesn't mean you're not a jacka$$ of a jet fan if you make MetLife a hostile environment for a young QB playing when he should be redshirting.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  19. rscherwin

sure - would an INT on the first drive warrant the boo birds coming out?

20. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I think generally speaking it's fair to boo a player 3 years in if he sucks. It doesn't help the situation but I understand and I think fans are not just booing that player but the whole situation and the franchise for poor decision making.
    However this is the rare situation where I voted no. I'm not sure if Zach even wants to be out there this year I think he was happy to sit and learn from Rodgers. So I feel we're all in this crappy situation together.

#60 Jedi mind tricks, Sep 20, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2023