Hostile environment at Metlife

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rscherwin, Sep 20, 2023.

?

Should Metlife be a hostile environment for a young QB, even if he makes early mistakes vs the Pats?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. No

32 vote(s)
    72.7%
  1. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

There was a guy in another thread who said he was planning on showing up early hoping the Jets would be practicing in the end zone near him so he could assault Zach with insults. Boos of frustration after a bad play, bad series, or loss is one thing, but walking into the stadium with intent to boo and humiliate our own players says much more about yourself than anything else.

2. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Receipts will be kept.

3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Nobody should boo him before the game starts. But if he starts throwing INTs or does nothing but throw 5 yard passes, then the fans should boo. But it's not even about booing him, it's about booing the Jets organization for playing him. Hey, maybe if the fans boo loudly enough, the Jets will even bring in a new QB like they should have done already.

Cman68 likes this.
  4. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Who?

5. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

The sad reality of all of this is that the Jets had a plan that got ruined by injury. We never got a chance to see if their plan was going to work. Wilson was never supposed to play this year and if he did it was to be for a few games at most. Everyone knew that if Rodgers went down for the full 17 games that we would be fucked just like every other team in the NFL that lost their starter for the year.

But fans are going to fan. They will boo like this was the result of a bad plan gone to hell. And if you want to sit here and say the Jets would be a playoff team if they had signed another QB in the off-season, then have at it. I just don't buy it. There are maybe 2 teams at most that could survive losing their starting QB and the Jets aren't one of them. It sucks. But Christ the crying is here unbearable.

6. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

sports is simple play good get cheered, play like donkey shit get booed, good players with good mental makeup play good depsite getting bood, bad players with bad mental makeup fold like a chair, last time zach got booed out of the stadium it got a qb change. If Jets lose to Ne as anticipiated they shoot start the fire Selah and Jd chants to.

7. bicketybam

I was embarrassed to be a Jets fan and it had nothing to do with the product on the field.

8. bicketybam

Because Wilson was the plan all along, right? If they never traded for Rodgers and Wilson was the plan all along, I totally agree. But that's not the case.

Hard to believe this place has let guys like this take over. Just unreal.

rscherwin likes this.
  9. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

Yes Zach has been the plan all along its year 3 of him playing like shit and he is still the starting qb. If the jets wanted to cut their ties with Zach they would have traded him like Arizona did with Rosen or San fran did with lance and got a competent backup in the offseason, so yes obviously Zach has been the plan all along. Even if Rodgers survived for 2 years they would of found a way to bring Zach in to be the starter saying "zach has learned so much under AR he is the qb now". Absolutely 0 excuse for him to be starting for a team people were saying are going to the superbowl this year or going far. The season was lost when Jd didn't cut losses with this turd and signed a capable backup this offseason, not when AR went down.

#29 jets4848, Sep 20, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2023
    SOJAZ and Centiment like this.
  10. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

I think the boos are frustration from everything. 13 going on 14 straight seasons without a playoff appearance. Loosing a QB we have been told would be our savior. A young guy who was drafted early and paid well, who is underachieving in his 3rd year.
    We are a bad season away from this getting blown up once again and starting over. Then fans get to pay for PSL’s tickets food and parking to witness this in person while all the teams around us have success.
    When you start hearing nothing, it’s because the fans are leaving or not coming back. Hopefully we can stop this awful loosing streak to the Patriots and we as fans can have a day in the sun. Maybe even a little excitement and optimism going forward on this roller coaster of a season already

11. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

If you really want to boo, boo Joe Douglas for the state of the OL. Boo the coaching staff for watching 2 teams abuse us from the Slot and doing absolutely nothing to stop it at all. No adjustments, nothing. Blame the coaching staff for leaving Duane Brown out there, and for not giving any of the OL help with chip blocks. The players are out there playing their hearts out. You wanna boo Zach, for what exactly? For not being good enough? Is that his fault? Is he not trying? I don’t think the kid is a good QB either. Plenty here have abused me daily over the fact I’ve stood steadfast in my belief he’s not good enough for the NFL. That’s not Zach’s fault, I don’t boo him or try and make his life hell. He’s trying his best as are all our players. We are repeatedly not put in position to succeed by our leadership. From JD’s 3 out of 4 shitty drafts, to Saleh’s inability to adapt and change his D, to a former OC that also couldn’t adapt, and now a current OC who’s seemingly showing the same traits. All up to an owner who keeps hiring incompetence. Attacking individual players at the game is bush league.

Brook!, ColoradoContrails and SOJAZ like this.
  12. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

Boo him for sucking, trying doesn't mean shit, he stinks plain and simple, his feeling fuck his feelings, he got paid 10's of millions for stinking, time for him to take those 10's of millions and get the f off this team and stop taking a roster spot away from someone who deserves it. Plenty of guys out there who haven't made 10's of millions that deserve a spot more than him who work their asses off every day to. Im sure those 10's of millions dumbass Jd gave him will mend his hurt ego when hes playing arena football where he belongs.

Jets1035 likes this.
  13. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

He’s not forcing anyone to put him out there. He didn’t force us to draft him. He didn’t force us to start him. He’s not disruptive, he’s not a character concern, he doesn’t do anything deliberately to hurt the team. You just want to boo him to see him suffer for your own enjoyment, that’s seriously about the lowest a human being can behave.

14. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

Ive said it time and time again, the only way Zach gets the f off this team is if the Gm and Head coach are replaced, Only reason why he is still taking up a roster spot is because JD and Saleh refuse to admit they drafted a bust not because he is deserving of it. Any competent gm and Coach would of cut him for his stupid remarks last year after the NE game.

SOJAZ likes this.
  15. bicketybam

Zach is in year 3 of a 4 year deal with an option for a 5th year. Rodgers was traded for to play for a minimum of one year (if they won it all) and a second year of they didn't. How does Wilson for into that?

16. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

They were obviously going to extend him like they did with Sanchez, otherwise why keep him on the roster? Saleh said time and time again that even though AR is here Zach is the qb of the future as he has shown major improvement.

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Eh I disagree. If you pay $125 for a game, $45 for parking and another $75 on booze and food throughout the day you can cheer or boo however you want.

If the players fucking suck then I have no problem if they hear it. Create a meritocracy for the organization already. Stop praising shitty performances so no one gets their feelings hurt.

SOJAZ and KY Jets Fan like this.
  18. bicketybam

Your crystal ball is broken, Chief.

SOJAZ likes this.
  19. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

On the other hand, if you handle your top draft pick like the 49'ers did you get vilified. This league is crazy. We have a player, drafted at the top of the 1st round, that should no longer BE in the NFL. Then...you see HOW it should be handled (Lance shouldn't be in the NFL either) and a team gets lambasted.

I wonder which route should be taken? Me, personally, I say park them on the street. Seriously, if you aren't a capable QB then you shouldn't be in the league. Not only are you costing your team but that player is also in very grave danger of being severely hurt. Think about that hit Wilson took during the Buffalo game. He was on his knees and they lit him up! An inch to the left, right, up or down and he could have been in serious trouble. Food for thought!

20. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

You're not the first person to say something similar to this in this thread so I should have probably just said that's not what I would do.

It's a great point, if you're gonna spend hundreds of dollars to get to the stadium, tailgate, have a ticket, and then spend 40 dollars for a hot dog and a pop then far be it from me to tell you how to act when you get to those seats. I just think there are better ways to send a message to Woody and the organization than spending hundreds of dollars to get to the stadium and have a ticket and then yell/boo at a bunch of grown men because you don't think they're doing a good enough job.

Again, to each their own but it's just not something I would do.

rscherwin likes this.