Best QBs Available?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by heartpumpsgreen, Sep 11, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Wait a minute, we have no other option on our team. None. Zach is our QB. Instead of going to at least cheer him on you, a supposed Jets fan, are going to the game explicitly to yell at and humiliate a guy that’s on our team. Like you’re actually looking forward to insulting and humiliating a player on our own team? You, sir, need to go find a mirror and look in it. Realize the biggest pieces of shit on this earth are people who take delight in the suffering of another human simply for their own pleasure and enjoyment. And there you are, staring right back at yourself realizing that’s the person you are.

2. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Keep sticking up for a guy that most people with two eyes and 20/20 vision can see sucks lol. The best line I heard this week from an ex player Shannon Sharpe was “ this guy couldn’t play dead in a horror movie” the funniest and realest thing I heard all week. But go ahead and tell me I’m being too harsh when the numbers backup the eye test. Oh and scroll back to my post in the past where I was praying the Jets took him. Just because I loved and wanted the pick, doesn’t mean I can’t see that he isn’t good now and one of the worst QBs ever. Sorry that’s reality, you just can’t seem to come around yet

eddie sec 126 likes this.
  3. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

The idea that all we need zack to be is a game manager, is out the window at this point. The only way he could ever redeem and be accepted , is if he puts together a string of games that are won because of him, no not lost because of him. The jets are in a tough spot. The only thing they can do now is pick up a free agent off the couch. Because any mortgaging, they can’t do with rodgers planning a return next year.

stinkyB likes this.
  4. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

At this point it is pretty obvious that BYU fans are the only ones who actually defend this disaster.

I watched Bryce Young (who so far has looked abysmal without his 40 person coaching staff and 5 stars at every position Bama team) orchestrate a drive that is better than any Ive seen in three years from Zach.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  5. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I am surprised the Jets haven't brought Carson Wentz in for a look. At this point he is probably the best available option. My guess is if the Jets lose to the Pats, you will see Wentz at the Jets training facility next week.

6. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

My only question and problem is why wait that long? Are JD and Saleh truly hoping he turns a corner out of the blue? Bring in someone that can move the sticks and give us a chance. So that our D doesn’t have to carry the load every game

Ralebird and GREG like this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I dont understand what they are thinking. It is a no brainer decision to bring in another QB, if nothing else to set a standard in the locker room that we are trying to win.

I have to think either new-gangsta Woody still has friends at JetBlue and is telling Saleh-Douglas not to bring anyone in OR Saleh-Douglas are truly delusional

8. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I don't understand it either. Zach doesn't have it mentally to play QB at the NFL level. Going thru his reads, progressions, making smart decisions with the ball as well as pocket awareness. He should be much better at this point in his career but isn't. To be fair the OL is an issue but that doesn't excuse Zach. He just doesn't have the "it" factor.

9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Granted I think shouldve been done a few months ago, but at this point does anyone seriously thing just signing some scrub off the street who has zero knowledge of the playbook or teammates is going to really change things? Most guys mentioned are available for a reason... They're either washed up or headcases (Wentz)... and I think Zach sucks. Barring a miracle, the only benefit would be a locker room message, but thats probably about it.

Sink or swim time....

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Their concern for the psyche of this kid is truly mind boggling.

On top of the fact that it’s not even some huge insulting shot at him to bring someone in.

The Jets need to prioritize winning games over making Zach Wilson feel comfortable.

11. BrowningNagle

If it was a TE or WR or Safety that got hurt they would bring someone in off the street immediately. He would learn the playbook and compete with the guys in-house for playing time.

This shouldn't be any different

Ralebird and Nyjets4eva like this.
  12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

C'mon, not saying a move shouldn't be made, but you know it is....

13. Jonathan_Vilma

It’s different but if the Jets brought a guy in the Tuesday after the Bills game, the guy would’ve probably been an active backup against the Chiefs and been able to start against the Eagles if need be.

Instead, the franchise is diddling themselves to the thought of Zach Wilson turning into Aaron Rodgers, they forgot there’s 52 other guys in the locker room.

14. BrowningNagle

ugh we are looking at another wasted season

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  15. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Just going to play devils advocate here for a second. I don't agree with what they are doing and how they are handling this, but:

1 - We don't really know what options are out there
    2 - No team is trading a backup or a starter week 2. That just wasn't happening unless you were overpaying by quite a bit. Brissett and Minshew are probably available later in the season, but week 2? Probably not. Minshew is already playing so that ship has sailed. Rivera has to win so if something happens to Howell, Rivera knows they need someone to come in who can be competent.
    3 - Is Matt Ryan an option? He stinks and would probably get killed behind our OL.
    4 - Is Nick Foles really an option? See above.
    5 - Rumors out of ARI were Colt McCoy couldn't even throw a football b/c of his elbow.
    6 - Carson Wentz? Idk.
    7 - It sounds like they were in on Rypien and he would have been the guy if the Rams didn't elevate him b/c Bennett went AWOL in LA
    I just don't think they are flushed for options here. The move was to address it in the offseason which was a massive drop of the ball, but now it's just a waiting game until the bye when a backup can hopefully shake free.

#395 dawinner127, Sep 19, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2023
    stinkyB likes this.
  16. Jonathan_Vilma

Matt Ryan’s beat. He’d be a waste. Even before playing in Indianapolis his arm was dead outside of a dome.

There’s no reason Foles or Wentz shouldn’t be here. Foles might get killed behind the line but he can at least call the protection and hit hot reads and what not.

I know the entire NFL world hates Wentz but he’s been a decent QB throughout his career. He’s another guy that has experience running NFL offenses.

There’s no need to trade anyone. We’re going to have to give up too much for a rental and the season might end up being lost by the time they play.

Nyjets4eva, Jets79 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

You didn't answer my question. I don't care if you criticize him (or anyone else), but don't spout hyperbole and expect that to convince anyone.

18. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Yeah. I actually think Wentz is alright. I'm with you on that. That's the guy I would bring in, but everyone always talks about how much of a jackass he is in the locker room. When he isn't asked to win you a game and has a good running game (when he had his near MVP season) he was really good. He also can move well behind our shitty OL. Everyone else on that list though is just not worth it.

19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

For all those who are struggling and baffled why the Jets haven't done a kneejerk signing/trade for ANY QB, your frustration is directly due to your unrealistic expectations. The Jets have made Zach their QB - for now. We don't know all of their reasoning behind this, maybe it's because they really do think he can still be the guy they drafted, or maybe it's because they put all their eggs in the Rodgers basket and now there's really no other option, but at this point they need to see, once and for all, if Zach can step up. That knowledge is more valuable to them than bringing in a JAG QB at this point. That may change in a couple of games. Or maybe Zach proves himself (I know you think that's beyond impossible, but it's not).

FWIW, I think they do need to get someone in now who can step in if Zach can't step up, or if he gets seriously injured, a distinct possibility behind this OL. I think the higher priority is to find OL help because no matter who the QB is, they're going to need more than 2 seconds to get a pass off.

20. Jonathan_Vilma

The idea is to bring in a new quarterback whose a better JAG than Wilson because we’re currently operating with the worst QB in the league right now.

Regardless of whatever you want to chalk the circumstances up to on Sunday with bad offensive line play and all. When you are the absolute worst in the league at your position, you get benched sooner than later.

By the way, did you watch the Steelers last night? Their offensive line played as bad if not worse than the Jets did on Sunday. He was 15/30 for 222, 1 TD/1INT.

He had one long pass play, similar to Wilson. By all accounts he outplayed Wilson including the eye test. He stood in the pocket and took his beating.

HomeoftheJets and Nyjets4eva like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.