Gutsy performance by Wilson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Sep 11, 2023.

1. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

Rodgers would have definately done better who you trying to kid? You seriously comparing Zach Wilson to Aaron rodgers? Your saying rodgers would have had only 100 yards every game with more interceptions than touchdowns?

Jets79 likes this.
  2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I don't disagree entirely, but when the wheels came off for him yesterday, it was because he was trying bring them back from a deep hole against a defense that's even better than the Jets, and that defense knowing exactly what he was trying to do. That said, if he could make more accurate throws in the clutch maybe he could've had some success. IDK what the remedy is for that other than having him attempt more passes and live with the mistakes and hope he improves. Or if the CS truly doesn't trust him to do this as you claim, find someone better. Good luck with that at this point.

3. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Because they didn't. White stood there like an erect dick until he got fucked, then when he actually try to protected himself came back and stunk. Did you see Flacco against Miami at the end? You are making the same mistake JD did, when he thought we are a QB away, forgetting to fix the OLine. Well, Rodgers even lasted even less than Mike White with this OLine. I am not sure how much more evidence is needed that we need to fix it to be successful. It wasn't just QB away.

4. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

he only had 4 or 5 passes in the first half because the 2nd straight offensive coordinator we hired knows he sucks and don’t trust him, soon as he let him
    Pass in the 4th quarter we all saw what happened

Jets79 likes this.
  5. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I didn't watch the game, but was Dobbs also pressured 70% of snaps with bad running game? If so and he had a good game, kudos to him.

6. ColoradoContrails

I thought I was being clear. Playing QB isn;t done in a vacuum, there are other major aspects that affect QB. In Zach's 2+ years many of those other aspects have had a seriously negative impact on him, and would've had on ANY young QB, so it makes it difficult of not impossible to accurately assess him IMO. You and others who are anti-Zach have no such doubt, but it doesn't mean you're any more right than I am. And looking only at yesterday's game how can you say he was the main problem?

7. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

It’s difficult to assess him you even watch one game? 2 receivers last year demanded to be traded? Garrett Wilson constantly showing him
    Up last year? Him constantly missing wide open receivers and the numbers speak for themselves.they are Jamarcus Russell bad. Please tell me any other qb on the last 100 years where no wide receiver wanted to play with him?

#627 jets4848, Sep 18, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2023
  8. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

The idea that the OL is why Rodgers tore his achilles is laughable. Is the idea that he was never going to be tackled or pressured the entire season?

He tore his achilles bc he is 40 and was running around like a 25 year old, after not playing all preseason, on turf, for a cursed franchise. Not bc the OL allowed a sack.

westiedog1 and SOJAZ like this.
  9. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

You use vague terminology when you make your statements. "other major aspects" could mean anything from his nutritional decisions to the performance of other players on the team.

Again, can you elaborate?

10. HackettSuxTNG

Daniel Jones was sacked 44 times last season, the fifth highest of any QB in the NFL. DId that prevent the Giants from evaluating him?

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'm gonna enjoy watching Derek Carr tonite..

Ralebird and SOJAZ like this.
  12. HackettSuxTNG

So will D'avante Adams.

13. ColoradoContrails

I've enumerated these other aspects ad nauseum over the past couple of years. I'm not going to spell it all out again. Just step and be openminded about what it takes to have good QB play. Can you honestly say that these aspects have been in place while Zach (or for that matter, Darnold) has been here?

At this point, given the consistent failure of the Jets to be able to develop young QBs, I'm not against them acquiring a good vet, but at this point who would that realistically be? And even then, it would actually take an exceptionally talented vet to overcome the the other problems on offense.

SOJAZ likes this.
  14. Cman68

How much money would JD have to throw at a Vet QB to even consider playing behind this OLine???

ColoradoContrails and Borat like this.
  15. HackettSuxTNG

I can honestly say that this team is loaded with more talent than any team since the Jets last playoff Experience.

16. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

And when you got a high school quarterback that makes you a 6 or 7 win team

17. Cman68

and still they'll finish 7-10 and out of the playoffs. Common denominator? Bad CS and FO.

REVISion and ColoradoContrails like this.
  18. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yup

OL sucks…no question

But holy moly, Stroud, in his second game on a bad Texans team, already has a game that is much better than any Zach has had. It’s kind of crazy the mental gymnastics you have to go through to try and convince yourself that hey, he’s not THAT bad….it’s not ALL his fault…first it was MLF and OL and WR drops…well the OL issue is real…I’m not convinced the drops weren’t half his fault anyway for being so inaccurate…so no question our OL sucks balls about as badly as Zach does, but enough already is where I am as well.

I’ll go back to Bill Walsh’s quote that by game 20, you pretty much know what a guy will be. Well we are at 24 and he has looked the same all the way through. Change the OC, change the receivers, doesn’t matter.

As far as yesterday goes, I expected a loss…was hoping it’d be closer, but it’s hard to go on the road after a Monday night game (thanks yet again, NFL schedulers) and even more so to a legit Super Bowl contender. Didn’t think we’d win, and this loss wasn’t all on Zach.

I agree his legs were huge yesterday, and for the first half he wasn’t terrible, but the continued inability to string drives together takes its toll on a defense. With Zach, we just struggle to move the ball.

In the end, I think it should be pretty clear to just about everyone (including JD and Saleh who knew they couldn’t go into this year with him in the QB1 seat) that Zach is not, and will not, be the answer at QB. Not for this team.

This game, hard as it was behind a shit OL, looked pretty much exactly like most every other game for him, shit completion rate, 170 yards (probably his career average on the nose!), more picks than TDs….guys, this is what he is. We’ve seen it time and time again…his stat line yesterday looked pretty much in line with his career stat line.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You're probably right; CBS could have messed up the graphic; more likely, I misremembered it.

Acad23 and KY Jets Fan like this.
  20. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

considering rodgers did play for us and only lasted 4 snaps behind the o-line and didn't complete a single pass all year, i'd say the evidence speaks for itself.