The Jets are simply losers.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ColoradoContrails, Sep 17, 2023.

1. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

even when he isn’t running for his life and the defense is playing prevent defense in the 4th quarter and he has all the time
    In the world to throw he still throwing it right to the defenders stop making excuses for the turd, if it walks like a duck it’s a duck. He is not even a average quarterback but a guy who wouldn’t even be a backup
    Qb for anyone but the jets. If he procccessed info quickly and could read a nfl defense we wouldn’t be having this discussion

tomdeb likes this.
  2. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

You aren’t worth conversation with. You are determined to make it all about Zack, without realizing that a supporting cast is what made the greats great. I know what zack is this far, and it isn’t good. But he has also been failed miserably. Not realizing that as part of the equation , then this isn’t wort discussing with you.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  3. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

you are just a Zach apologist, you must be related to him, nothing but excuses for this turd for 3 years now. You are just like the jets who are in denial, keep
    Making excuses for this kid and refuse to
    Move on. Kid has not had one complete good game in 25 stars how can you say there is still
    Hope for this kid. There’s suck and than there’s Zach Wilson suck

tomdeb and GoldenShowers like this.
  4. typeOnegative13NY

Your reading comprehension is fucking awful.

5. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

All I see is excuses and saying how
    The jets failed Zach Wilson, how about Zach Wilson failed the jets and us fans? Good QBs don’t need 12 different offensive coordinators to be good and show signs of being good, he has shown no signs of ever being good in 25 games now. They show signs of getting it, Zach Wilson just shows he’s clueless, if he can’t get it to his first read it’s a busted play what don’t you get?

tomdeb likes this.
  6. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

can we lock this thread?!

7. typeOnegative13NY

Someone needs to teach you how to football

8. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

how has he been failed miserably? The sheer amount of resources dedicated to his development is obscene. These resources could have been put onto someone else and still can be. 3 years of personal coaches, the best training possible, wtf, etc. All wasted and continue to be wasted.

Put these resources toward a Bailey Zappe or Davis Mills type and we probably have a QB who can manage a game.

Quit with the ZW excuses.

tomdeb likes this.
  9. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

Clearly you only started watching football 3 years ago if you think Zach Wilson is playing alright and there’s still any hope for him. I guess you never watched a good qb play

tomdeb likes this.
  10. typeOnegative13NY

Lol, I guess that’s it.

11. typeOnegative13NY

With what oline? What resources?

And I don’t think zack is good, or even salvageable at this point. But the grim reality is that even rodgers was failing this year . Behind that line

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

So just keep a guy who is not a nfl quarterback in as your starting quarterback and have him drag down the whole ship right? Don’t try to find a better solution?

tomdeb likes this.
  13. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

Its 2023. This isnt the same sport at it was in 2009 let alone the 90’s and prior.

The QB is more important than any and all positions combined. The rules have made it that way.

Additionally, the vast majority of pass protection comes FROM the QB at the line. So a rather huge component of having a “good pass pro” OL is having a competent QB. Tom Brady rarely got sacked for 20 years no matter who was on his line, bc he changed protections every single play.

It’s how the modern game works.

14. typeOnegative13NY

Let’s hear it. And give me something that isn’t going to get crushed behind this line

15. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

andrew luck also, had such bad lines that it literally got him killed yet when he was on the field he was great, good QBs find a way to thrive despite bad offensive lines, shit QBs just find people to make excuses for them

westiedog1 likes this.
  16. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

Joe Douglas should have taken care of that this off-season and moved on from wonderboy now we are fucked

tomdeb likes this.
  17. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

CC. I been a jet fan for 56 years and like you have seen it all. Sure Johnson got star struck with AR...who wouldn't. I am sure jis marching orders were to sign him up whatever the cost... well we are living with the results of that decision.

I now, and havebben for some time, referring to the HC as Mr. DELUSION. I relaize that he has to prop up ZW but come on...and this is not a bash ZW post but a reality check:

Coach, how do you make this statement: “Up until we had to force it, I thought he (ZW) did a really nice job. Say what?

· 12 of 27 for 170 yards with one touchdown and three interceptions (38.1 rating)
    · In the second half, Wilson was 7 of 17 for 76 yards and three interceptions (15.4 rating) in the second half.
    · Wilson had 116 passing yards early in the fourth quarter. However, 68 of them had come on a touchdown throw to Garrett Wilson that featured 55 yards of YAC. Another way to look at it is, 48 yards…48...

Then ZW saying: I feel like I'm seeing the field well, I really do. Ahem, 45 minutes of seeing it well produced 10 points. Reall Mr. W, your run O couldn’t stay on the field (1-for-10 on third down, 17:45) and the defense (9-for-18 on third down, 42:15) couldn’t get off ....

If that wasn't enough blither then you watch in utter disbelieve as JD has has the audacity to march out the same dysfunctional OL last season with a 39 yr old QB... Now mabe AR 2. sec released would have helped them but I doubt it...they are done... Brown, Tomlinson, Uzomah ... havn't even been close to being effective.

It is insulting and disgenious.

I used to say as SOJ, I hope for the best but expect the worst. Yesterday I turned off the game. 1st time ever, even through the kotite years I never did that... because at least you knew the team was pretty much over matched in each game but this teams' coaching, game planning and in game adjustments are as bad, in my opinion, as they were then.

tomdeb, Cman68, GoldenShowers and 2 others like this.
  18. typeOnegative13NY

I was in the mike white fan club. I would rather have had him. But here we are. 15 games left, has to be something that can be done?

19. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Fun fact. The niners traded out of pick twelve for 3 firsts and a third. The player that went pick 12 - Micah Parsons.

20. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

I really think the Jets (and fans) need to let this loss go.
    • Moments like the Sauce pick 6 drop/Dallas center Biadasz recovering the strip fumble/hand hitting a likely 2nd TD between Zach and Garrett changed the game. Any one of them goes the Jets way and its a different ball game.
    • Even after those missed opportunities, with Parsons shredding the Oline and no running game, the Jets were only down 8 at the half. Penalties, negative runs putting the Jets behind schedule then the Cook fumble in the early third sealed the Jets fate.
    • Dak had one of the best games of his career. Cowboys first series he marched down the field for 75 yards and a TD. We thought we were getting bone-headed Dak but he played lights out, mistake free football. Cowboys are hot right now, we caught them at a bad time.
    • Zach showed true improvement. He read the defense well, was able to elude the rush and extended drives with his feet. When the Cowboys stacked the box and dared Zach to beat them in the air, he did just that with a beautiful dart to Garrett. A few more of those plays the next few weeks will keep defenses more honest. Stat lines were garbage but most QB's have bad stats when running for their lives and down by more than 2 scores late in the game. I doubt Rodgers even survives that pass rush in one piece. I gave up on Zach early last year but if this defense and running game are as elite as they say QB play from Zach like this should win alot of games.
    • With a new OC, it takes time to understand what you have and scheme accordingly. It becomes especially difficult when you lose your QB1. Hopefully Hackett makes some personnel changes like promoting Ruckert/OL moves.
    Its a long season. Jets are 1-1 and if they can rebound this week against the Pats will be looking good.

ouchy likes this.