2024 QB Class

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Sep 14, 2023.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Is it true that it is loaded with talent?

Say we miss playoffs and end up with a pick between 13 and 16, can we grab a good guy?

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  2. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Unfortunately, my friend, it's just way too early to know. As of right now, there are 7 QB prospects that I've seen go in the 1st round in various mock drafts. Caleb Williams(USC), Drake Maye(UNC), JJ McCarthy(Michigan), Quinn Ewers(Texas), Shedeur Sanders(Colorado), Bo Nix(Oregon), and Michael Penix Jr.(Washington).

There are even a couple of guys who are in that early 2nd round range who are already generating some 1st round buzz. Cameron Ward(Washington State), Jordan Travis(FSU), and Jayden Daniels(LSU).

Like I said though, it's just too early to tell if we'll even be able to land any of these guys. Where do we end up picking? Do all of these guys even declare or do some decide to go back to school for another year? Does the scouting department even like the guys that would be on the board when it's our turn to pick in the first?

Just too many unanswered questions to know for sure but with that amount of talent available in this class (I count 10 guys right now that could conceivably be "1st round worthy" by the end of the process), I would try to target a QB with that 1st round pick this year. We're probably out of the Caleb Williams/Drake Maye range as they're fairly sure bets to be top 5-10 picks, and even JJ McCarthy is starting to solidify his place as QB3 in this class so even he might be out of reach, but there's a ton of talent in this class.

sackexchange and Brook! like this.
  3. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

I just want a tall QB with a monster arm? Any good candidates?

4. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Drake Maye. 6’4/6’5 with a rocket arm.

sackexchange likes this.
  5. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

What NFL player would Bo Nix compare to? I just watched some of him the other day against Coach Prime and I wasn't thinking he looked like a serious NFL prospect even though he's obviously an excellent college player.

But then again I thought that about Jalen Hurts so who knows.

6. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

I am not a fan of Bo Nix either. He was shit with Auburn.

dawinner127 likes this.
  7. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

Is there something about Oregon's system that inflates the value of their QB's? Or is it just that Pac-12 Defenses are sh*t?

Also, wanted to know why Sam Hartman isn't getting more hype.

8. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Hartman is basically capping out on his potential. He's alright, but at his advanced age, there's a reason he needed to transfer to show he can play a different system. So far I'd say it's been more good than bad but in college, I've seen enough kinks in his armor to not have high hopes on him at the next level.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

9. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

Forgot about his age. He's not the king of measurables either I don't think. Isn't he barely over 6' ?

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yeah Hartman was way better at Wake Forest in that gimmicky slow-mesh system that has some short 3-star throwing for tons of yards this year.
    Oregon always has elite line play and a good running game. It makes a quarterbacks life a thousand times easier.

sackexchange likes this.
  11. BamaDoc

BamaDoc Active Member

1) Rodgers is coming back. 2) Offensive Line is a shambles. 3) with a lot of QB prospects available, some will fall to mid rounds. Don’t think we will be picking super high so the “studs” likely gone. I think it is more likely to be a 3-5 rounder and more likely if we grab extra picks.

stinkyB and mrjet80 like this.
  12. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Yes this upcoming draft better be about fixing the OL once for all….I also wouldn’t mind some more skill weapons particularly WR.

Any talk of drafting a first round QB will have to wait until 2025 at the earliest ….

phubbadaman likes this.
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I think when all is said and done, Cam Ward, Shedeur, and Ewers all go back to school. Penix falls into a second round pick and Nix/McCarthy late second or third rounders.

Suddenly the draft is a lot less QB rich after these guys finished beating up cupcakes and got into conference play.

14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Somehow that sounds familiar around here.

15. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Jayden Daniels anyone?

stinkyB likes this.
  16. BamaDoc

BamaDoc Active Member

He was electric the other night, however he is smaller framed to my eye. He is so dynamic running that I fear he may run enough that he takes a beating. He threw the ball really well and don’t misunderstand me, I am not saying he is a running QB. Behind a good oline where he runs opportunistically, he might be special.

stinkyB and Brook! like this.
  17. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

He was looking like prime Mike Vick the another night until he took a helmet to the chin... Pretty impressive, but yes, he may be a bit slight of build to hold up in the NFL

18. stinkyB

19. stinkyB

Not sure if you guys watched them light up the Gators last night*, but that kid is something else! I think he's small as well, and may not hold up vs NFL betings, but if there's a chance he falls into the JETS lap, I hope they roll the dice and pull the trigger. The way the ball just flings from his hand, and runs like a video game.... it'll probably be a short lived but fun to watch pro career...

* uggggh.... went to buddy's house who's a DIEHARD Gators fan, and they're serious partiers. Fun night but I'm HURTING this morning. Making it through tonights game may be a struggle...

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  20. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Your going to have to dig deep and hang in there. Jets are going to score at least 10 points... I can just feel it.