Aaron Rodgers’ Injury - Return Date Watch

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jixxjr, Sep 11, 2023.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

nah, they have their excuse locked in.

Besides Woody is up there in the owner's booth dressed like a fuckin Tik Tok douchebag because Saleh & Douglas are letting him around the players and that's all he really wants

mezzavo likes this.
  2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I still feel physically sick. There is literally nothing we can do, the universe has it out for us. I guess there's solace in knowing there's a higher power that won't let us thrive. Being at that game last night was one of the worst and best experiences of my life. Un fucking real. This doesn't happen to anyone else.

I dont care who the QB is. None of them make us Super Bowl contenders and that's what we were up until about 825 last night. Nothing else matters.

BacktoQueens, dawinner127 and mezzavo like this.
  3. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Sadly, even in your scenario, that still lands us nowhere. I'm not interested in an "interesting each week" season. So we win a "few more games," big deal. All that does is for certain takes us out of the QB sweepstakes for next year's draft and then where does that leave us? I could have lived with a Rams style implosion if we had another Lombardi trophy in the case. All we have is a crappy ZW, who will finally be cut at season's end, no foreseeable answer at the most important position in professional sports and we'll have thoroughly wasted an uber talented defense that will essentially be torn down in 2025. Nearly ALL of the talent will be at a point where they will want paid which will result in the blow up. We may be able to retain a piece or two but not all of it. Then, when our defense is a shadow of it's former self, we will start working our way up to the top pick in the draft, ala the last 4 or 5 years, and we'll STILL come away with nothing. Nah, for those of us who have been watching this team for 40 years +, this take down of Rodgers is simply "par for the course." As some have already commented on this board, many of us were simply waiting for it to happen. Because it does always seem to happen. I think when sports casters tied "snake bitten" as a reference to sports teams they were thinking of the Jets when it was coined.

4. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Plus Rodgers salary this season was already paid in signing bonus's and option guarantees.

5. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I wouldn't want Kyler Murray if you promised me he would be healthy the next 5 years. That kid is a team DESTROYER. Not many Cardinals have much good to say about him. The NY market would eviscerate him. He can't handle the AZ media what makes anyone think he could survive in NY?

NCJetsfan and ouchy like this.
  6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

If I'm confident in what I'm saying of course I'm going to put it out there. Rodgers is coming back in 24 and those two will be back in 24. Book it.

bicketybam and UK_Chilts like this.
  7. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I don't want Murry. He isn't worth what he'd cost.

A big question is, what will Rodgers do going forward. Remember when we said Rodgers cut us a good deal, unless he gets hurt, which he covered his ass for. He will cost us 75 million over the next three seasons. Will there be another contract rework? Will he retire? Will he sit and collect for the next few years? Come back a play hobbled? Who knows?

8. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Maybe the Rodgers thing would never have been taken seriously or materialized at all if Woody hadn't been let back in the cool circle. I groaned outwardly and inwardly when it was more than apparent he was meddling where he didn't belong all over again. Now I'm not saying don't be "involved" with your investment, but if you aren't a surgeon, why are you being permitted to wield a scalpel in the OR? One of the most important things that Joe Douglas managed to accomplish was to get Woody the Rube to concede to stay out of direct football ops. For some reason unknown to man, Douglas lost his resolve on that, which will ultimately be his undoing IMO.

mezzavo likes this.
  9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I'm struggling to justify this myself as well.

Pivoting to Devils hockey here soon.

10. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Agree one hundred percent. I wrote a similar post on another thread. No way Aaron Rodgers has his Swan song on this demoralizing note.

He will be back next season. The Jets will play 2023 for the Gipper, they'll ground and they'll pound and get into the post season. Buy next year Rodgers puts the green and white duds on one more time to complete some unfinished business and get some companionship for that lonely SB3 trophy.

11. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

I really wish I could share in your enthusiasm but it just doesn’t pass the sniff test. It is what it is, we went all in and then we went bust

12. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Let's wait a year and find out.

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Dean, there's no shame in a grown ass man crying. If you don't let it out, it will still come out in some other way or some other time, or it will sit in your body and cause an illness. Let it out, my friend.

It is unreal. I don't think that any other team in sports history has had all the problems this team has had. It's simply soul-rending and mind boggling, how it continues from one regime to another. Most of it happens due to a poor decision or a poor hire, but sometimes it's just dumb, stupid luck or karma or something.

Brook! and JetFanInPA like this.
  14. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

Surround a 39 year old qb with a terrible offensive line what could
    Go
    Wrong? Guess joe d didn”t get mike whites memo last year. Wait what we need an offensive line?” With the 15th pick of the 2023 nfl draft the jets select “will mcdonald” when we already have Carl Lawson, jermaine Johnson, Bryce huff, and Jfm. Guess joe d really knows his stuff!

Acad23 likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

If it's the play I'm thinking of, because he was busy running for his life.

16. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

ditto, i teared up last night and went home from a bar b/c emotionally i couldn't take what was happening

17. NCJetsfan

The Colts aren't gonna trade Minshew. Ryan is toast. Absolutely not. Wentz? Nobody wants him, and he only lasts a year or two wherever he goes, and he's only marginally better than Zach, if that. No thanks. Foles is the only FA I'd even consider signing, but he isn't that much of an upgrade from Zach, if any, and how long would it take him to learn the scheme and developing timing and chemistry with the receivers, RBs and OL?

18. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

This Saleh press conference is depressing. Keeps trying to say we have full confidence in Zach, as if he’s trying to convince himself of that.
    He’s crushed, understandably so, but trying to lead thru this disappointment, so I give him credit for that.
    JD left this team out to dry yet again, by refusing to provide any competition to Wilson. Vanity decision and it’s gonna sink another season.

Ralebird likes this.
  19. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Yeah that was last night I was just popping off names - disregard. I have come to the conclusion it’s not going to be an old vet but somebody who can come in and potentially surprise. Personally I like Cooper Rush but not sure Dallas would part with him.

Foles not a bad option at this point either …

20. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Foles is a terrible option at any point. The one thing I give McCoy is at least he was on a team through training camp