What do you expect from Corey Davis?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bicketybam, Aug 8, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Lia Thomas is our practice squad QB

2. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Cancel culture isn’t real; if t was, you be tarred and feathered years ago.

Xoxo

bicketybam likes this.
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

we’ve all been there

BacktoQueens and KingRoach like this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The conversation wasn't about Lia Thomas or a QB. It was about Corey Davis. Brook! said how many yards and TDs that Davis would get this year, then said if "She" stays healthy.

5. JackBower

I was joking....

Yes, we need to lighten up around here a little.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Sorry that I missed the humor. You're right that things definitely need to be lightened up. Everyone is so tense, worried about the OL. It's gonna be what it's gonna be. We all need to take a deep breath, and just have fun and enjoy the ride.

JackBower likes this.
  7. JackBower

It's ok, I need to accept that I'm just not that funny

KingRoach likes this.
  8. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Uts not cancel culture, it’s
    I can assure you, this place thrives when you’re not here. It’s not cancel culture, it’s recognition that you’re more interested in propping yourself up by insulting others and making snide comments instead of actually talking football. At this point no one likes you. That’s not cancel culture, that’s you deciding to be an unlikeable dick and us choosing not to tolerate it.

9. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

lots of players had speed and playmaking ability but never put it together to be more then a gadget guy/depth guy and so far in his career thats what he's been. I remember you loved him coming out of the draft and wanted us to draft him. Chiefs didn't want to pay practically nothing to keep him. he never had more then 700 yards despite having the best QB, best WR, and best TE on the offense with him. I'm fine with him as our WR4 but dozens of others guys could take his place and I wouldn't lose any sleep

10. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what to make of Hardman. His career catch rate is pretty good (68.6%) and last year it was 73.5%. The year he had 693 yards receiving, Hill had 1239 receiving yard and Kelce had 1125. Hardman was 3rd with 693. I'm not sure if he could have done much more.

I don't think Hardman is great but I'd put him in the next tier up above JAG.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I expect Davis to provide 12.5 million dollars in production. He's due.

12. joe

joe Well-Known Member

It'd be interesting to see Trey Dean with Davis' foot speed, i.e. 'track man wheels' on a football player

13. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

IDK people have been calling corey davis a JAG here and saying we should cut him and he's been way better in his career then hardman has. under 700 yards when defenses have to worry about the best TE and best WR plus you have the best QB who makes crazy throws out of scramble drills and you can't take advantage of that to put up more then 693 yards doesn't scream anything but jag IMO. not to mention that had no interest in keeping him even though he's cheap. that has to speak volumes.

14. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Davis had a rough couple years between injuries, Wilson at QB, and some key drops.

But he’s a pretty tough WR capable of contested catches, can stretch the field, and blocks well.
    I think he rebounds big with Rodgers if he can stay healthy, and will out snap Lazard.
    He’s in line for a big year imo.

bicketybam likes this.
  15. Hectorfor3

Hectorfor3 Active Member

I think Davis could be a very nice surprise this year. Definitely has potential for 700+ yards and 4-5 TDs with Rodgers at the helm. Just needs to stay healthy which with him is far from a guarantee.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

He's a wr4 making 11 million with a significant injury history. He has no guaranteed money left and he refused to take a pay cut. If we don't have any significant wr injuries and any of the udfa receivers show anything, then I think he's likely gone (traded).

17. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

With how appealing you just made him sound, why would another team want to engage with the Jets in a trade for him?!

Acad23 likes this.
  18. bicketybam

Same reason they would trade for Zach Wilson, lol.

19. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

He wouldn't be a WR4 on many other teams. He could be a WR2 on another team and, for a WR2, he has an OK contract. Moreover, another team may have a significant WR injury in training camp and desperately need to replace an injured WR. Given the depth the Jets have at TE and RB, they will very rarely be playing more than 3 WRs, so, barring injury, he's a very expensive luxury. He may be a worthwhile luxury if none of the rookie WRs earn a roster spot, but if one of them does and the Jets don't carry 6 WRs (if they carry a FB, then they may only carry 5 WRs). Right now, they only have 2 WRs under contract for 2024 (Wilson & Lazard), so having a young WR who you can develop into something next year would be beneficial.

20. bicketybam

Corey Davis is WR4?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.