Hard Luck? (Jets Selected for Hard Knocks)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Acad23, Jun 26, 2023.

1. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

The first episode being so Rodgers centric was totally understandable. Second episode they could have & should have spread the wealth a little bit.

stinkyB likes this.
  2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

That was the best part! I was dying with all the paper being flung around. Mosley was like get the fuck out of here with that shit. You guys are doing it again and doing it right. I expect to see another rookie show!

3. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

It's always funny to see some of the rookies suck and get taunted and then the next set of rookies does something absolutely hilarious. Was missing the second part and it just kinda made it stupid. I mean, they decided to just play some Jackbox basically. Maybe will make the second rookie show funnier.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Michael Clemons looked like he wanted to pull the top of Oz Pearlman's head off and look at the magic inside.

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yeah but he looks like that with everyone

AtlantaJet and BacktoQueens like this.
  6. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

we finally have a team im so happy

JETFUEL1580 and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. abyzmul

I wonder if Hard Knocks will be boring this week too.

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Episode 3 was pretty good.
    Never knew much about Cobb but he's got soulful eyes... no wonder Aaron has a crush on him.
    I forgot T. Smart was still on the team.

Woody Johnson Update!
    He still a dork.

dawinner127 likes this.
  9. abyzmul

I know people wanted to see fringe players covered, but that was the first episode that bored me.

10. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Best episode yet, not really much to hate.

Morestead segment was hilarious
    Rodgers + Zach on the sideline after his run was a nice scene. Hardman and Cobb are very funny. Rodgers telling Saleh that his son punched him in the face was also very good.
    Q on his way to becoming one of my favorite players on this team
    Kind of shocked Sauce isn't that big a star into Hard Knocks through 3 episodes considering Sauce loves Twitch and his a big online personality
    The Braylon + Sanchez at practice had me in my feels from that 09/10 seasons. Hearing them talk about Wilson put a massive smile on my face. GW 1500+ yards incoming???
    Saleh had another banger of speech. Good stuff from him. Oh and Martini Nate with Breece was funny.

These boys are eager to play and get on the field. You could see how hyped Q and Garrett were when they talked to Saleh on the sideline when he told them they were all playing Saturday. Even Rodgers.

NCJetsfan and Ptflea2 like this.
  11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Tanzel Smart was an odd choice to highlight

12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I thought this was the best episode yet. It was a classic episode. You got your humor, you got some star power and you got some lesser-known guys that are on the bubble or in their first training camp. Just so happened that one of them got injured as well. Might as well call at the Randall Cobb Hour because he stole the show every time he was on the screen. Unless Q was on screen. Dude is unbelievably likable.

NCJetsfan and dawinner127 like this.
  13. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Yeah very weird to focus on him considering he has a very high chance of not even making the roster since they are so deep on the DL. Would be way more interested if they focused on WR6 spot (Gipson or Brownlee)

Oh. Also, how the hell could I forget Kapp! Rookie show was a banger compared to the shit they did last week.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  14. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

The interactions between Rodgers and Wilson are priceless. Always my favorite part if the show.

Woody looked like that necklace was going to pull him down by the neck, lol.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I hope they feature Becton next week. He has one of the most interesting stories on the team yet they haven't spent more than 5 seconds on the guy.

LogeSection2RowJ and NCJetsfan like this.
  16. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Hard Knocks doesn't get to choose who they cover, they more or less take who they can get. I wouldn't be shocked at all if Becton said no or if the team said no because they want him to stay focused. Smart checks a bunch of boxes, we just don't care because he's not a new story to us. We know he's been on the team forever but barely made a dent. Outside viewers think it's a 7-year vet that bounced around that might finally get his big break because he had a few good practices and a good preseason game.

dawinner127 and NCJetsfan like this.
  17. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

18. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Lol. Teams would line up for the opportunity if a 3rd rounder was in play. However, no way owners would collectively allow it though.

19. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

The weirdest thing on Hard Knocks so far is seeing that the coaches and players apparently care if they win or lose the preseason games. This is absolutely astounding to me based on my many many years observing and attending preseason games, which mostly are pure shit. Especially in the last few years. All I care about is injuries, and isolated plays made by players trying to make the team. Watching Hard Knocks, is seems like they care, want to win, shout out inspirational things in the locker room in order to get a victory. I am amazed based on how these games actually go.

If they felt that way you'd think they'd be tempted to do more things in order to win. Don't get me wrong - I am glad they don't do that, but this aspect of Hard Knocks has been the weirdest part to me. Anyone else feel that way?

Sec124DieHard and NCJetsfan like this.
  20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

It's no wonder there's an elevated energy around the Jets this season.

The Rodgers trade... the media hype... Hard Knocks... the OROY & DROY awards.
    We have a lot to look forward to... and to prove on the field.

I sure hope it doesn't turn to shit... :confused:

Brook!, NCJetsfan and NY Jets68 like this.