Hard Luck? (Jets Selected for Hard Knocks)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Acad23, Jun 26, 2023.

1. cval

cval Well-Known Member

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I would totally hang out with Nate Hackett.

3. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Yeah all jokes aside I can see how he failed as a HC. You can't be everybody's buddy. I love the dynamic he has with AR8 though.

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

His unimpressive body of work makes him a phony to me. Also the fact that he’s telling everyone to do their job “and more” when that strategy led to his defense blowing the biggest Super Bowl lead of all time.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Well... he did turn the D around last year... Saleh might have helped a bit.

Our defense was horrible in '21... I said at the time there was no way to win games with how the defense was playing... even if we had had a good QB.

Now...if the defense plays as well as last season... we'll be in every game.

Rodgers was 80-10 with the Packers when they allowed fewer than 20 points. The Jets allowed 18.6 PPG last season.

No guarantees... but my magic 8-ball says "things are looking good"... :cool:

westiedog1, Brook! and NCJetsfan like this.
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

OK, thanks. I didn't get a chance to watch it until last night, but I think I can understand why you see him as phony. With all the F-bombs, it seemed like he was trying to sound like a tough guy. Maybe it's just me, but all the coaches seemed to come across as "phony' last night. It was like they were trying too hard for the TV cameras

I don't know if it was just all the talent we have on D, or if it was Saleh, or if maybe Ulbrich learned, but the D sure did play well last year, and they should be even better with more experience in the scheme, with Adams at FS, McDonald part of the pass rush, JJ stronger and faster, Lawson another year removed from his injury, Sherwood bigger and stronger, etc.

joe and NYJalltheway like this.
  7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I left Ulbrich alone last season because I was impressed with the D for the most part, but the guy is a total meat head. Ultrabro.

Sec124DieHard and joe like this.
  8. BroadwayAaron

Our defense was shit until Saleh got the pieces in place to build a defense revolving around the 8 man DL and stud corner. Given Ulbrich’s track record I’d say that is more likely the reason than anything Ulbrich did himself. But also to tie it in with this post:

it’s very clearly a style that works in the NFL. I had to stop watching the last season with Detroit because every coach on that staff was a blow hard but it seemed to work for them because now they are on the precipice of being a good team. Just nothing I really care to listen to when I’m sitting at home watching TV.

joe and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I guess my sarcasm was too subtle.

Of course Saleh is the major factor in the D's success... I'll go as far as stating that Ulbrich didn't fuck it up.

bicketybam likes this.
  10. BroadwayAaron

No I caught it. I was agreeing and expanding. And that’s why I just can’t take his shtick. He can’t back it up.

Acad23 likes this.
  11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Ulbrich is the least of our worries...

12. bicketybam

He said bad words

13. BroadwayAaron

I never said he’s a worry. I said I don’t want to watch his blowhard shtick on tv.

14. BroadwayAaron

Why am I stunned that reading comprehension isn’t your strong suit?

15. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

BA

Either stop attacking bickety or be prepared to be benched a few weeks. Honestly, he is on pitch count. Your snarky comments about him is just provoking him and is unfair. Consider this your last warning before I bench you for a good amount of time.

bicketybam likes this.
  16. BroadwayAaron

Understood, but that won’t solve the problem that didn’t exist when he was banned. I responded to foolishness with foolishness which is my bad. His post was inflammatory and he literally made something up just so he could post it and derail another thread. It’s a weird habit that makes this place worse.

bicketybam likes this.
  17. Brook!

Thanks BA. Please leave it to Admin's and don't take things in your hand in case anybody crosses a line. Feel free to report it and stay aside.

18. bicketybam

It's all good. BA may be super cushy soft but I'm ok with him.

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Brook can you and the mods grow a thicker skin as a whole for this season? For fucks sake it’s like there’s a little bit of sarcasm and there’s suddenly a warning every day. We’re all *supposed* to be grown men. Every time a p-bag hits the report button doesn’t mean that said p-bag is justified. Sometimes they might just be a softie McSoftstein.

Kinda tired of these teacher like talking to’s every time some SmS gets offended and cries.

KingRoach, joe, cval and 1 other person like this.
  20. Brook!

JV

There is a special situation here and you don't know the inner workings. So please trust me on this.