Dalvin Cooks signs with Jets - 1 year deal

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jun 8, 2023.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm not worried in the least about Rodgers' skills deteriorating, because a lot of what makes him great is his football IQ and the mental aspect of his play.

Yes, I've seen Cook play. The year he was in the draft, I watched a lot of video of him. I've seen several of his games in his career, but mostly early in his career. I'm not a Vikings fan, so don't make an effort to watch them.

Fournette does not suck. That's an absurd take.

2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

That would a dream come true. Put 9 in the box and AR would eat them alive.

JetsFanDoc, westiedog1 and NCJetsfan like this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It is. It's a selfish, self-centered, me-first attitude. He wants to be the star, the center of attention more than he wants to win. Posters were starting to convince me that signing Cook would be the best move, but seeing that quote from Cook's mouth, I pretty much don't want him again. He's a jerk and a douchebag. There's no way I can root for that guy, regardless of how good he is.

So what do you guys who want the Jets to sign Cook think of that quote.

4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

On a lighter note, God only knows how Cook would perform off the field in NY with Hard Knocks upon us. I’m hoping to see in the locker room a big picture of S Payton, the Denver Broncos and a big fucking bullseye with week five circled.

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The one where he answered in the 3rd person?

Here's my thoughts - if Cook brings in 1,400 all purpose yards and 10 touchdowns, like he did last year, he can answer questions in 3rd person, 1st person, iambic pentameter, however he grammatically wants

thomas jones was the last guy to touch those results here. That's 14 years ago

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

When you don't watch the games, quotes mean more than stats I guess.

7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Nobody wants to see him on the field more than myself...
    But it would be smart to ease Breece back in.

It's a long season and he's coming off a substantial knee injury.

Let him heal up fully but keep him fresh for a late season run.

NCJetsfan and Borat like this.
  8. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

So I just heard Bert Breer say on Toucher And Rich this morning that he believes Cook wants to sign with the Jets and he’s just holding out for more money and that it’s a widely held belief that the Jets are his #1 choice. Those with Spotify check it out if you want, it’s in the second hour of today’s show. (Don’t worry, the host Fred is a Jets fan)

NCJetsfan and BleedJetsGreen1981 like this.
  9. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I can honestly say I don’t think I’ve ever read the words “iambic pentameter” on this site before. Good show browning.

10. JetFanInNE

I can’t remember the last place I seen or heard it but it’s perfectly used here in this thread

Brook! and Dierking like this.
  11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

UDFA's always looking to flash in camp...

BrowningNagle likes this.
  12. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

No. This is, lol

13. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Great post, but my point was not so much concerned with the number of fumbles but the attempt to close a potential liability with the best solution. If, for example, the Jets go into the season with Hall, Carter, Knight and the new guy, all with no more than 2 years experience, and one of them fumbles in a crucial situation costing the Jets the season, JD could be criticized for allowing inexperienced RBs to determine the Jet's fate. On the other hand, if we sign a guy like Cook, even if he were to fumble in a crucial situation, at least JD would be covered because he did attempt put experience in the lineup even if it didn't work out. Nobody can predict whether my concern is warranted or not, but with the Rodgers short window for success, I would think a GM would not want to leave anything to chance, especially since he has acted to acquire other veterans to surround Rodgers.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

@NCJetsfan I don't see anything wrong with this quote. Says great vibe with the Jets. Says that he wants to be around people that want him. That share his value. Then clarified saying that is to win. He wants to be himself. Wants to be part of something special, add to what's going on. Wants to be around Aaron. He said all the right things, let's not hate on the guy for that.

Let me try to convince you further on why we can use him instead. Given we don't have full practice videos we have to rely on media folks that do, and I think "can't wait" guys do a fairly decent job of coverage. Basically, from their observations Izzy had a rough start to the camp. Drops, fumbles, etc.... Had his moments too but feels like he needs more seasoning. And Saleh actually commented that Izzy has to want it more. Not exactly a ringing endorsement for this year. Izzy is also one of the youngest guys drafted. He may be a year away from being a good contributor, and with that he still did better than Carter.

I know you hope Breece could be like Peterson, and I hope so too, but odds are against it. He had a surgery Nov 18: https://heavy.com/sports/new-york-jets/breece-hall-michael-carter-james-robinson/ . There cannot be ANY contact for minimum 9 months. That's August 18 at the earliest. The season starts Sept 11, and by August end he hasn't had any contact for 10 months. It would be foolish to rush him back to play in Sept, even if he feels he is ready. Maybe a few touches here an there. But until mid season, we will need others to carry the load.

Izzy is not ready yet, and Carter seems to be worse than him. Cook and Bam can carry the load to start. And who knows, with the OLine we have, there could be injuries. Having Cook, who is not exactly super old turning 28 next month and is coming off his 4th straight Pro Bowl year and second best season of his career, if JD can somehow get him without breaking a bank, would be of great help. And Cook must realize that if he wants to extend his career and earning potential, he cannot be a featured back for many more year like this. With the Jets he can split reps and extend his career. Plus he can actually mentor Breece as he has a 4 time Pro Bowl/1000+ yard back pedigree. This move makes sense all around, as long as the price is right.

#134 Borat, Jul 28, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2023
  15. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Anytime Travis Kelce speaks?

16. JetFanInNE

“Just getting around people that want to love on Dalvin Cook”

Point, Dalvin Cook

17. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Honestly,I think the amount of times I've heard an athlete refer to themselves in the third person is over a hundred times in my life.

Being a D bag isn't the cutoff point for me. Definitely to each his own.

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Long as he can outrun his mouth...

NCJetsfan and NY Jets68 like this.
  19. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

The way I understood this comment is that he wants to be with the team that wants him, which appears to the Jets. I don't see anything wrong with this comment at all.

NCJetsfan and IDFjet like this.
  20. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

Jets fans aren’t used to thinking that way. But better start

NCJetsfan, IDFjet and LAJet like this.