Where will the Jets finish in the division (poll)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, Jun 8, 2023.

?

Where will the Jets finish in the AFC East?

1. 1st

34 vote(s)
    36.6%
  2. 2nd

40 vote(s)
    43.0%
  3. 3rd

17 vote(s)
    18.3%
  4. 4th

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Well fucking said about Marino. I had the same thoughts about Allen/Marino when I was typing my responses yesterday.

The AFC is going to be loaded for the next decade at the QB position. It isn't crazy to think that Allen and the Bills never get over Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert, Lamar, or Lawrence for the next 10ish years.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Kickball Head! I can almost hear the kickball sound when his head hits the ground.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

might explain why Stefon Diggs got tired of him last year

4. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

A better question is what happens to the Jets? Right now, they have a 2-year window. After Rodgers retires then where do the Jets go. Don't tell me Wilson. He sucks. JD struck out with that pick.

5. dawinner127

Back to the draft baby.

GREG likes this.
  6. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

If the rest of the team is ready to compete for a championship, then I could see the Jets going the FA route if there are any decent QB's available at that time. JMHO but I don't see Wilson as the answer. The Jets aren't going to trust a rookie coming out of college if they have a win now type of team. As of right now it's a 2-year window with Rodgers.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  7. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

Thinking Josh Allen can’t carry a team is kind of a crazy thing to say considering that’s really all he’s ever done. Who did they have on their roster last year besides him and Diggs? Allen took the bills to the playoffs the first time with guys like Robert foster and duke williams as his receivers. He’s been their leading rusher for like 3 years. He’s the entire offense and the entire team. All he’s done is carry them and yet they’re 13-3 or 12-4 every year and can (and have) beaten any team in the league with really no help. Everyone and their mother has been asking for help around Allen.

Acad23 likes this.
  8. BrowningNagle

Looked like shit in the snow against an average Bengals defense

9. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Sounds about right

10. dawinner127

Okay so you are saying the GM is top 5, but somehow Allen needs to carry the team by himself.

If the GM is top 5, Allen wouldn't have to be superman.

Make up your mind.

NCJetsfan and BrowningNagle like this.
  11. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Allen is obviously one of the best QB's in the league and he has been the main threat in the offense. He can carry the Bills to wins over bad/average teams. The problem is once you get into the playoffs then you need the entire team to step up as the competition is a good team. Allen alone won't win the Bills a Superbowl. He needs help. On offense it's really just him and Diggs as the only elite level players. The Bills defense hasn't really stepped up in the playoffs either. They did play well against the Ravens and Pats a few years ago. But they were shredded by the Chiefs and Bengals. Against KC they couldn't even protect a 3-point lead with just 13 seconds left in the game and the Chiefs starting at their own 25.

12. BrowningNagle

Bills fans are like cheerleaders these days, the organization and everyone in it are never criticized. Even the Buffalo media is in fanboi mode

Brook! and dawinner127 like this.
  13. BrowningNagle

Dolphins lost 5 of 6 down the stretch last year (only win was 11-6 against terrible Jets), with a practice squad level rookie QB and they still nearly knocked off Buffalo, in Buffalo, in the playoffs.

Bills were lucky to survive that easy test and then got the doors blown off them against a good team the next week. They are not that good.

Anyone has a shot at the division, Jets & Patriots included.

Brook! and dawinner127 like this.
  14. Bills over Jets

You ever heard of injuries and guys out for the season, like Von Miller, Tre White, Micah Hyde, Jordan Poyer? Dawson Knox’s brother died right before the season last year and he understandably didn’t look like the same player. Josh Allen played with a torn elbow most of the year when other QBs would have missed time Gabe Davis played through a high ankle sprain that would have sidelined others, and he wasn’t himself most of the year.

15. Bills over Jets

You know better than that.

16. dawinner127

[​IMG]

Brook! and BrowningNagle like this.
  17. BrowningNagle

its true. It is a very fragile fanbase. You dont even live near Buffalo so you dont understand

18. Bills over Jets

You asked me to explain how the gm could be good if Josh Allen needed help, and I reply that because all the guys the gm brought in didn’t play, and you write that’s an excuse? Lol.

19. dawinner127

You pointed out just last year. How about the year before where the Chiefs ripped your heart out in the Divisional round? Or the 2020 in the AFCCG? We are just going to ignore those years where Allen, mcdermott, and beane were at the helm?

You want to call out all the injuries? Okay fine-- how about Cinci missing 60% of their starting OL for the game vs Buffalo where they got throttled. Cincinnati was missing both its starting tackles and starting right guard. Poyer, Trey White, and Knox all played in that game so why are you even using them as an excuse LMAO.

Take off the goggles man. Beane sucks and Allen cannot do it all by himself to win a Lombardi.

Give me a break :rolleyes:

20. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I don't think Beane sucks. The Bills have made the playoffs in 5 of the last 6 years with 3 straight AFCE titles. They won 13 games last season, so the roster is pretty good. I think McDermott is more the problem then Beane. He is a good coach who got the organization turned around, but I don't think he is the guy to get them over the playoff hump. They are winless on the road in the playoffs with McDermott with an 0-4 record (JAC, HOU, KC x 2). Blew a huge lead at Houston and 13 seconds has to be one of the biggest collapses in playoff history. KC was starting at their own 25. I don't care that it was Mahomes, Kelce, and Hill. You can't lose that game at that point. I would have fired McDermott or at the very least Frazier after that game.

Brook! and bicketybam like this.