Where will the Jets finish in the division (poll)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, Jun 8, 2023.

?

Where will the Jets finish in the AFC East?

1. 1st

34 vote(s)
    36.6%
  2. 2nd

40 vote(s)
    43.0%
  3. 3rd

17 vote(s)
    18.3%
  4. 4th

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Mike White is a decent backup but if he has to be "the guy" then the Dolphins are in trouble. If the Jets have trouble with the Mike White's of the league, then this team isn't nearly as good as everyone thinks they are. Going to have to beat Mahomes, Allen, Burrow and maybe even Lawrence and Herbert to compete in the AFCE/AFC to ultimately make a playoff run.

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I'm not worried. The fanbase liked White because he's under 30 and not terrible, but that doesn't mean he's good.

3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

But this is the JETS.... he's guaranteed to become insta-legend *

*or at least Danny White ;)

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  4. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

Depending on how healthy they can stay, the Jets could win the division handily. The Jets are a supremely talented team. Their job is to get chemistry at a premium before the season starts because the first 6 games is a real live fucking gauntlet....

KingRoach likes this.
  5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

DANNY WHITE! The Rex Grossman of the 80s.

6. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Nobody is winning this division handily. It will be a three-way fight with the Pats in last place. This supremely talented team only won 7 games last year. I want to see them prove it where it counts starting in September.

7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

without the whippets.....

abyzmul likes this.
  8. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

We'll see but I stand by what I said.....

KingRoach likes this.
  9. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

And what is that “feeling” based on? The Bills roster now is light years ahead of where it was in previous seasons. For example, just last year alone, the bills played all/most of last year without Micah Hyde, Von Miller, Tre White, Jordan Poyer, and a horrible interior offensive line, no power running game, and no reliable weapon on offense after Diggs. They get all of those players back now, plus they added a top free agent guard and the top ranked guard in the draft, and Dalton Kincaid. They added quality role players like RB Damien Harris, DE Leonard Floyd, S Taylor Rapp, OL David Edwards, etc.

Also, you (and others) are very much sleeping on the dolphins. When Tua played last year they were consistently in the top 5 in the league in power rankings. If he remains healthy, they are a problem, especially adding Fangio on defense. Their roster is loaded.

10. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Agree about the Dolphins except I don't expect Tua to remain healthy.

KingRoach likes this.
  11. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

Yeah it should be interesting to watch. AFCE will be fun this year. Every single game for Miami, jets and bills will be a big deal. I can only hope Denver rebounds with Payton so the chiefs have some semblance of competition. It sounds crazy but the Jags may have the best and most clear path to a 1 seed since everyone in their division sucks

KingRoach and bicketybam like this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I understand that the Jets want to add speed all over the field but I really wish the Jets tried to add some more pieces to play bully ball at the end of the year. Home versus Washington, @ Cleveland, @ New England is a cold end to the year in December.

The schedule is pretty friendly otherwise. 3/4 at home to start the year and 4/5 at home in the stretch run starting at Thanksgiving is a great roll. No excuse to not be 12-5.

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

correct. No excuses. Very refreshing

if they miss the playoffs, I want to see major changes. (New coach, new GM, new QB) The time is now

Cman68 likes this.
  14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

That's the unspoken mandate isn't it? After all this drama and cash being laid out, anything less than a PO run would not sit well with anyone. I'm just praying Rodgers has more left in the tank than Verlander or Max. God help us if he doesn't.....

BrowningNagle likes this.
  15. bicketybam

It's going to be a very tight playoff race in the loaded AFC this year. Every game will be extremely important and if Rodgers gets dinged to the point he has to sit out a game or two, we will be pinning our hopes on Zach Wilson. While Wilson did play QB in 5 wins last year, it's hard to feel even remotely comfortable with him behind center. The Jets are taking a pretty big risk by not bringing in a vet to be the #2. Pray Rodgers doesn't miss any time.

16. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Is a Tua-Less Dolphins team still better than the Patriots?

17. jago

jago Active Member

jets have a strong enough D and aaron really seems happy to be here, and knows how to use our weapons.
    hearing that breece hall is coming around helps too.
    i stuck it out there. 1st place.

18. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

If they miss the playoffs I want Saleh and his staff gone. Joe D can stay though :)

19. bicketybam

But JD hired the staff and handed them the keys to a "win now" team. I really like JD, but wiffing on Zach coupled with missing the playoffs after trading for Rodgers (especially if it comes down to Zach not being able to adequately fill in for a hurt Rodgers for a game or two) should be a death sentence.

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

If they miss the playoffs it would be 5 seasons without a playoff appearance for Joe Douglas. Getting a 6th year has to be unprecedented, especially in this market.

bordering on Isiah Thomas/Knicks territory there and while that sucked royally, at least Thomas had a pedigree. Joe Douglas, first time GM gets to hire 3 head coaches, and keep his job with 6 years of losing? come on now