Joe Douglas: Superstar?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LogeSection2RowJ, Apr 24, 2023.

1. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

The short answer is yes. Haven't trusted a GM like him since Tannenbaum was here.

2. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

No. It's a 34 part mini series over 2 years maybe extended to 3.

3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Some of those things get cancelled in the middle of their first season.

4. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

so me poking fun at you is a personal attack? But you actually cussing at me isn’t lol you suck the life out of anything situation or room I can tell

5. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

The problem with the modern NFL is your success is 75% down to who your QB is - give a GM or a coach a franchise QB and they look like a genius - if they have poor QBs then the team is almost certain to suck and they will look terrible - there are things each can do to help the situation but really it is all about getting lucky in the draft (either in terms of where you are picking or a particular player falling to you) and as we all know the Jets never seem to have that kind of luck

6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Sorry..this Post is ridiculous

Take away the AR scenario and getting Lazard we are aTeam who has lived with few wins and dwelled in the NFL cellar ..all while JD cashed his checks

All Joe D did right now is save his job and Rob Saleh's because both were due to be fired

7. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

Message board GM’s and analysts always know what is best. You got a love it

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Typically when the new schedule comes out we all prognosticate on the 6 or 7 games the Jets can win that season. Now with Aaron Rodgers at the helm the Jets can compete in every game and likely win a dozen or more.

If you want the shiny car or the fancy vacation or the veteran all-time great quarterback you have to pony up for it. The Jets are relevant again. The Jets will have respect again. No more doormats, punching bag or laughing stock.

Our New York Jets will be the team opposing players fear.

If the price of that was a first round pick so be it. Totally worth it.

Go Jets!

#88 BleedJetsGreen1981, Apr 26, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2023
  9. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Are you confused on what a personal attack Is?

We aren't friends, you don't know me at all. I am debating football, you are judging my character, based on some posts on the internet... Instead of actually talking football.

I never cussed at you, I don't even know you, or care enough about you to cuss at you.

I cuss, a lot. It's part of who I am as a person.

Now you are gaslighting someone on a football forum. Good job.

I've only been talking football. You are the only one being personal and contributing absolutely nothing to the football side of things.

Glad I could clear that up for you.

No need to reply. I don't give a fuck. Take It easy.

Ralebird likes this.
  10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

R E L A X

11. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

For the last 12 years the Jets failed to make the playoffs. Our front office failed in each and every one of those years. If tou take the time to go through old posts on these forums you will see that many armchair GMs made good calls while the front office did not. Everyone who was against drafting Zach Wilson was vindicated.

Ralebird and ConcordeChops like this.
  12. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

My favorite GM we've had since I started watching the team seriously.

13. joe

joe Well-Known Member

So, so true! . As Jet fans we all would like to declare that AR's 2023 season will be a smashing success but that would be 'irrational' . because no one knows what the future holds or what tomorrow will bring because as a very wise man once said: . Tomorrow Never Knows. .

14. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Today was a great day for Jets fans. But it's also April 26th. Show me the great days starting in September and hopefully ending in February. At the very least they should have some in January.

15. joe

joe Well-Known Member

16. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

Funny how Us Jet fans are so optimistic around free agency/draft and than when December comes we are always disgruntled and cursing out Woody, the Gm, the head coach, and the offensive coordinator. I can't believe we stooped so low that we are calling a guy who is 20-46 as Gm a superstar. The guy traded away our 1st and 2nd round pick for probally a 1 year rental coming off one of the worst years of his career that no other team not even his team wanted to touch. He put his job security 1st in front of the team because he knows if he don't build a contender this offseason his job is toast. He let the Greenbay Gm manhandle him after having all the leverage when the Packers said they want Arod gone, and the Jets being the lone suitors, he drafted the biggest bust in Jet history, and a offensive lineman who came into camp out of shape his whole time here who will probally go down as a big bust also. He is supposed to know how to build a offensive line but apparently has no clue as its been a lard of shit his whole time here. He had 2 of his wide receivers demand to be traded because of how dysfunctional this organization is, so far besides fleecing seattle with the Adams trade and hitting on a few guys in last years draft Joe Douglas has been grade A shit.

17. DrM

DrM Member

Wow-jets4848. You must be real fun at cocktail parties. Stop holding back and express what you really feel…..you calling Wilson the biggest bust in Jets history exemplifies how little you know about Jet history- you should dial back the vitriol and recognize that JD has turned around a moribund team despite the clueless ownership

ColoradoContrails and abyzmul like this.
  18. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

Ya 20-46 and 7-10 last year beating on up backup quarterbacks ending the season losing 6 straight what a freakin turn around. Let me know when the Jets make the playoffs ok, Right now they just traded away our future for a guy who is 40 and seems to be regressing down the hill and that no team wanted to touch, just cause he has Mvp on his resume doesn't mean it will work out. There's reason why his own team wanted to get rid of him so badly even though he draws the crowd, sells the merch, and gets you primetime games and a shitload of revenue. And yes Zack wilson is the biggest bust in Jets history considering he plays the most important position and has been worse than Jamarcus Russell.

19. DrM

DrM Member

Jamarcus Russell? You are truly out of your depth. First, the book is still open on Zach so comparing relevant bodies of work is premature to say the least. If you’re so angry about bringing in a HOF QB I can suggest a very simple solution- go find a new team. And since this thread is dedicated to JD, I also suggest you check how many teams have had OROY AND DROY in the same season. I will do this for you, I wouldn’t want your blind aggression to skewer facts. It’s the 1967 Lions and the 2017 Saints.

20. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

I have no problem with taking a risk with Aaron Rodgers I always liked Aaron Rodgers, I have a problem with Jd showing desperation and letting Greenbay Fleece him when no other team wanted to touch Rodgers. Greenbay Fleeced Jd and there is no other way to put it, to this date no one has put any report out that any team even offered a 7th round pick for Aaron Rodgers, The compensation Jd gave Greenbay for AR is moronic.