Aaron Rodgers is a Jet

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NOVAJET, Apr 24, 2023.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I am unhappy too jetsfan

Maybe stupid too ..heh

But if we overpaid for a trip to the SB it's all good ..if not... Life goes on:(

2. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

This is not only for the next year or two but ideally Rodgers can help develop Wilson into a guy that takes over smoothly and effectively after Rodgers retires.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Nice thought but I don’t think Wilson is fixable … not in NY anyway. Too much baggage….this is Woody, JD, and Saleh shooting for the stars - and truthfully with the talent on this roster the Jets are in the thick of things for the next two years. Beyond that they are going need to find a good young QB.

stinkyB and KWJetsFan like this.
  4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Maybe you're right about Wilson, but as far as we know Douglas & Co still think he can be a good QB for them. That said, it wouldn't shock me if now that AR is in the fold, a deal is made to send ZW somewhere (SF?) for a decent draft pick. And before anyone says "He's not worth a decent draft pick", if that's the case then I doubt JD sends him anywhere.

egelband likes this.
  5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Cook @BroadwayZach

BroadwayAaron likes this.
  6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Darksiders won't sour this day for me GOT DAMN IT.

We gonna be playing some amazing football soon and the kids will support A-Rod

Now watch HARD KNOCKS will be coming...

7. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Can't f'n wait till the season..

8. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I was using double as an example about being satisfied with an overpay.

I already posted and I think you already disagreed--we could have had him for much, much less or just walk away.

We won't know the total damage until the end of the year but it can become ridiculous if AR plays 65% of snaps and we don't make the playoffs.

Good chance this trade will go down as one of the best in NFL history for the Packers who had to get out of his contract this year.

Lon Chaney likes this.
  9. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

I respectfully disagree. It is win now for the jets. They are not drafting a QB anytime soon as that player will not see the field. They need players who help this year and next. So i think they do believe in wilson and fully expect him to take over. Even though JD had to make the trade, and the jets will behighly competive, i dont think he wants his legacy to be that brief. He wants the team to be able to compete after rodgers and i think he thinks wilson can do it

10. NOVAJET

11. DrM

DrM Member

Anyone questioning JD after DROY AND OROY just plain does NOT know anything about football! I do agree that the Woody stink is all over this, however taking the macro stance going into the draft with this settled is the smart play, and the prudent thing to do. All this negativity over the fact they we needed to upgrade the MOST important position on the field in order to capitalize on the young talent that JD has assembled is the priority.

Nyjets4eva and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

Crikey and I thought the media moves were big news

13. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I want to join the alternate universe where drafting the OROY and DROY in one year, then getting the best QB the jets have ever had (albeit a rental) is the worst jets GM in history. The Jets in that reality sound very successful.

In three off seasons, not four, we went from a perennial talentless joke to a team with SB aspirations.

14. NOVAJET

This, total 360 degree turn around. Joke of the NFL to Vegas #4 in the league? Yes please.

UK_Chilts and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I respect that view but on the flip side, it could go down as one of the best trades for the Jets if they make the superbowl.

I dont like the conditions on the 2024. I thought it should've been more performance base vs playing time. But I don't think it's a deal that kills the franchise. The Jets literally have the 5th or 6th best odds to win the SB this year. They didn't mortgage the future.

Jamal freaking Adams fetched 2 firsts and a third. Shit. Sam Darnold returned a 2nd and 4th. Think about that for a second.

16. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

And people will still complain that we gave up too much

Get me the Damn Ball likes this.
  17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

you would think a guy who drafted the DROY and OROY would know more than anyone the value of keeping your draft picks

Ralebird and soh_vet like this.
  18. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Probably knows that having an engine for a sports car is necessary and you don’t get them for free.

Luckily he still has this years first and second rounders and one of the first or second next year plus a full cupboard behind the second.

19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

A few years ago I was at a cocktail party where a drunk guy took a messy shit... didn't flush... and quickly left.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

No “or”. GB will be using the Jets 1st next year. If not then Douglas won’t be here so it’s not relevant to the conversation