Jets first in line for Lamar Jackson if he becomes available - SNY

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BleedJetsGreen1981, Jan 9, 2023.

1. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

preferring Carr to Lamar...

ach du lieber!

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. Losmeister

Its all one can do to resist sayn ish that'll get one banned

i

3. Losmeister

I wasnt sold on that class... and said... stick to 6 and take LJ

4. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Harbaugh and the GM stays they want him. Lamar wants to stay in Baltimore.
    There are reports that Lamar and Romandidnt get along.

5. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

thank you!!!

I continue to be completely flabbergasted by the excuses that are made for Zach. His stats are literally bottom of the barrel across the board….completion rate, yards per game, yards per attempt, TDs, TD to Int ratio….on and on….he is in the same league as Josh Rosen and Jamaracus Russell for chrissakes.

literally compares to some of the biggest QB busts around, and yet I still see posts about well we didn’t develop him, or the system, or the OL, or the drops….Jeez…

I would LOVE to see him “reset” and come back and be even serviceable…but it’s a pipe dream.

JD and Saleh are saying what they’re saying to try and salvage some maybe potential value down the road, and really mostly because they are kind of stuck with him. It was easy for Arizona to dump Rosen after one year because they had the first pick next year and knew they were taking a QB…unfortunately we won’t be in position to take one of the top QBs so we have fewer options. So we’re kind of stuck with him for next year but they can keep him as QB3 and see if he develops a bit

but the chance of Zach developing into a FQB are pretty much zero now…no great QB in the modern era has ever looked as bad as Zach….and even the chance of him becoming a serviceable QB are not great…

Nyjets4eva and CotcheryFan like this.
  6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

This would be $55 million less GTD than what Kyler got from Arizona. These two parties have got to be lightyears apart.

7. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

And they will probably stay that way unfortunately, the Browns set a precedent most teams won't be willing to follow. Smart teams anyway. Now there are players that would be worth that kind of money, Burrow, Allen, Mahomes... But unfortunately I don't put Lamar in that stratosphere, too many injuries and a different style of QB. I am sure Lamar puts himself there given the MVP year but do the Ravens? Would another team? Hopefully not us..

8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Hard pass on Lamar Jackson ,,,,I have a Nurse friend in Baltimore saying he NEVER completes a full season of football due to injury

That said ..Douglas will get conned the same way ZW played him ugh

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Nobody is worth $230M guaranteed. The NFL is too transitory to allow that kind of value to get locked in against the cap.

papapump, JetFanInPA and bicketybam like this.
  10. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Well except for the 3 out of 5 seasons that he did. I didn’t even need a nurse friend in Baltimore to tell me that.

This thread has to be the most hilarious in TGG history. The amount of Jets fans saying no to a 26 yr old former MVP is mind boggling, especially considering our draft history & QB history.

11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I still cannot believe that stupid contract Browns gave Watson

papapump, Br4d and Jets79 like this.
  12. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

problem with lamaar is he's coming off back to back years with injuries costing him the end of the season. he's missed 10 games in the past 2 years. he's also never played a full year (mind you once was a rookie season where he didn't start right away and the other 2 were resting the final week in a meaningless game. he's also 1-3 in the playoffs and ran a system where WRs were barely used leading to his WRs wanting out. meaning that wilson and moore will be under used.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

They're the Browns...

Nyjets4eva and BrowningNagle like this.
  14. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I would take Lamar in na heart beat. It really just depends on what Baltimore n wants in return, which will most likely be a king's ransom

BrowningNagle likes this.
  15. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

That’s because they used him as a running back. If he had a more balanced passing attack and had the threat of the run he would stay healthier.

16. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

The problem with Lamar is not the player he is today, nor over the next 3-4 years. The problem is with the guarantees he wants he’ll be forced to be our starter well past his athletic abilities. Is Lamar capable of playing at a high level without his athleticism the way Steve McNair did, or even Randall Cunningham? Right now that answer is no. Without his athleticism Lamar is not a very good QB at all. If we give him the 7-9 year contract guaranteed that he wants I think you have to factor that in. It very well could be 3-4 years worthwhile and whatever is left completely ruins us for upwards of a half decade since we’ll have 50m a year tied into him with no way out.

17. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

thats not his skill set. without his running he isn't a high caliber passer. he has his limits

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Jackson can throw it better than you give him credit for.

19. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

Believe it or not, Mahomes is going to be another that will struggle without his legs

20. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

All the years I’ve been here and yet in this thread I still can’t believe what I’m reading. You people are crazy! Lol

JetFanInNE likes this.