The New "Tuck Rule"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by fenwyr, Jan 9, 2007.

1. ekem015

ekem015 Member

Bitter, delirious, and :drunk: .

2. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

Its one thing to debate and argue it, however he is calling people f'wad and questioning people's credibility. He might have a case as many calls arent called. However to say that this was the wrong call is just wrong, the Patriots have earned the pedestal line with the amount they have won. If we win like that we'll get it. I see this thread as a waaah complaining type even though it was the right call.

3. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Give it up dude!

4. Long & Winding Rhode

It was challenged and upheld. Thats that.

5. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

he threw the ball backwards. It's a live ball. I was screaming for Brick to fall on it.

6. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

I'm loving this thread. I'm on vacation, and still taking time to read it. It should be noted that the refs weren't standing around clueless on the play. If you look at the replay from the widest camera angle, you'll see the refs (at least one of them) extending their arm in the direction of a backwards pass, thus indicating their ruling that they believe it was a lateral pass. The refs knew what was being called, and they were correct in their judgement.

7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Fortunately, you are not a referee.

8. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

As of now, I have this thread as the front runner for "Biggest waste of bandwidth 2007".

Is that a category? It should be.

9. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

They don't call California "the land of the fruits and nuts" for no reason.

10. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

This is your GREATEST POST EVER!

11. KSJets

KSJets New Member

I don't think he's high...but is a 2 day hangover possible???

12. Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special New Member

1. The ball was not knocked down at the line of scrimmage. Plain and simple. The defender was inside the line of scrimmage and tipped a ball that was travelling backwards.... That is a fumble according to the rules of what a backward pass is. Maybe we should blame our offensive line for allowing so much pressure on a lateral.

And, CUT THIS CRAP ABOUT THE PATS GETTING ALL THE CALLS!!! My god, you people are such sore losers. Stop it. Grow up. The refs dont have a bias towards the Pats. They call the game according to the rules. Stop being a sore loser. Stop blaming the Pats for everything. Its getting old.

13. chrisrex

chrisrex Active Member

This thread is the most fascinating observation of human behavior I have ever encountered.

Please, go on...

14. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

It looked like a backwards pass from where I was sitting in Hoboken.

TBTF

15. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

The funny thing to me is that I remember thinking during the game that the Jets were getting all the calls for once in a big game. Pats had a lot of laundry thrown their way.

TBTF

16. Out for the Season

Out for the Season New Member

I agree, I think it is the first time that I have seen a fumble after a DL knocked it down, however it was the right call but like the problems the referees had before making a clear definition about what a catch was, this call need to be constant everytime it happens cause I don't remember very well but I actually think that something similar happened in a game however the ball wasn't knocked down by a DL instead it was almost picked off by a DB and it was ruled incomplete pass, but to me that one looked like it was going backward too, well then in that game the call was wrong and it should have been ruled a fumble or reviewed and they did none of them.

Also I have seen that happen before to the Jets but mostly on a dropped lateral/pass not on a knocked ball but I really believe that the refs made the right call also I have seen this year that the refs are not blowing the whistle too often unless they are almost 100% sure that the play is over, they seem to had problems cause of the down by contact plays in the previous years and this year they are not ruling the plays over unless they are completely sure.

17. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

I was questioned by this also. Its a rule though bro, BUT I think its a BS rule since Colvin tipped it and HAD the chance to get A turnover.

I think they need to enforce A rule where if you throw or hand it backwards that if the defender touches the ball before it reaches the RB/WR, it doesnt become an alive ball. The Defender already gets a chance to make a play to pick it off already.

18. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Lets be fair though, it was a packed house in Foxboro and for all we know there could have been fans blowing whistle left and right. Ive seen them in football and basketball games before where fans blow the whistle and confuses the players.

19. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I've read this thread and I believe fenwyr already gave up his original point, his point he is trying to make is when exactly do they draw the line, which officials have already been inconsistent as to where a pass goes from automatically being incomplete and when it is a fumble.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Fight the good fight, fenwyr! Never let them break your spirit!