The next OC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Jan 11, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Monken isn’t a realistic candidate unless I missed an update somewhere. His name is mentioned but there’s no confirmation he has any desire to leave the cushiest job in all of college football for a modest pay raise and no job security.

SOJAZ likes this.
  2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Just too hysterically funny>>>no one wants the Jets job? I guess Coaches know a trash Franchise when they see it lol

So get ready to embrace another trash OC who won't do anything for a FA QB who buys into Woody Js con game and grifts millions from that loser

Dont you guys get it?? The Jets are the home of Coaching newbies or washed up has beens who will make a quick millions from J and J

We are a step above the USFL or maybe a CFL team >>>reality

boozer32 likes this.
  3. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I worry about interviewing too many. These guys have been around. It's a small fraternity.

4. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I did. This Is all playing out just like I thought. Actually worse than I thought. Which Is wild.

Should've kept MLF. He really wasn't as bad as NYJ fans wanted to believe.

Of course though. Gotta ride that emotional rollercoaster and demand all the knee jerk reactions come to fruition. Someone must pay!!! Right?

Cool.

I hate this team. I hate this owner.

I hate how loyal I am. It's bullshit.

5. BroadwayAaron

MLF displayed extremely alarming signs in year 2. There's 0 reason to believe he would have gotten any better even with a healthy offense. His flow for the game was pure shit, borderline got worse. Decision making, horrendous. I mean, preferring Berrios in the slot over Moore because Berrios is a good punt returner and they think they can get him the ball in situations that mimics a punt return?! Jesus Christ. How you could have ANY faith in MLF is beyond me. I'm aware the pool of candidates stinks, I whole-heartedly agree. Our next OC may be just as bad but there is no way in hell you could keep that guy around and pretend you're serious about winning.

KY Jets Fan, Br4d, Nyjets4eva and 3 others like this.
  6. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Just hearing Hackett's name reminds me of Gase As soon as the Jets made it known that they were interviewing Gase for their head coach, I knew that was who they were going to hire because it was the absolute worst possible decision. I'm getting the same feeling from Hackett. Hell, the only time Wilson played well and the Broncos put up points was after he was fired.

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

So.... If a OC candidate sucks, the Jets will consider him..

Jets79 likes this.
  8. IIMeanDeanII

He was a good coach to me. I watched A LOT of the games back, I seen the opportunities that were constantly there. I seen how open people were getting. I seen enough. I seen this offense and the efficiency with It before all the injuries. I seen an offense with room for growth going Into year 3.

These are all arguments as a fan, not arguments based on knowledge of what was going on behind closed doors. Everything Is done for a reason, no way you know the reasons for why they used certain players over others. You act like Moore was consistent and was lighting It up. The dude fucked up many times last season, under a reduced role. I'm tired of hearing this non sense.

It's not hard. I'm no dramatic about my outlook on what It was. I knew why It all fell apart and I KNOW It wasn't because of one man.

I also knew firing him at this juncture was stupid because of this very situation. You now take an offense away from the "CEO" HC that he was familiar with, you take away a guy who ran the offense, who the HC was extremely familiar with, and then do It In a make or break year? With no good QB option currently on this roster? With a 1 year mandate to make the playoffs? It was asinine.

..and don't give me this, there's no reason to believe It would've got better bullshit, there was plenty of reason to believe that. Especially If you actually rewatched this offense, not just live games. Especially when you consider we would've gotten a lot of our players back from injury. It's actually the opposite for me, It's dumb to think there would've been no improvement or not enough. I see plenty of reasons to believe otherwise.

..but by firing that one person, we are headed for the circus, and the end of this CS and FO.

It was a dumb move to fire him. IMO

I have plenty of reasons on why I feel that way, I know why I feel that way, I've stated why I feel that way.

You're opinion doesn't outweigh mine and vice versa.

So far, It looks like my concerns are valid and coming to fruition.

We shall see though. Can't wait to be wrong, everyone always tells me how wrong I am, can't wait.

The defense can completely turn It around In one year under this regime but the offense?????????????????? NO FUCKING WAY????? RIGHT?????

Ridiculous.

9. BroadwayAaron

Obviously it’s a report and not a coach flat out saying it but I’m not just making it up:

KY Jets Fan and dawinner127 like this.
  10. IIMeanDeanII

This doesn't prove anything and It's only one portion of my argument.

Bart Scott. Love him.

He's not an offensive guru by any imagination and he's not behind closed doors.

I don't even completely disagree but It wasn't enough to fire him. IMO

I just think they had their reasons. Just like they had their reasons for benching, Mims. We as fans don't need to understand It all, we just need It to work. Last year, the offense didn't work, I get that.

Doesn't mean firing MLF was the smart play though. There were many contributing factors to why that offense sucked, specifically at the end of the year.

...and It certainly wasn't just because of MLF. It's just a lazy way to view It. IMO

Now, we get to reap the benefit of consequence. Only, I'm stuck In this garbage because of knee jerk reacting NYJ fans and an Owner that doesn't know how to sit back and just write fucking checks.

11. BroadwayAaron

Well your whole premise is that I’m speculating and I’m showing you I’m not.

either way it hardly matters. MLF was awful. Certainly not the only problem but arguably the biggest problem. Almost every player regressing, spending money on TEs and not using them, 0 creativity at any point in time especially when the offense can’t find ways to pick up even a yard. He was horrendous. Bad working conditions but he did nothing to improve them.

12. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Scripted plays to Berrios in the redzone lol

joe likes this.
  13. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

We have no shot at Leftwich, right?

14. IIMeanDeanII

What players regressed? lmao

The players that were bad, were just bad. IE: Zach Wilson

It's hard to use the TE's properly when our OL was dog shit. We had to use extra blockers a lot of the year to make up for our deficiency along that OL. Also, Conklin had damn near 600yds receiving. That's not terrible. Okay though.

I seen plenty of creative plays from MLF. That's not true.

MLF Is a good coach. IMO

I have a feeling we are about to see horrendous. Carry on though.

15. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

If your a OC candidate, what is worse:
    1) Pleasing the front office by telling them you can salvage Zach, then your career is tied to him if you get the job.
    2) Telling the FO Zach is not an NFL QB, making them look bad with Woody. You dont get the job.

Maybe its an opportunity you just pass up...

16. IIMeanDeanII

Any smart OC would pass then If that Is the prerequisite, there Is no salvaging Zach Wilson In one offseason.

17. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Just hire someone anyone literally anyone can be better at the job than MLF was that’s not a joke either

18. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

No matter who the replacement is, the fanbase will bitch about him for some reason before October 1.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  19. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I had a hard time believing good candidates would want anything to do with an unstable coaching/front office situation and JaMarcus Rosen at QB. And I think I was right.

20. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Those are not the options though. I am sure Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh would love for Zach to work out as QB1, but they certainly can't bank on that.

It does bring up a good question: What are the interviews like? With so much uncertainty at QB, it is hard to even know how the offense will look in 2023.

I am sure they discuss utilizing Garrett Wilson and Breece Hall. The kind of O-line system they want. How they can help Zach (but no way guaranteeing they can).

I don't think that though. It is a solid situation as far as pieces go and having a solid defense goes. Just because Bevill did not want to come here, doesn't mean other coaches won't.

My worry is Robert Saleh doesn't really care about quality coaches. He just wants to hire his buddies.

KY Jets Fan and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.