2023 Jets QB

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by blackssmagic, Jan 8, 2023.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Listening to Aaron Rodgers talk today, it sounds like the Jets are a perfect situation for him. He wants to play for a Win-Now team. He doesn't have a No-Trade clause, so the Packers would likely want to send him to the AFC. The Jets have stability at Head Coach and their defense is great. Other options that would make sense are the Colts, Dolphins, Titans, and, of course, reuniting with his best pal Davante Adams with the Raiders.

Total speculation from me, but it sounds like he still wants to play, but it likely won't be in Green Bay.

2. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I believe @Br4d laid out the contract details that makes him basically untradable.

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I haven't seen that, but there is always a way. The Packers need to see what they have in Jordan Love. They aren't really a Super Bowl roster right now. It makes the most sense to trade Rodgers.

4. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

You are not wrong.
    The FO is desperate now and is about to act accordingly.
    And the options are not particularly intriguing.

That’s where we are at.

NYJetsO12, Since1969 and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  5. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

fuck immunized rogders

Snatch Catch likes this.
  6. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

not true. defense has holes at safety and Lb, as well as DT , excluding williams.
    OL needs at least 3 draft picks . plus, rodgers is a diva who is a major headache on and off the field.
    team should be keeping, stockpiling picks, not wasting them and cap $ on another team's headache.

Nyjets4eva and Losmeister like this.
  7. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

AT 7-3 boobs hereon claimed our D was CHAMPIONSHIP CALIBER..."super bowl run possible!" KoolAid salesman's wet dream

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

#4 ranking defense gets you close with a quarterback.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  9. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Career 64% passer, never below 60% since his rookie year. Certainly not an elite passer - but maybe try watching him before commenting?

10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Technical works for me; literal is even better. You can have your own definition of cold but that doesn't mean anyone needs to agree with it. But at least admit there is no consistency between your making an issue of the cold for someone else and saying you don't care what temperature it is.

11. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

12. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

I know I am in the minority on this one, but I like Andy Dalton as a possible option here. He is a solid QB, with a career TD-INT ratio of 1.7 - 1, including a 2-1 ratio with an average Saints team.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DaltAn00.htm

He is a veteran, who I think could take advantage of the offensive talent the Jets would surround him with. And, he could be a relatively cheaper option. He made just 3M last year and is projected to get a 6.8M contract next year:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/quarterback/?ref=trending-pages

A three year deal with Dalton can work while looking to draft that next young QB.

cval likes this.
  13. bicketybam

If you are looking the pure definition of average, then Andy is your man. For me, he would an absolute last resort.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  14. HackettSuxTNG

The Numbers over the past few years would support your point of view, but I wonder: are those numbers a result of being surrounded by average talent? Look at the numbers he generated in some of his years with the Bengals as a contrast.

15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

LOL

16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Ha well we can’t get Allen or Mahomes so option Mr Carr please

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  17. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

The move here is bringing in Carr. He will keep the Jets competent at the position and won't cost too much draft capital to get him. We're in a shit situation because of missing badly on Zach Wilson, and there is no perfect option. I think we are better off moving up to get a quarterback AFTER the team has been built well enough to support a young guy AND when the draft board is right. There is no telling exactly when the board will fall your way or how long that may take, so bringing in Carr makes the most sense.

Carr is young enough to be able to hold the fort until they are ready to trade up and draft a new potential stud, AND he is good enough to get the Jets in the playoffs and make a run. His contract won't be anywhere near as attractive as a guy on his rookie deal, but that's the price you pay for whiffing on the #2 pick.

18. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

If he's released, my top choice is absolutely Carr. He's coming off a down year, but there aren't too many better options out there. I dont have the numbers off the top of my head, but 24TDs to 14INTs has to be among the better Jets seasons. Not to mention, Josh McDaniels seems to be a pretty bad head coach, which could have played a role in his "down" year.

He'll give the Jets a solid three years, and allow them to have a developmental rookie on the bench for three years.

I've always thought Carr/White/3rd-4th rounder should be the QB room going into 2023.

AtlantaJet and KY Jets Fan like this.
  19. HackettSuxTNG

You really think Carr is THAT much of a better "Bang for your buck" than Dalton? Look at this gross contract he has:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/las-veg..., Carr will earn,dead cap value of $5,625,000.

20. bicketybam