2023 Jets QB

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by blackssmagic, Jan 8, 2023.

1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

2. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

This.

His numbers In cold weather games are putrid. Yet, everyone thinks bringing him here, to a cold weather team, will take us to the promised land. I just don't see It.

3. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Well I know you wanted to keep MLF. You apparently don't like Carr. Would you run White out there next year?

4. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

I hope they can bring in an OC that can make magic with Zach over the summer, because I hate the other options available. Carr isn’t too bad, but they won’t get Lamar, and signing him long term is a killer.
    Best options are Brady or Rodgers, and draft a QB or rehab Zach behind them for a year.

5. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Sample size is quite small and is explained by someone who does not ever practice or play in these type of conditions would struggle when suddenly (less than once a year) in unfamiliar environment. If he is a Jet, he would practice in that weather all the time and often play. I think an overall data set would be more telling than very limited cold weather sample size.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. heartpumpsgreen

heartpumpsgreen Active Member

I wish Derek Carr would be a good answer but there are lots and lots of concerns with him.
    A. His record as a starting QB is 63-79. (Ouch!)
    B. 9 FULL seasons as a starting QB, 1 playoff game. 0-1. (A game he had opportunities to win)
    Can't be a legit top tier QB in this league and go to the playoffs once in 9 seasons! No excuses.
    C. 86.3 QBR last year and 60% completion rate (neither are close to cutting it in today's NFL) with elite offensive weapons. Both Josh Jacob's and D Adam's First team all pro. Throw in Waller and Renfrew etc ... he's had weapons.

Not buying the Carr hype Train sorry. Ultimately he MIGHT be the best option for this team next year. I think he's better than Jimmy G, and more reliable/available for sure. But should the Jets give up prime draft picks for him AND sign him to a massive multi year contract? Hard pass for me. But if they go that way, gotta sign a competent back up and again draft a possible future QB rounds 3-5.

Snatch Catch and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  7. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I am not so much worried about his lack of winning, because he had bad defenses all the time and we just saw Stafford win SB after losing in Detroit all his career. But the concern about last year being down year is real. That last game he played as a Raider was pretty brutal. And he does have some great weapons. Then Statham goes out and actually plays well with these same guys. Yeah, that's not ideal. But if it were ideal, he would not be available. We won't have to give up prime picks for him, and I highly doubt more than 2 years guaranteed at 25-30 per, but that remains to be seen. It will probably be something like a 3 year around 100 mils deal, with 50-60 guaranteed.

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think that’s overblown. How many games has he even played below 40? And every single one of them were road games for his team

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  9. Johnnypump

Johnnypump Member

I know many people are not excited over Carr. However, the reality is if we do get Carr he clearly is the best QB on our roster and absolutely makes our team better. In regards to Jones, I love him. He has a tremendous coach and he will get better in that scheme. Jones is going no where. He will be a Giant next year. He just assured himself a big payday. We will never be successful with Saleh. You need an offensive minded head coach to win in this league.

10. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Lamar didn’t travel with the team for the game.

My intuition was that if Lamar doesn’t play in the playoffs for the Ravens, they will dump him. If the Ravens win and Lamar still doesn’t play…this will get really interesting.

BacktoQueens and BrowningNagle like this.
  11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

bring him in, what a great fit he would be

Snatch Catch and BacktoQueens like this.
  12. IIMeanDeanII

I like Carr the best out of the top 3 that are being circulated with this team right now. Jackson, JimmyG, Carr.

I'm also just trying to play devil's advocate and stay connected to the overall picture.

I feel cold weather Is a real concern for Carr and we obviously play a lot of cold weather games. I also don't think he would be the future of this team, the money concerns me, etc..

No. I don't believe Mike White Is the answer at this point.

The draft doesn't look promising this year at QB either.

So...

It's just a shit situation for me I guess. Idk

I would take Carr who I view In the same vein as a Ryan Fitzpatrick or Josh McCown.

It doesn't excite me though either.

Hope that answers things.

13. IIMeanDeanII

Yeah. I figured there would be the obvious excuses for the shite play.

Good to see. I mean know.

14. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Im certainly not sky high on Carr but come on. This is flat out disrespectful.

(I’d also take him over Lamar and Jimmy as well)

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  15. IIMeanDeanII

How Is It disrespectful? lol

16. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Fitzpatrick and McCown were career journeymen. Fitz was 33-55 as a starter in the 9 years before he came to NY. McCown was 13-20 in his first 9 years with more picks than TDs. He was 18-42 before he got to the Jets.

McCown especially is a horrible comparison. Fitz… MAYBE. But Carr is just a lot better than both and their situations don’t resemble each others at all.

17. IIMeanDeanII

A lot better? They literally have similar stats and I view them In the same light because they are all just above average QBs. Good enough to play as a starter, not good enough to be elite, not good enough to be a top QB In the league.

They don't have to be exact statistically, although they are similar. I certainly didn't mean It as a disrespectful thing, I simply don't find any of them as the answer for our QB situation but better than what we've had.

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

On a down year (for him) Carr still ranked 14th this season.

He may not be perfect... but he'd be the best QB we've had since Farve.
    And he'd be a lot more effective than Farve was for us.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  19. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Yeah Carr is getting shit on now with Fitz mcGown comparison that’s just ridiculous he’s a level above that for sure but still not elite that’s clear

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  20. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

Please read the raider thread I shared. Not a single poster wants him back. He’s going to be a flop here. I’d rather go Garropolo