Said during the Bears game that the defense didn't play well

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JETFUEL1580, Jan 1, 2023.

1. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Great defenses create turnovers

2. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Agree on some here saying that the defense is solid, good, better than avg but still few ways to go from being elite. I think the defense can improve when offense is more efficient to not only score more points or often but eat up some time.

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

The defense has been good but the weaknesses were exploited.

quick and fast RB’s who can catch out the backfield
    And legit any athletic TE’s just torch the defense. Teams avoided the outside because the CB’s were elite. And for the most part, the front 4 has been solid.

the LB’s just don’t have the coverage abilities to keep up with opposing TE’s and RB’s. CJ Just doesn’t have the foot speed to cover…Kwon and Quincy are more run stopping LB’s but are liabilities in coverage. Jets got to upgrade OLB and FS to sure up those holes.

4. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

nntheyy STINK (mike francesa voice)

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  5. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

UUUUUHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Saleh is in ova his head. Is Parcells available? I have a personal relationship, but that's besides the point, What? Huh?

6. JETFUEL1580

Where are the stats saying why myself and apparently a few others were worried about the defense a little more then a month ago? Boy shit does change quickly huh.

7. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Defense was overrated but still our best unit by far. Couldn't get off the field when we really needed it. Special teams and offense sucked this year and couldn't complement when our defense was humming along. So in a way it makes the defense even more impressive.

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  8. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

I stated several weeks ago this is a defense that is 10-15 ranking. Mostly because of undisciplined penalties as well as not stopping anyone on third down. They cannot cover a TE to save their season literally.

9. JETFUEL1580

Absolutely agreed with everything said here.

10. red75bronco

Playoff defenses don’t give up TDs from mid field on 4th and inches and especially don’t give up 96 yard, 16 play, 8 first down drives for TDs. Good Defenses do not give up over 8 play drives. I bet Jets are bottom half in giving up 10 play plus drives.

11. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

As good as our defense is, I feel like we can never get a big stop on third down. Forget 4th and short.

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  12. JETFUEL1580

Man I just wanted one or two game changing defensive plays from this unit in those close games, and we had a few on them. Just a pick 6, fumble safety, fumble recovery for TD. We could have used one or two from our best squad cause the offense, especially with Hall down was trash. Great or respectable defenses do that. It's not all about stops especially when you know this offense is inept. That's my point. Absolutely nothing in that department for a supposed top ten defense. Calling out the stat geeks for kicks honestly. Same result, we're not in the playoffs.

Jedi mind tricks likes this.
  13. JETFUEL1580

Oh you definitely won't have any disagreements from me bro.

14. JETFUEL1580

Yep

15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

you are asking too much

the Detroit game, the defense gave up 1 touchdown all day. You are at home in a big game; the defense gives up 1 touchdown, that should be a win

Jacksonville game they did generate a turnover, they gave the offense the ball at like the 10 yard line. So they held the opponent under 20 points AND gave free points to the offense.

and today, while they had their toughest outing in weeks, it was still only 20-6 most of the game. You are on the road, sometimes you gotta win 27-23. The defense shouldn’t be asked to hold opponents AND score points for the offense

HomeoftheJets and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Today was a bad day for the defense. Its performance relative to what a normal NFL defense does was the equivalent of a "Zach is a franchise QB!" game.

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  17. JETFUEL1580

You know what perhaps it's emotions obviously getting the better of me. Again, I know this offense stinks to high heaven. Complete waste of a season cause of that core, and coaching. But you can even admit against the freaking Pats in our second game we couldn't get one big game changing play which would have still kept us in it. Vikings are a very good team, and our offense was stagnant, but our defense with a new QB couldn't make the big plays when necessary. It's not all on them, but come on, where are the turnovers? I'm just saying those close games we just needed one or two plays to change the outcome. Great/Very good defenses do that. We literally had none from our secondary and pass rush overall,

18. red75bronco

How about if we just ask this: don’t have a roughing the passer on a pick 6, don’t allow 12 plus play drives, and don’t allow a 4th and inches at the 50 become a TD that wins the game. Is that too much? That would have us in the playoffs today.

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  19. JETFUEL1580

I can't disagree with that. Certainly it would have helped in retrospect. Whatever, what's done is done and we didn't make the plays on either side to keep us it. Don't deserve to be in the mix plain and simple.

20. JETFUEL1580

Absolutely agreed