Who is getting fired on this staff?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Jan 1, 2023.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Unless we win next week, 2019 will be Douglas's best record. So if we throw it out, that makes him look worse.

Jets69, JohnnyP123456, Cman68 and 2 others like this.
  2. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

Sure but that’s also completely ignoring the context of blowing the team up and rebuilding.

3. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

If hiring Matt Rhule to be the new Kotite results in a Parcells-type being brought in the next season to finally fix this mess, then sign me up.

4. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

MLF should be, but if he isn't I think Saleh is putting himself on the hot seat for his friend.

5. HomeoftheJets

What do we have to show for it though? We're still a losing team with no QB. He had a great draft this year, but before that he had two drafts that were Idzik-level bad. And unless you can tell me specifically how he's improved at drafting and why that improvement is likely to continue going forward, the odds are his next draft will look more like 2020/2021 than 2022.

Cman68 and ConcordeChops like this.
  6. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

At the very least, a veteran offensive guy needs brought in to smack MLF upside the head nd actually develop a QB.

7. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Make no mistake about it. This was the beginning of the end for Saleh. Douglas should seriously consider making a change, but I doubt that he will. Saleh is just a rah-rah guy who talks a good game but can't back it up. All gas; no brake, my ass. More like, all talk; no action.

The team came out completely flat, and that's on Saleh. The Jets had no answers for anything Seattle did on offense or defense, and that's on Saleh (and his staff). Did anyone see the Jets make any in-game adjustments? Neither did I, and that's on Saleh (and his staff).

Nyjets4eva, Jojo, burf and 3 others like this.
  8. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

2021 got us AVT, both Carter’s and Echols. Granted the latter 3 aren’t stars but they’re decent depth pieces. Obviously missing on Zach hurt big time. 2020 I’ll take to my grave that was Gase.

9. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

Haven't made the playoffs in 12 yrs. Go overpay for a a Payton. Go overpay for a Harbaugh. Give them what they want and let them construct the team however they want. I mean there are better NFL jobs but hey at least shake the tree.

10. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

No #1 QB and a decimated OL, I'm not so sure it's the OC's fault.

blackssmagic likes this.
  11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Here's my take ...JD is the better of many poor GMs

He did the hiring ..he should do the firing ..1969 s Post is spot on the CS is responsible for NONCOMPETIVE game today...notice I didn't say a Win but for 5 games this team is not 100%....are we going back to Gase like performances ..????smh

The Giants were nothing special this year but perhaps had a better stable QB in place ...BUT the big difference is their HC !!!!....I am no expert ..the GM should be!!!...he misssed on Brian Daboll and got us Mr Personality Saleh
    Who doesn't know when to make a QB change until it's too late among other things...he is learning the ropes meh

12. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

Zach being terrible and MW getting injured crippled this team. Breece getting injured was a blow, but at least it became obvious that ZW wasn’t the guy.

BrooklynJetsFan and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  13. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Still in the rebuilding mode, keep the staff for another year. Youngsters minus ZW, have pretty much prosper under Saleh. Maybe not in terms of Wins or Playoffs everyone wanted but the key is building a foundation. With another draft picks that features lot of defense options, let them groom under Saleh for another year.

Jets1035 likes this.
  14. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

I know that some people will say we beat expectations this year, but I see it differently. We lost to some teams that we were clearly better than. That's coaching.
    This team is ridiculously undisciplined. Errors in judgement by players and coaches every game, no identity on offense except for "Air LaFleur". That's coaching.
    Shall I continue? This team is bad. Meanwhile, Daboll took a team with less talent, no receivers, and freaking Daniel Jones at QB to the playoffs.

15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It’s tough because this isn’t a 6-7 year head coach where something clearly needs to change. You force the head coach to start offing coordinators and you may as well just fire him too.

16. burf

burf Well-Known Member

It seems the delusions continue. Zach this & Zach that.
    While the Jets need organizational stability, the Team as a whole fell apart since the bye. The offense WAS Breece & AVT... since their injuries, your beloved OC did nothing to adjust. Every week, the same old thing, with no adjustments. He should go, as well as their supposed QB coach. Special teams made so many mistakes, over the 2nd-half of the season... Mann has to go, as well as Berrios. Boyer's done pretty well in the past, so I'm on the fence with him. The D... the whole season have been weak against the run, & passes up the middle... with no adjustments. The only thing I'll say about the D, it's been able to hold teams to FGs well... far from elite.
    I'd like stability, but I'm torn on Saleh... he's good with PR, & slogans. But has few answers, even with the D.
    All the coaches seem to be married to their schemes, no matter what the talent is. They make few adjustments ever. Just keep doing the same old thing, which opposing coaches have grown wise to, and now exploit.
    With no adjustments by the CS.
    All in all, I wouldn't be unhappy if JD was able to bring in an experienced CS, to develop the young talent, & scheme to the talents of the players. I don't see this team, with all the talent, do much of anything with this CS, which seems stubborn, & unable to adjust to their talent, or the opposition.

But of course, it's Zach's fault; Mike White is great; & the CS is wonderful & should be retained.
    Man, I wish JD would've listened to me ;) ... I wanted Daboll, long on substance, short on hot air...

17. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone gets fired. It's do or die at this point.

The tricky part Is the timing.

If It's possible to get a Payton or Harbaugh this off-season they have to consider the window may not be there after this off-season for a legit HC candidate of their caliber.

If the Johnson's get this wrong, they may lose their shot at a legit HC coming In here.

I still believe In this staff but I'm now scared of another fucking rebuild scenario where we don't have the right guy as HC. Once again.

I don't know If I can take another rebuild, fire everyone, start over, just to rinse and repeat the SOJ lifestyle.

This one hurts.

18. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone goes but I'm okay with the entire thing being canned. 7-4 the expectations change, I'm sorry.

I can't see Saleh firing his BFF's younger brother. Won't happen.

19. HomeoftheJets

AVT is hurt, and the other guys are mediocre. Regardless, Zach was more important than the rest of the draft combined, and he's been the worst bust in Jets history. Also, how could Gase have been responsible when he got fired months before Douglas picked Zach?

Unless you're saying Gase is responsible for us not losing out and getting Trevor? If so, again that's Douglas's responsibility to ensure we tank properly because Gase knew he was getting fired and therefore had no incentive to lose. Douglas could have gotten Gase fired, promoted Boyer to interim HC, and told him to play Luke Falk over Darnold. But he didn't.

Jets69 and JohnnyP123456 like this.
  20. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone SHOULD be fired this year -- the expectations I would assume were to be competitive for the playoffs, which we were.

the way things completely blew up might change things -- but I think it was also beneficial for us (now positive that ZW is not the answer).

If i were to pick one on the staff to go, I'd probably go with JD as you can't completely Wiff on a #2 overall QB pick within 2 seasons of making it & knowing he's not the guy.

MoWilkBeast and HomeoftheJets like this.