Poll/Christmas Wish List: Who Should Our QB Be Next Year?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 24, 2022.

?

All I want for Christmas is:

1. Mike White

51.5%
  2. Zach Wilson

3.0%
  3. Jimmy Garoppolo

9.1%
  4. Gardner Minshew

12.1%
  5. Jacoby Brissett

2.0%
  6. Derek Carr

14.1%
  7. Aaron Rodgers

15.2%
  8. Tom Brady

2.0%
  9. Lamar Jackson

9.1%
  10. Other

14.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'd settle for a QB who is taller than 6'-3", heavier than 220lbs, played in a competitive conference and a high football IQ.

Brook! likes this.
  2. UK_Chilts

UK_Chilts Well-Known Member

I've yet to decide if it's that we fail to identify talent correctly or are unable to improve the QB's we pick or a combination of both. I've just had a look and the only current starting QB's that we could not have drafted (based on position) are Joe Burrow, Baker Mayfield, Matt Ryan, Jared Goff and Trevor Lawrence. So we have effectively whiffed on everyone else. I'm watching the Packers now and they have had two starting QBs over the last 30 years whilst we've had a succession of failure. Of those QB's the Jets have drafted in that period only Chad has been competent or better. A couple, Geno and Sam, are improving by being elsewhere. Given there have been loads of coaching inputs over that time it's tough to identify a common denominator.

Brook! likes this.
  3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The mystery Vet Douglas signs will finally be a part of a true QB competition ...Mike White has rapport with players and behind a good OL there will be plenty of wins

But we are stuck with Z Wilson and he's not playing in Fall 2023 thank God

4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Common denominator? How many offensive minded coaches have we had over that time? Just 1 "genius". There's your CD.

5. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Doubtful this QB wish list is of any use, since the Jets historically have been uncannily adept at providing the polar opposite of what their fans wish for, no matter how low the expectations. A quarterback who does not need a rocking chair, can read a defense, can call an audible, can step up in the pocket without getting swallowed whole and can hit the side of a barn would be a start.

Oh wait, the Jets already have a QB on the roster who can do all of the aforementioned. It's just too bad he was buried in the depth chart below an overgrown pee wee leaguer and an outdated old timer to start the season. Remains to be seen if the same people responsible for this latest Jet blunder are able to get it right by taking a much needed mulligan. Fore!

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Is Minshew even any better than Mike White?

serious question

awesome Stache’ though

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  7. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

I said it earlier. Mike White has a better arm then Gardner. Sorry that's what my eyes tell me.

8. BrowningNagle

I don’t think anyone has brought him up yet

Jordan Love

pack are pretty stuck with Rodgers, and the kid ain’t gonna sit forever. Plus you think maybe LaFleur will help his brother out with a trade?

something to dream about on these cold winter nights

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Carr is probably the most expensive option out there in terms of what we would have to give up.

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

If our defense continues to improve and if Breece comes back at strength... we don't need a superstar under center.

Mike White ... Derek Carr.... Minshew... even Brissett....
    Any of these players would be a vast improvement over the play we got from Zach & Flacco...

Brook! likes this.
  11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Raiders will have a quick decision to make on Derek Carr

The up-and-down year for the Raiders will force the team to make a quick decision for 2023.
    Is quarterback Derek Carr in or out?

Saturday night’s three-interception performance has once again renewed questions as to whether he should remain with the team. And, as explained at the time his latest contract was completed, the Raiders have a way to get out from under the bulk of the deal.

But if they’re going to do it, they’ll need to act quickly.

Hyped by the quid-pro-quo crowd as a firm, $40.5 million deal, the truth was and is that Carr received $24.9 million in 2022, with no full guarantees beyond the current season.

Carr has a $32.9 million salary for 2023, which was guaranteed for injury at the time of signing. It, along with $7.5 million in 2024 salary currently guaranteed for injury, becomes fully guaranteed on the third day of the 2023 waiver period.

The waiver period begins after the Super Bowl. If the Raiders are going to cut Carr — and escape that $40.4 million liability — they’ll have a narrow window in which to act.

There are two important caveats. First, Carr can’t be traded before the guarantee vests. An informal trade could be worked out (like the Alex Smith deal in early 2018), but the guarantees would vest and, if the deal fell through, the Raiders would be stuck.

Second, Carr has to be able to pass a physical before the third day of the waiver period. That could tempt the Raiders to put him in bubble wrap if/when they are eliminated. (If the Dolphins win today and the Chargers win tomorrow, it’s over for the Raiders.)

If that happens — if it’s announced that Carr won’t be playing for the rest of the season — it will be a clear signal as to what’s coming. Which would be Carr likely going, after nine years with the Raiders.

12. UK_Chilts

UK_Chilts Well-Known Member

Love is always the answer ;)

ouchy and BrowningNagle like this.
  13. BrowningNagle

I think the Raiders will end up bringing Carr back. They lost some ridiculous games and have started playing much better. Carr would love to be back as well to play with Adams. When both sides are keen on making it work it usually does, but we will see

14. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Minshew + Mike White + Developmental Day 2 pick that should never sniff the field year 1.

Sign me the f up. This team has 10-11 wins with Minshew.

15. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Is he any good BN? I know you watched him in college.

16. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

Don't flame my comment....what about Baker Mayfield and his fine ass wife

17. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Don’t really think any of these guys are the long term final answer, but any of White, Minshew, Brisset, Baker, Jimmy G…any of these guys would be WORLDS better than the shit we’ve been getting from Wilson for two years

18. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

For real?

[​IMG]

19. BrowningNagle

Idk, he certainly has looked pretty good in limited time. I didn't watch him that much in college, if the Jets were to acquire him though I'd be excited because LaFleur ain't gonna give his brother & his best friend some bum

20. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Which is precisely why he is NOT an option at this time. After JD just blew it with Zach, there is 0 chance next QB will be unknown guy who looked pretty good in limited time.