Greatest need

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jessedark, Dec 23, 2022.

1. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

Everything.

2. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

We got both the offensive and defensive rookie of the year.

The last draft is the least of our problems.

UK_Chilts and NYJetsO12 like this.
  3. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Competent QB is number one need…whether it’s Mike White or Minshew or someone else but this team is a fringe playoff team with even just league average QB play, and a division contender if we’d have top ten QB play

all that being said, OL is top priority, and that’s on JD. He has preached the trenches for three years now and we’re still here with subpar play. Injuries are part of it for sure but it was painfully clear that we shouldn’t rely on Becton even before the draft and dude didn’t even make it out of fucking training camp. We need two starting tackles unless we want to keep Herbig at guard and play AVT at RT, which I’d be fine with. But we need a real answer at LT and LG because Tomlinson has not been good at all. That’s a pay cut candidate for sure.

but we need OL help

agree on the need for a true edge rusher…been saying that for a while…we have a few “good” guys but we don’t have a difference maker and that’s what the D needs to really be elite. It’s possible Lawson comes back stronger next year…tough for an explosive player to come back from Achilles in one year….usually takes two years

Breece will be back but also likely to not be fully back until year two (see Saquon Barkley) as ACLs also seem to be back year one but not all the way back until year two

NYJetsO12 and James Hasty like this.
  4. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

those guys were first round picks.....
    there were later rounds to address the other positions. they did draft a tackle in the 4th.

James Hasty likes this.
  5. GeshJet

GeshJet Active Member

Biggest need by far is QB. I like Mike White but giving him the job is pretty risky. I don't think management knows the QB plan for next year yet.

After QB, OLine needs to be handled with both quality and depth.

Far beneath QB & OLine is safety, linebacker & punter.

6. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

The biggest need is QB but we need an at least decent OL to develop him. So we gotta use high picks on OL.

And we will are still seeking that game changing edge rusher.

JETFUEL1580 and Jets79 like this.
  7. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

1. QB
    2. LT, I’d like to say Becton is the guy but he is injury prone.
    3. RT. Fant and Max Mitchell. Are we positive Mitchell is the guy? Again, another injury.
    4. Elite Edge Rusher. Lawson stinks. JJ looked good but clear he needs another year. Idk how we can get one.

5.Center. McGovern is very average.
    6LG. I think they stick with Tomlinson but he has looked awful. He’s average avg starter making way too much but unlike McGovern, we know Tomlinson has the potential. Maybe y2 is better.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Nothing is going to fix anything in Jet-land for long when the foundation is rotten.

Even if the Jets somehow found success for a year or two they'd wind up submerged again very quickly because the organization has zero clues about how to build for long-term success. It's all cotton candy pie in the sky action all the time.

9. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

They have been too high on themselves. Mosley penalty against Buffalo, early stupid penalties, lack of discipline in coverage. Great dline, great corners Mosley is undisciplined and doesn’t seem to be a big leader holding people accountable. I feel like the defense has drank their own koolaid and then kid an egg last night. This doesn’t happen with good locker room leadership.

10. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

100%. Offense will never be consistent scoring without this.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

New owner

12. Not Sure

Not Sure Active Member

Y'all were looking pretty solid til the injuries.

13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I'm not sure as well...

14. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Offensive line. We're going to need a left tackle, as Becton is a bust, just like Wilson. Then, there's also a need at guard.

NY Jets68 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Do they have an upgraded version of the whizzinator or is the 4000 still the standard which all whizzinators are to be judged?

16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Funeral togs.

17. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

Greatest need is obv. some clarity at QB but that'll be addressed by either signing up MFW or in FA.

In the draft I'd be looking at reinforcing the OL or maybe taking a LB in the first if its a guy you're sold on.

18. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Can the foundation change under JD?

In your opinion, can anything other than an ownership change fix the foundation?

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I don't like JD to be honest. I think he's a flashy trader who overlooks the essentials and while that can produce interesting results over the short term it is going to drag the franchise back into the muck in the long term.

The OL being a rolling disaster by mid-season for the third year in a row in which he has had full control is the best example I can give of what not paying attention to the essentials causes. You can point at the fact that the Jets have had injuries as a main cause but his big free agent signing on the line Laken Tomlinson has been a huge issue also.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

So you don’t think JD has won over most of his trades he’s made? Or just don’t like the guys he has traded for? I think value wise he always gets good stuff some just haven’t worked out