OK, I'm done with Wilson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ColoradoContrails, Dec 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I truly think we need to move on from this narrative when we see the offense playing at another level with all our backups, just not our starter. It's not really a fair assessment at all. Doesn't make sense. It's just feels deflective of the already obvious issue.

Even If they were the world's greatest coaches at the position.. Do you really think that they could make you are I a starting NFL QB In 22 games or whatever?

Sometimes.. It just means, the kid sucks.

My point. If everyone could play QB at a high level, they would. It's not the way It works though.

MoWilkBeast, Borat and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  2. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Who is that ?

3. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Not only that...how about Sam Darnold throwing to Garrett Wilson AND Ja'Marr Chase ?

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  4. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

its stuff like this that is just undeniable

someone else posted Zach’s numbers against Josh Rosen and they were the same

stats don’t lie

I still can’t really get past Cval suggesting we pull out the throwaways and recompute completion rate which is like the worst logic ever, but over a short span, say a game or even a few games sure the stats can be misleading. But not over a large enough sample size.

I’ve not seen any of the so-called eye test improvements that some were touting, but it’s just undeniable

Zach has played just as shitty as some of the biggest QB busts to date…it’s not pretty

forget franchise QB…he isn’t even a backupQB

Nyjets4eva and tomdeb like this.
  5. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

to be an all time bust the pre draft hype has to be almost universally aligned as a can't miss.

Not the case with Zach. Nor David Carr et cet.

6. Losmeister

Sam is a bigger bust cos we gave up a 1st rnd 6 and 3 second rounders

7. Losmeister

mandarich

8. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

That's a good point but if we traded down we wouldn't have gotten Chase. And we forget, but the fans were as done with Darnold as we are with Zach now.

Or we could have taken Chase at 2, or Pitts, who was the hot take at the time, and been better off.

9. Losmeister

Never an all time bust cos no one thoughtlawrence or Zach and actually thought it was a coin flip like leaf manning.

Not a defense of Zach. Just NFL history.

10. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

We gave up a ton of picks in opportunity cost by taking Zach instead of the 49ers trade offer.

Br4d, Pepsiguy5 and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
  11. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

ZW is all-time bust. We would be setup for the next decade with the haul we could have gotten for him.

Br4d and papapump like this.
  12. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

I completely agree with Zach being total trash. I said I don't get the impression, but obviously I could be wrong. Let me attempt to clarify my original point. I've always preferred a potential franchise QB who is young to be with an offensive minded coach. Perhaps it's unfair to say that Saleh and MLF don't have the ability to develop one, but we have seen this story play out multiple times with this team, outside of Gase who is a weirdo and has Peyton Manning to thank for his career. I think this franchise has gone the route of defensive minded coaches and paired them up with whatever young QB we have drafted over the last 20 years or so, and the results haven't been great. Zach obviously stinks and we know that now, but I just don't have faith that the Jets have figured out how to bring a young QB along properly.

Saleh would be better suited for let's say how Mike Tomlin and Big Ben came together, Ben was still young but had a great amount of experience and success, and Tomlin could just let him play his game instead of trying to develop him into a potential franchise guy.

13. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Yes, this makes a lot more sense and Is far more reasonable than the way I originally perceived this.

Ahhh, this one Is tough. For me, I give the benefit of the doubt, I see the success of the other QBs with far less physical talents, I see the scheme work. I was already very against drafting Zach out of BYU to begin with. So, that's where we differ I think. Yeah, that makes sense. I've just always viewed Zach Wilson as a bad NFL QB prospect from everything I watched In college and then the overall variables that came with that.

Thanks for clarifying. Makes a lot of sense and I see where you are coming from. Valid for sure.

Nyjets4eva and CotcheryFan like this.
  14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The team has been playing with less effort since ZW was put back in.

If the team trusted the HC they'd have kept working all out on the field trusting his judgement on ZW.

Obviously that did not happen.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  15. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

No. He's the only one I will call out. He sucks.

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  16. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

No problem.

I didn't know anything about Zach outside of seeing him rise in a few mock drafts. I saw the same thing happen with Mahomes a few years earlier and was like maybe this can be our guy. I was unsure as well on Fields considering he had a shaky second half of the college season, but far more proven. I put my trust in the organization and they got it wrong with that pick. AVT makes that first round at least respectable. It is what it is. Hopefully Mike White can be resigned and stay healthy. Sure as hell don't wanna go down the QB draft again this soon.

17. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Count me as someone who had reservations about him before the draft, but was rooting for his success once they took him. I gave him the benefit of the doubt after a year and I might've been generous in doing so. I hope we don't take another QB in round 1 until 2025 at the earliest. Build the team and go with a veteran or day 2/3 pick for now.

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The first pass play where Zach drops back and doesn't even look to his right and see the blitzing DB
    says everything one needs to know about Zach's development.

How does a 2nd year starter not have the chops to pick that up... or at least see it coming.
    It's obvious that he's been playing without an understanding of NFL defenses... he's just been winging it.

Zach Wilson is a pretender.

19. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

A lot of this stuff is beyond my understanding, but I know Z Wilson is getting $35 million. Although I don't know the fine print of it, it's still ludicrous to me. I read somewhere he will count over $10 mil in dead cap space if they launch him to the planet Kolob in the offseason. It's not a simple answer, and we all know the Jets need to bring in legit competition but therein lies the problem: WHO?! And then the ludicrous conversations start about D-bag Aaron Rodgers.

This team always seems like they're on the same treadmill to nowhere. I mean, here we are looking at having to draft a new QB AGAIN. It'll be the 3rd time in 5 years! Blurrrrghhhh!

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I don't believe Kolob has a CFL team so ZW is unlikely to get launched to there.

Maybe Edmonton?

Nyjets4eva likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.