In all seriousness, QB1 next year

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WoodyHarrelson, Dec 23, 2022.

1. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

To state the obvious, everyone of these guys is better than Wilson. But what do we think will truly happen?

Draft: unless someone falls (Stroud) and we want to trade up then mortgaging the future is a huge ask again. Levis and aRichardson are names I hear but their completion % is scary. Maybe Hooker in round 2? I think we steer clear of QB in the draft.

Mike White: We really need to let him rip this next game vs Seattle and find out what we have. I want to root for him but feel like his ceiling is limited and injury history is tough. With that being said, it will be a priority to bring him back next year. In house guy and it needs to be done.

Lamar: No chance Ravens let him walk, he is and has been their franchise.

Jimmy G: Do we know if he has a good relationship with Saleh? Listening to talk shows they talk about Jimmy taking a lot of blame for some lack of adjustments from the SF team. I know he was DC but Jimmy is well aware of Salehs potential. If there is hesitation, he may not come.

Rogers: 38 y/o and on a team with potential playoffs. He said he wants to reasses his mental state after this year. He’s not a New York guy and not ready for this team right now is my gut.

Derek Carr: would be intrigued but what would it take?

2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

It will most likely be Gardner Minshew and I will probably not watch a game.

None of the QBs you mention would be acceptable for me, except Jackson but a pipe dream. Also, This FO will not be drafting another QB in the first round.

Would love to see Goff shake free.

3. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Gardner Minshew is a fine QB. He’s better than Mike White.

4. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

If we start Minshew then I hope we lose every game. That’s awful.

5. mattyd99

mattyd99 Well-Known Member

Daniel Jones if the Giants move on is another option

heartpumpsgreen likes this.
  6. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I would roll with Mike White people forget that he has only started in 5 NFL games and yet he has showed a lot of potential. If we had Mike White All Season we would have made the playoffs this year.

7. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

bring back geno!!! jajaja jk

8. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

Brissetts 2 last significant playing season have been above average.
    One with indy and this year with the Brownies

9. BrickcityJet

BrickcityJet Well-Known Member

I don’t see anything wrong with rolling with White for the rest of this season and all of next. It doesn’t really look like we could draft a QB that can play out of the box this year. We can focus on drafting some other needs and maybe draft a QB that can actually sit and learn for a spell in a couple of years. I don’t think this is as complicated as people are making this out to be.

Acad23 likes this.
  10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Minshew & White might be a viable camp competition... either would be a good backup.
    I like Jacoby Brissett's game... not sure if he's a good fit.
    Brady & Rodgers are crack pipe dreams.

Frankly... any decent QB would improve this team immensely...

11. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

brissette or minshew and Mike effing white

draft richardson to sit and learn

12. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Curious to see Minshew play this weekend. It's an audition for him. My current preference is to resign Mike White, sign a legit vet come in to compete (Carr, Minshew, Brisset, etc.) to compete with him. I'm okay with ZW coming back as the 3rd QB

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  13. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

14. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Secure Mike White and bring in Brissette. Those two should be enough for playoff qualification in 2023. Also, try and make a play for Tannehill and see if you can get him for cheap. Titans look like they're ready to move on from him. Jets are in a pretty good position where they do not need a high maintenance superstar signalcaller to get them over the hump.

15. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

Anything but draft in 1st 2 rounds. Jets need to go Oline, Oline in the first 2 rounds.

16. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Okay, but he's been hurt seriously 2 times out of the 5 games. I like Mike but you gotta have someone more durable than that if you expect to win. I'm not sure I know the answer but of all the possibilities mentioned, I like Minshew the best. He's a swiss army knife of a QB, nothing spectacular but does a lot of things well enough to win. Wouldn't object to Baker Mayfield coming here either. His cockiness would be a good match for NYC. There's not a lot of good options out there.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  17. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

18. heartpumpsgreen

heartpumpsgreen Active Member

1. Daniel Jones
    Jets should offer everything they can if Giants don't franchise him. Jones is ready to blast off. He's never had weapons.

I mean I think Jones is the obvious answer. Not only is he a veteran who is winning now, he would also be your future franchise QB.

2. Mike White/Minshew combo. I personally think MW has better tools but they are interchangeable to a degree, both would be top tier backups.

3. Jimmy G. He had a good year, but he's pretty terrible on deeper throws.

19. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

I think we should sign White for 3 years and draft someone who looks like he could use a 2-3 year development either this year or next. Trade Zach for whatever we can get.