OK, I'm done with Wilson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ColoradoContrails, Dec 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I was afraid Streveler was gonna hurt one of their DB's...

Borat likes this.
  2. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

This is a fair take. I agree on Wilson from that standpoint. Although, I would put Russell ahead of Leaf considering Ryan got 3 other teams Bucs, Cowboys, Seahawks to give him a chance. Holmgren wanted Leaf as a backup to Hasselbeck but Leaf didn't want to be an NFL QB anymore. Russell was done after the Raiders and never tagged along anywhere else. Didn't even get a look. Plus, his signing bonus was probably bigger then Leaf's considering it was almost a decade after Ryan was drafted.

Jets81 likes this.
  3. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Brutal. No play-offs and no FQB. Tonight was a tough one to swallow.

4. JETFUEL1580

He's the Bruce Coslet of QB's. I'm teasing.

5. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

I was at the game sitting 4th row behind the heater, in like the end of the 1st quarter Garrett was standing near the heater and Zack Came over to him and Garrett starting screaming at him for like 2 mins, than Zack never talked to him again for the rest of the game, no one on this team likes Zack he is a outcast and couldn't be a Cfl quarterback yet Nfl quarterback. Time to move on.

6. JETFUEL1580

Good info thank you. I've never seen a team or a part of a team completely revolt against a young QB this fast. Garret Wilson is a rookie, Elijah Moore is Zach's draft mate and both of them are talented and hate this man. Guys wearing Mike White t-shirts only months after wearing Zach MILF shirts in training camp. How did it go so bad for a guy who missed almost the first month of the season? I've never seen anything like this.

I wasn't following the Raiders with Russell and I barely remember the Leaf years in San Diego outside of the veterans like Rodney Harrison hating his guts. What a freaking disaster. Trade Zach for whatever you can again just for his own sake. If he's here next season it's gonna even worse then this past year.

SOJAZ, tomdeb, Jets79 and 1 other person like this.
  7. george sakell

It was funny everyone in the stadium was booing Zack like no tommorow and for the 3 people still wearing his Jerseys people were telling them to burn them, even Darnold never got booed this bad or hated this much, and as far as I seen teamates actually like Darnold. Zack is liked by no one and 2 of his wr's demanded a trade while the 3rd keeps showing him up. He is dunsky. Mike White better be ready next game because if Saleh puts him out there again one more time fans will be booing Saleh next.

8. JETFUEL1580

Hindsight is 20/20, but Darnold had a much higher peak then anything Wilson ever showed. Not sure if Sam was made for New York, but after two years Sam crushed bitch Zach.

SOJAZ, SackRecord99, Jets79 and 2 others like this.
  9. george sakell

Jets better keep saleh for this guy and tank he is our saviour

[​IMG]

10. george sakell

Jets better find a way to suck in 2026 and tank right this time I don't think they can screw this guy up but anything is possible

[​IMG]

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  11. JETFUEL1580

Nice post bro. I agree, and I'm there is a tiny piece of me that is empathetic for Zach when I can see through my annoyance. The booing has to be a killer from a confidence standpoint. He needs to be somewhere else going forward. Whatever he can possibly become will not be in a Jets uniform.

12. george sakell

Biggest bust in Jet history, The Jets never sorrounded Darnold with Talent like Zack has, Darnold had a bad shake here and could complete a 2 yard pass actually.

13. JETFUEL1580

Teammates at least liked Sam.

papapump, VegasMav, ouchy and 2 others like this.
  14. george sakell

Zack will go down as Jamarcus Russell bad

Infact Jamarcus had better stats first 20 games than Zack. This is how bad Zack has been

Jamarcus completion rate 53% avg 6.5 yards 16 touchdowns 14 interceptions
    Zack completion rate 55% avg 6.3 yards 13 touchdowns 16 interceptions

15. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

This played out how I feared it would, but maybe it is for the best in the long run.

I never thought a three-week benching would 'reset' anything in Zach's game. He needed to stay off the field the rest of the year and work on his fundamentals in the offseason and in training camp. Having to go back to him so quickly proved that he hadn't learned or changed a damn thing in those three weeks.

The upside? I think the team has to know now that he isn't the guy and never will be. The idea of relying on him next year is ridiculous. There is no point in giving him the offseason and training camp and then a few games next season to know what we already know.

So, having to go back to Zach has hopefully forced this team to look at the facts. If they don't address the QB position in the offseason they all deserve to be fired.

16. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

twown likes this.
  17. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

No, they can’t do that. They’ll have a player revolt on their hands.

It’s an incredibly bad situation for Salah and Douglas to be in but believe it or not, they can make it worse.

Zach Wilson should never suit up for the Jets again. He shouldn’t even be allowed on the plane to Seattle.

18. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

the thing I don't get is that if it seemed obvious to me (who knows next to nothing) that this was a bad pick then what was going on in the Jets personnel office?

I didn't post much in relation to the '21 draft but the only post I could find was me saying (in relation to the Jets passing on the offers to trade back from the Niners that the Phin's took) "100% this - for us to turn down that offer or better it must be because the Jets plan to take a QB they have fallen in love with - probably Wilson (which I don't like but it is what it is)" #IhatetosayItold youso

azhar80 likes this.
  19. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

I wanted Wilson to succeed and win, but even during his Pro Day I mentioned how he held on the ball too long and waited too long to get rid of the ball. Somethings don't change I guess.
    It's amazing how no screen pass exists with Wilson but with Mike White they magically appear.

Jets79 likes this.
  20. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Blair Thomas, famous for the Chicago game fumble while never achieving #2 overall level is hard to call a bust.
    He played for 7 seasons as a RB and averaged 5 yards per carry his rookie season, and like 4.5 his first 3.
    Injuries did him in.

Gholston was the biggest bust as he could never even show in practice that he belonged on the field, total waste.

People in this fan base would classify Geno as a bust, to me a bust is an utter an$ complete failure, not just. Not living up to draft status. Zach is a bust.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.