For all this talk we only had one win

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ganggreengirl, Jan 9, 2007.

1. ganggreengirl

ganggreengirl New Member

against a team with a record of above .500 the pats only had 2!!!! but that isn't news. it is just the jets only had one win. i love how the media loves to twist things around to make us look like we feasted on an easy schedule.

2. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

hah...interesting fact that I didn't know. NE only beat 2 teams above .500, yet everyone uses or schedule as a reason we got in the playoffs....ridiculous.

3. ganggreengirl

ganggreengirl New Member

our one was against them... their 2 was against us and chicago which if we had an offense that day we could have beaten as well.

4. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Ya and also there were like 5 other playoff teams with easier schedules that us so.....

By the way, why not tell people what you're talking about in the thread title so that they don;t have to go into the thread to find out they're not interested in the topic??

5. atlantajetsfan0462

atlantajetsfan0462 New Member

"He molded ? and scolded ? the Jets into one of the least-penalized teams in the league (third). Their self-discipline and a soft schedule ? only one of their victories came against a team (New England) with a winning record ? were key factors in the Jets? return to the postseason after an injury-riddled 4-12 season in 2005"

This quote was from that Times article. It amazes me how the media keep repeating themselves with this stuipd stat.

Didn't Miami beat the Patriots? Didn't they beat the Bears? Didn't Green Bay beat the Bears...in Chicago? Anyone who says we were succesful becuse of a week schedule is a moron..I am sorry.

You can't say in one sentence: "the Jets were a mediocore team" and then follow up with "the Jets were successful because of their weak schedule"..it just doesn't make sense.

6. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

We were successful because we were well coached and made few mistakes and have a veteran QB who does the same. That wins against a weak schedule. If you happen to have elite talent it wins against any schedule and makes you a SB contender. We are the former not the latter. I understand that but as my wife always tells me, I'm a moron.

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

People get stuck on their initial impressions and then have a hard time getting off of them. This is as true for the media as the rest of us.

That said, even the tougher looking games on the schedule aside from the Patriots were not as tough as they looked. We caught Tennessee in Tennessee with Kerry Collins at QB, as an example.

8. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Yeah and then New England handed it to us on Sunday.

9. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

We played good football and things didn't get out of hand until a few minutes left to play in the 4th quarter.

The fact of the matter is EVERYONE in the media continues to point to our soft schedule and how we only beat on opponent above .500. It's not fair that any other team gets a pass.

10. PatsRule

PatsRule New Member

The Pats beat the Vikings when they were 4-2 and beat both the Jags and Titans when they were 8-7..So add 3 more team to that list

11. SonofDinger

SonofDinger Well-Known Member

I'm afraid it doesn't quite work that way, pal.

12. PatsRule

PatsRule New Member

How many teams did the Steelers beat last year over 500 so what is your point ?

13. nyscene911

nyscene911 Active Member

His point was that saying the Jets weren't good and only benefitted from a weak schedule is bullshit. They're a good team, just not good enough.

14. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

We were 1-3 (NE, Chi, Ind) against winning teams. If we lose to Tennessee or Green Bay we're 1-5, but beating them only keeps us at 1-3, it's all numbers and all meaningless.

15. SonofDinger

SonofDinger Well-Known Member

That's a great way of looking at it. Thanks.

#15 SonofDinger, Jan 9, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2007
  16. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Don't forget, lousy teams puff up the win totals of teams (esp. in the NFC)....other teams play these 'good teams' and it inflates their record.

Beating NFC teams that got 4-6 wins in the NFC Central isn't saying much.

17. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

You need to tell that to so called #1 Jets fan.