"Zach not a good fit"says Daniel Jeremiah. Do you change QB or OC?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BleedJetsGreen1981, Dec 21, 2022.

1. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

You said the Jets should have killed the 11 win Vikings team. So we should have killed the Pats both games, same one Fields drop 30+ on....riiiight?

heartpumpsgreen likes this.
  2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Don’t give a shit about the Zach comparisons. Neither cuts the mustard.

bicketybam likes this.
  3. BrooklynJetsFan

#2 in passing yards in 3 games. Don't cut the mustard for the Jets. You haven't seen that in a decade. haha. ok

heartpumpsgreen likes this.
  4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Absolutely. No question.

bicketybam likes this.
  5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

What you & so many others fail to understand, is that the object is to complete passes to the wide open guy. The kid leaves so much meat on the bone it's ridiculous. Go watch the All-22 coaches film and you'll want to throw up over and over.

This is just one play during the final drive where we at least tie the game (maybe win it) and don't have to settle for a prayer 58 yard FG if he hits this throw to a wide open EM instead of throwing a prayer deep shot to Berrios.

[​IMG]
    Red is EM, yellow is all the room after the coach. Clean pocket to step up into and hit EM in stride. That ball was snapped at our 48 with 31 seconds. Moore is without a doubt getting to the 35 deeper into enemy territory. You can't miss these opportunities and this kid continuously does it. It's pathetic.

FWIW -- when we were winning games, I didn't give a shit how zach played, we were winning and that's all that mattered. The moment the kid started costing us games (which he clearly is at this point), it became a problem for me. He's played 21 games, Darnold played 30 before they moved on from him. Idk how much more time they give him, but it's running out.

6. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Final possession? Lol!

7. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Maybe Zach needs adderall since he’s diagnosed with ADHD. He took it at BYU. Maybe it helped him process the defense much quicker.

8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Believe it or not I agree with this 100%. I’m tired about people pushing just passing stats. Is moving the chains when needed and Fucking scoring TDs. The rest is meaningless to me. Winning is everything. And I’ll take whatever QBs gives us the most wins, not the most yards. Right now, is a bad set of options.

dawinner127 and papapump like this.
  9. BrooklynJetsFan

At this point he can't read the defense. He doesn't know where to go with the ball so leans on his only true great attribute which is throwing the deep ball accurately. Hence Brax in double coverage. LOL. Probably one of the most low pct throw you can heave on the play call.

10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Look, you can ignore the Jets bringing on Matt Cavanaugh and Zach's own coach, John Beck to bolster Calabrese's work but that doesn't mean they weren't brought in to help. Where they are now, and why, are the questions with no answers, but don't try to tell us the Jets did not bring in people for the job.

papapump likes this.
  11. BrooklynJetsFan

Maybe Zach figures it out on TNF and turns the table. Just maybe lol.

12. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Yeah, its the “systems fault” Zach can’t complete the most basic passes. The excuses you and others put on display are embarrassing.

Nyjets4eva and IDFjet like this.
  13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

No one has said they haven't tried. What I've said is that they haven't done the right things to develop him. Yes they have coaches working with him, but do those coaches know how to develop a young QB with his skill sets? Or are they simply focused on trying to change the way he plays to fit their scheme? And what are their qualifications and track records with developing QBs?

Yes, they hired Greg Knapp, but after he was tragically killed, what did they do to replace him? They brought in Zach's personal QB coach on a limited contract and then didn't bring him back this year.

Highest paid OL in the NFL? LOL! Where is THAT OL? Because it sure hasn't shown up!

Yes, Breece was a revelation, and before he was hurt, was a major reason why Zach was playing so well, but after he went out, where's the running game?

What's "shit" is the reasons used to dump on Wilson regardless of whatever he does. We know he has faults. We've acknowledged them. Where is the acknowledgment of his good traits and his still existing potential?

You want to know why the Jets haven't been able to find and develop a good QB for over 50 years? Impatience and ineptitude. You want to dump Zach and play White but who will come in when MW gets hurt - which he will? Or you want them to sign Brady or Rodgers or Lamar, but where's the money coming from and who will have to be cut to afford them? But hey! As long as you get rid of Zach Wilson it's Championship!

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Outside of the plays that breakdown where he needs to create some crazy off script magic, what does he actually do well? He throws with zero anticipation, he's wildly inaccurate, and he can't read a defense. You cannot win in this league just playing backyard football and while just tossing out the entire playbook. When he is asked to play QB and sit in the pocket, he just can't do it. He can't sit in the pocket and consistently hit the 10 yard passes. We've seen it for 21 games already-- How much are you willing to give him? Darnold got 30 games. I'm willing to let him have the offseason and compete for the job next year, but I have absolutely zero hopes for him that he becomes anything more than a mediocre QB at this time. He's currently being grouped with some of the worst QBs of all time with his production at this time.

It's so beyond obvious that he is consistently leaving meat on the bone every single game. Remember the first Pats game where he threw for 350+ yards? Go back and watch the coaches film and watch how many throws he missed. He should have thrown for 450+ yards with how open guys were. Last week vs Detroit, he finished with 300+, he should have easily finished with 400+. It's every single week with this kid and you cannot win like this and . There's a reason why the offense has moved up and down the field with every other QB in this system opposed to Zach, where it's like pulling your hair out.

Two things about your final point -

1) I totally agree with you that the impatience with this fanbase is a real thing and it is most likely stemming from Zach's rookie year feeling a lot like a 4th year of Darnold. IMO, that's unfair and BS that our sour taste from that QB is carrying over to this one. I would even say Saleh is getting some of the old regimes blame as well, however not as much as the QB. I don't agree with it whatsoever.

2) I'm not sure if you are talking to me directly about trying to remove Zach and I'll be jumping up and down like we just won a chip b/c that is far from true. I have stated countless times on this board that I don't give a flying F who the QB is -- just win me games. When Zach was winning games earlier in the year, I couldn't care if he threw 5 INTs and had negative passing yards, we were winning. Right now, we aren't winning and he is a major contributor to that.

Nyjets4eva, papapump and NYJFOREVER like this.
  15. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

He can’t complete screen passes. I’ve never seen anything like it in all my years watching football. They’re like his own personal Kyrptonite. I didn’t watch him in college so I don’t know if this followed him or became a problem at this level, but if it followed him then JD shit the bed so hard that it fell through the floor. If it became a problem then Calabrece should be fired. He should be fired anyway or demoted to equipment manager.

Below some dude is trying to make a case for Zach after the most horrendous Jets QB performance I’ve ever seen and he doesn’t even realize how badly he ends up mocking the guy towards the end of his grand analysis:

———
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/an-in-depth-look-at-the-zach-wilson-situation/ar-AA14NfQY

4) Zach stunk while Mac Jones was 23/27 for 236 yards passing.

Zach was 9/22 for 77 yards but threw the ball away numerous times.

If you watch the film, 11 of Mac Jones completions were of the short variety that gained 41 total yards or a 3.7 yard gain per pass. The other 13 completions went as so...

Myers gains 13 yards on pass 1 yard behind the line of scrimmage, numerous missed tackles

Stevenson gains 8 yards on screen pass from behind the line of scrimmage

Myers is wide open on a reception across the middle for 13 yards (zone coverage)

27 yard gain by Jonnu Smith on 10 yard pass (wide open) on blown coverage by Kwon Alexander who got sucked up on a play fake forgetting his coverage responsibilities.

19 yards to Stevenson on a 2 yard pass (on a 3rd and 16 play) with 7 missed tackles by the Jets defensive back 7.

16 yards on a 3 yard pass to a wide open Myers for a 1st down (zone coverage)

9 yard pass to a wide open receiver on a 3rd and 22

20 yard pas to a wide open Parker over the middle against zone coverage

4 yard pass on a bootleg to a wide open Hunter Henry that goes for 20 yards.

13 yard gain for Harris on a 5 yard pass over the middle (wide open)

Stevenson 17 yards on a 5 yard pass (wide open) on a 1st and 20 play. He probably would have made the 1st down if he didn’t accidently step out of bounds.

3 yard pass to a wide open Nelson Agholor for 11 yards on zone coverage.

9 yard pass to Myers on first and 10 (wide open) zone coverage

Those account for 13 receptions for 195 of the 236 yards passing that a high school kid could do. Most of these passes were very short or behind the line of scrimmage.

Nyjets4eva and dawinner127 like this.
  16. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

One of the following is 2020 Darnold. The other is 2021 Wilson.

13G - 213/383 - 55% - 6.1AVG - 9TD - 11INT - 69.7 rating

12G - 217/365 - 59% - 6.1AVG - 9TD - 11INT - 72.7 rating

Statistically speaking, a 4th year of Darnold is almost exactly what we got.

dawinner127 and NYJFOREVER like this.
  17. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

It’s quite pathetic the Jets can’t figure it out, isn’t it?

papapump likes this.
  18. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

He’s a young QB with a ton of potential that is currently playing like one of the, if not the worst QB in the league.

He has 3-4 “wow” plays a game and 2 boneheaded, backbreaking turnovers every game. If Michael Carter didn’t make a ridiculous catch to save Zach’a ass, the game is over right there.

He’s way too inconsistent in doing the easy stuff. He routinely misses NFL gimme throws and really, really struggles in the short to intermediate game. Throws a really nice deep ball though. He has to touch, everything is a fastball.

When he’s at the helm, there’s no rhythm in the offense. It’s a bunch of flukey 50-50 jump balls that isn’t going to work every week.

All the potential in the world and none of it is coming together for him.

19. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

I think he just doesn't see them a lot of the time. 6'2" is on the short side for quarterbacks, and there is a reason you typically want a taller guy playing that position ideally.

#59 Jets-N-Terps, Dec 22, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2022
    heartpumpsgreen and Nyjets4eva like this.
  20. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Jimmy G gets injured just as much if not more lol and prob commands more money no?

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.