"Zach not a good fit"says Daniel Jeremiah. Do you change QB or OC?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BleedJetsGreen1981, Dec 21, 2022.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

yeah it's Saleh and the rest of the staffs fault that Knapp died. Maybe they planned it :rolleyes:

JohnnyP123456 and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Take Zach out of the equation for once for Pete’s sake. His red zone play calling has been horseshit. His run approach, reluctance to change the run outside the hash marks, using fucking Berrios on meaningless little trick plays instead of the bigger receivers because he knows the entire playbook, is not what I call user friendly. He is not using the talent he has to work with, and no I don’t mean Zach, Robinson, Moore, Mims, do I need to go on. His ego is bigger than the team. He is literally in his own little kingdom without understanding what he has to work with. So forgive me if I’m not sold on him.

3. dawinner127

The man needs to be on every weight gainer possible. Get him up to 230/235 -- the good thing about White gaining that weight is it won't hinder his athleticism because he doesn't have any :D

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  4. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Minnesota game was humming.

5. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

#2 in passing yards in his 3 starts the year.

6. burf

burf Well-Known Member

They've had lots of time to hire a competent QB coach. Instead they've left Zach's development to their defensive minded HC, their 1st-time OC, & some guy who attended Boomer Esiason's high school, & was a Quality-control coach... all with no experience developing QBs. Yup, defend that, as opposed to building an offense around your investment. Another great business & football mind.

7. BrooklynJetsFan

Tell me when Zach is #2 in passing yards in a 3-game stretch. I got you a round of Jack and biscuits on the house.

8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Remind us of what his W/L record was during that stretch?

9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The Bears and Vikings defenses are known for giving up a lot of yards, and we fell behind early against the Vikings and Bills.

10. bicketybam

He didn't throw a single TD pass in two of them. Passer rating in those two was lousy as was QBR. But you got the yards.

11. bicketybam

Yards is now the benchmark? Yikes.

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Oh for Pete sake. Stats are wonderful. Every one gave him credit for that. . But in the end Big fucking deal. Yeh, I want those kind of stats along with 1-3 wins all season long. Fuck that. I want a QB that knows how to win games.

bicketybam and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. burf

burf Well-Known Member

What you & so many others fail to understand, is that the object is winning. Enough with the BS stats, & analytics.
    Saleh analyzed his way out of 30+ seconds of precious time, in the 4th Qtr Sunday. It's one tool in making decisions. Me, I'll take someone who understands football, & uses his smarts & instincts to make decisions, over these stats warriors. When robots start playing in the NFL, then I'll pay attention to stats.

LAJet and bicketybam like this.
  14. dawinner127

Drafted 2 offensive lineman top 15
    Highest paid OL in NFL
    Drafted 2 WRs top 45 (1 top 10)
    Paid CD, Conk & Uzomah
    Traded up for Breece
    drafted MC
    Hired Greg Knapp & HIS PERSONAL QB COACH
    Has a top 5 defense

it's such a shit excuse to try and act like they didn't go above and beyond to help this kid be successful

15. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Douglas has done a yeoman's job assembling all of the ingredients. But, who the hell is the Chef?
    Zach clearly needs some sort of mentor, coach to teach him to nail the short passes. It's absurd that he is this gifted athlete but, struggles with basic throws. If they could ever solve that riddle that would be something.

16. BrooklynJetsFan

Still better than Zach. Pick any 3-game stretch.

17. BrooklynJetsFan

MW lost two games to 10+ win teams at their home field. Really?! And every game came down to the final possession.

Zach can't even beat the Pats or Lions in FLORHAM PARK. Dude is trash compared to MW. It's not even close when you watch it side by side. He loses to TLaw on TNF at home, say bye to Zach in 2023.

PennyRoyal10 and Nyjets4eva like this.
  18. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Minnie was garbage defensively. We should have killed them. That is not on White, but the whole team. Although he is the offensive leader. Enough with all these fucking moral victories

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  19. BrooklynJetsFan

11 wins is Garbage ok whatever.

20. burf

burf Well-Known Member

Exactly. Just as you build your team around your investment, you also build your offense around your investment, & surround him with coaches who have the capacity, & experience to help him grow.
    Are you telling me that if you made a huge investment in a very young, very raw player, you would choose three inexperienced people to train him? Do you really believe that's a smart thing to do? Or after your investment, you'd force him into a system he doesn't fit? If they wanted Mac Jones, he was there for them to take. No, they wanted Zach, knew who he was, & after Knapp died, with all the veteran coaches/players out there, they chose a Quality-Control coach for Zach. Smart move, indeed.

ColoradoContrails likes this.