"Zach not a good fit"says Daniel Jeremiah. Do you change QB or OC?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BleedJetsGreen1981, Dec 21, 2022.

1. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Former NFL scout Daniel Jeremiah appearing on Rich Eisen show recently discussed that Zach Wilson might not be a "good fit" for the Jets. Because the Jets have a "rhythm timing based offense." Zach's talents don't correspond to what the Jets are doing. He goes on to say you have to "shift and mold to change around him instead of asking him to shift and change and mold around you".

The Jets have $35 million guaranteed to Wilson. What's the next move? Do you replace LaFleur to bring in an OC better suited for Wilson. It's maddening to watch Zach miss basic bubble screens and slants. But, it sure would be great to have someone in the building who can harness his talents and get the most of our young signal caller.

#1 BleedJetsGreen1981, Dec 21, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2022
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

This is the beginning of the end for Zach. These “he’s a home run hitter” guys who are protecting their reps as good scouts, will quietly never whisper his name again, ala Rosen. We all
    make mistakes.

3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

LaFleur hasn't been perfect, but he usually does scheme the receivers open. In Zach's last 2 games, he has missed an open receiver on multiple occasions. This tells me who the bigger problem is.

4. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Awesome

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  5. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

The system Is here to stay as long as Saleh Is here. The system Is awesome. IMO

Its a very QB friendly system even, yet, ZW struggles heavily with It.

So...

onefanjet, SOJAZ, Jojo and 5 others like this.
  6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Well, he hit the nail in the head. We said that last year. Magnified this year. With Saleh, the system will not change, so all of the sudden the JG possibility could be more than a rumor.

7. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Only took 4 posts for Zach's personal fluffer to chime is with a waste of bandwidth.

This guy is saying what all the other analysts and experts are saying just in a different way. Zach isn't the type of QB, yet, that can lead sustainable drives. He will hit some wow throws and get huge chunks of yards occasionally, but he can't do the easy stuff.

You can make the scheme as QB friendly as you want, but he isn't able to make those throws consistently

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

If the same system makes Brock Purdy look like a Pro Bowler, I’d have to guess most should be able to figure out.

9. BleedJetsGreen1981

Do you sign Garoppolo for a small fortune or get Mike White on a better deal?
    Jimmy G would be great but, like White he gets injured a lot. They'll bring a veteran for sure, just a question of who.

10. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Minchew

Nyjets4eva and Lon Chaney like this.
  11. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Not interested in Jimmy G whatsoever. I would rather run it back with White + Wilson before signing Jimmy.

The only QB move I would make in the offseason would be Minshew or Rodgers. Like JV said earlier -- the system is super QB friendly.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  12. BleedJetsGreen1981

Minshew's getting the start in place of injured Hurts this weekend. Be interesting to see what kind of numbers he puts up.

13. BleedJetsGreen1981

I agree. JG has chronic injury problems and will cost a fortune. Would much rather see Mike White resigned and compete for spot with Wilson.

14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The problem with Mike White is he also has injury problems. And we still don't know how good he is because we can't keep him on the field for more than a couple games at a time.

15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Keep Mike, keep Zach, go with a Senior QB that fits the system. However, I’m not 100% sure that MLF is the super friendly system everyone raves about. But what do I know.

16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Let's see, do we go with the second year QB with career numbers comparable to Josh Rosen and Jamarcus Russell? Or do we go with the OC whose offense looks alright with literally any other QB running it?

17. BleedJetsGreen1981

Therein lies the conundrum. But, if it's a choice between JG and MW the latter would be much cheaper. I have a feeling Douglas will bring in a veteran QB who can lead our Jets to the show.

NYJetsO12 and Nyjets4eva like this.
  18. 24McNeil

24McNeil Well-Known Member

zach cannot hit a 2 yard pass nor keep from running around like his pants are on fire, there are no coordinators who specialize in incompetency. we have 4 flawed qb's on our roster and next year we need to have 4 new ones.

19. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Its night and day In comparison. Take off your Zach Wilson glasses.

It's not coincidence that this offense hums with the other QB's on the roster but flat lines with, Zach Wilson.

Jets79 likes this.
  20. burf

burf Well-Known Member

Judging by the comments here, & in other threads, it seems lots of Jets fans really enjoy the SOJ.
    You either bring in players that fit your system, or you build your system around the players you bring in.
    They drafted Zach, & knew what they were getting. Then they force him into the wrong system, without any coaches experienced in developing QBs. Yup, smart move. Then get rid of Zach... at 23.
    Me, I'm hoping management gets it before it's too late, if not, enjoy the mediocrity you're all salivating for.