Mike White not cleared… Zach will start the Lions game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 16, 2022.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Having Flacco as #2 only makes sense in that it keeps Zach in the game no matter how badly he plays.

btw... the O-line should be ashamed of themselves for letting White get pummeled all game.

Nyjets4eva and azhar80 like this.
  2. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

White hasn't lasted more than 3 starts without getting injured. That's a fact. Forget about Wilson. That's White's history and it isn't good.

azhar80 likes this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Upfront confession: I'm out of my depth here so anyone - @Jonathan Vilma? - who has a better understanding of pro blocking schemes feel free to correct me (Well, JV you've always felt free to correct me anyway so the invitation is overkill:D) - but as I understand it the Jets employ a Wide Zone Blocking scheme which requires mobility on the part of the OL, but also can lead to big gaps in protection. Knowing this, the Jets focused on getting a mobile QB in the draft to build around. Of course that begs the question why would they keep two less mobile (immobile in the case of Flacco) QBs on the roster? IDK> Familiarity with the offense? Chemistry with the team (in the case of MW)? To have the ability to change up their offensive look to throw teams off? As I said IDK.

Or maybe I'm way off base. But they could've traded back and gotten Mac Jones for example and didn't do that. IDK who they considered besides Zach, but I bet they were mobile.

burf likes this.
  4. bicketybam

You keep saying that without a shred of evidence.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. ColoradoContrails

Imagine if they didn't love the guy!

NY Jets68, Acad23 and bicketybam like this.
  6. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

What's Amazing is White actually played with those injured/fractured ribs. He literally left the game, got checked and ran back out on the field. But now White can't get any Doctor to sign off on him playing.

It makes one wonder who badly he was hurt, and how much damage he could've don't to himself. I had a minor rib injury and it was hard to breathe and was in pain for a month, but I still showed up to play Slow pitch Softball every week lolll.

I think White is out for another week at least. Hoping he recovers quickly and full. Also hope Wilson learned from the bench, as he did when he himself got hurt last yr.
    Wilson is a young QB, and has all the physical talent in the world. So I hope he was working on the mental aspect of the game during these last few weeks.

PJ4Ever, Nyjets4eva and Borat like this.
  7. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

This is what I am referring to when I said Mike could have easily gotten hurt a week earlier against Minny with this OLine. Check 7:29, 10:35, 12:25 of this video. These are 3 brutal hits. On the second one he seems to be very hurt. I just don't know if the strategy of standing tall in the pocket, even with quick release, will work longer term with this OLine.

8. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

The arguments are laughable.

Zach knows how to win better. He's 8-12 as a starter

Zach had his best game as a pro against the Bills. 150 yards passing and the only memorable pass was the last one to Mims.

Zach stays healthier. Literally missed time every season due to injury. Neither are iron horses

You accept Zach sucked when he was benched=you hate Zach Wilson and would rather see jets lose than him succeed.

None of it holds an ounce of water

RevisIsland18 likes this.
  9. ColoradoContrails

I'm sure the team doctors/trainers injected MW with painkillers to enable him to return.

azhar80 likes this.
  10. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Ok--so you don't care for my politics--why do you keep bringing it up like you know better? I'm not name calling--you really are wrong about every time man--I'm hoping you win one--peace.

11. ColoradoContrails

For all we know he was hurt in that Vikings game, and the first good hit he took in Buffalo finished the job.

Yeah, "standing tall in the pocket" with this OL for three games is one thing. But let's see how tall and immobile he remains if he had to play behind them for a season. That's not a knock on MW's toughness, more an observation of human nature and our self preservation instinct.

12. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

When has a doctor imposed benching for ribs ever happened? I've already named multiple QBs who played multiple games with broken ribs. Can you provide evidence of a doctor imposed benching for cracked ribs?

13. bicketybam

Yup. No name calling.

And I'm probably more aligned with your politics than you know. You just don't argue them very well and I'm being kind when I say that.

14. bicketybam

If his rib is at the point where a hit could make it puncture his lung, you would want him to play. Or puncture something even more dangerous? 10 doctors told him to fuck off. You think the Jets got to them all? This is nonsense and just aligns with your anti-JD ideology.

15. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Alright, let's see how much he's "grown up" since getting benched.

16. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I'm just telling my perspective--I wasn't trying to convince anyone by argument to come to my position. I would discuss further in that forum if I cared to. I'm not a proselytizing sort of guy--let others think what they want as I will as well.

17. bicketybam

Awesome. Now stop with the childish name calling and we're fine.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  18. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

Make no mistake, a few things will likely come out of this week:

1) It's extremely doubtful Mike White plays again. Zach Wilson gets the benefit of the doubt from the CS. If Zach completes 50% of his passes with 0 interceptions? Saleh goes with Zach for the rest of the season. As incredibly unimpressive as that is, that's all it will take for Zach to win.

2) At the end of this new stint where Zach is starting we'll be passing FINAL JUDGMENT on Zach. If Zach blows it this time? He'll never take the field for the Jets again. If he comes back and sets the world on fire? Then everything will be good but this is the very last chance Zach Wilson will get as a Jet.

PJ4Ever and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
  19. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you're butthurt. You sure dish it out better than you take it old man--you know I want the best for you tho. May your son bring you joy and gladness always.

JackBower likes this.
  20. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

And this is why they are playing Zach. This is it for Zach if he doesn't deliver. JD will move on. If you can get Purdy in the 7th round, JD can find another QB potential for the 5th round pick he gets for Zach. $9M and 11M cap numbers you can unload.