They're letting the season slip away....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJ1970, Dec 13, 2022.

1. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

Call the last couple weeks whatever you choose but the end result is they are allowing the season to slip away. The Lions and Jags are certainly NOT pushover teams. Seaslugs and Dolphins could make us 1-3 to close the season. 9-8 and no playoffs.

I see 4 reasons for this:

1) QUARTERBACK. I'm not here to debate who is the best QB to close out the season. I'm on the Mike White train. He's the best QB on the Jets right now and it's not close. Zach was hot garbage all season and the best thing I can say about him is he's better than Joe Flacco. But Mike White MUST play better. The Jets simply aren't getting enough from Mike White to beat the best teams in the NFL. Now I ask you... do you want the Jets to be a competitive team in that Neverending abyss of PARODY teams? Or do you want the Jets to win the SB. Fact is we're not getting enough from Mike White. I hope with time Mike White gets better but only time will tell and that time is NOW.

2) OL - the OL simply isn't performing well enough. They were pushing teams off the ball late in the game earlier in the season. I remember in the first Buffalo game watching Duane Brown, Laken Tomlinson, Connor McGovern, Nate Herbig, and Cedric Ogbeuhi push the Buffalo front 7 off the ball when the Jets ran the ball 8 or 9 straight times. In the last game the Jets OL looked like garbage. The pass blocking was horrible and hung MW out to dry. Even when the Jets had better personnel earlier in the season. They'd dominate in the 4th quarter but the 1st 3 quarters were very hit or miss. Objectively speaking the Jets OL has shown a lot of potential but very little consistency. I don't care about injuries. There's enough good players on the OL right now for them to play much better than they have.

3) COACHING - Robert Saleh is NOT pulling his weight. Good coaches know how to coach and win in December when the season is on the line. Robert Saleh is perfect. 0-2 in December. He's allowing the OC to be a dingbat with play calling. OFFENSE is where ALL of the teams problems lie. Saleh needs to be spending more time in the offensive position meetings as well as the offense overall. The defense is fine right now and Saleh can't be in two places at once. If Saleh wants to be a good HC he must get better when the season is on the line.

4) TURNOVERS - All of the players on offense are allowing the offense to lose games. In the last 2 games the Jets lost because they lost the turnover battle. I can't underemphasize the importance of ball security. If Mike White, Mike Carter, and Joe Flacco don't throw interceptions or fumble the ball away, I bet both of the last 2 games have a different outcome. Good teams play their best football in the biggest games. All of the Jets remaining games are big games. So if they can't handle ball security in big games? They're useless to the Jets team and what they are trying to achieve.

The bottom line is the offense, as always, remains to be the problem with this team. They CONSISTENTLY take the first 20 minutes of every game off before they get their lazy a$$es going. They also lose the turnover battle and the Jets have shown over the course of the season that when they do those two things they almost never win. I think the Jets have won ONE game this season when they lost the turnover battle but even in that game they scored in the 1st quarter. Jets have had this problem for almost 20 years now. They'll never win a SB until they can fix the problems......

#1 NYJ1970, Dec 13, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2022
  2. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

There’s nothing slipping away. This team has outperformed itself in just about every manner thus far. We’re a good team, not a great team. We don’t match up with the big boys yet. We’re a QB and a couple pieces away/

3. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

They've lost 2 road games by single score margins to the current #1 AFC and #2 NFC seeds... the sky is well and truly falling.

4. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

They lost two road games to the #2 seed in the NFC and the #1 seed in the AFC.

Chill tf out.

5. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

We are where we expected to be. Now, can we win the games we are supposed to? Big 2 game stretch at home..

BudJet, mrjet80 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

it’s amazing because if you told anyone that we would be in the playoff hunt come mid December and we would be within one score of beating these two teams on the road two weeks in a row people would’ve called you a homer and an idiot.

7. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

It's much harder to get everyone on the offense to be in sync. Offense is a work of creation. Defense is easier because it's always easier to destroy than create.

ColoradoContrails and NYJ1970 like this.
  8. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Win 4 games vs teams we are better than, sounds simple right?

NYJ1970 likes this.
  9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

No I don't and won't go to the Extreme and say yeah the sky is falling but the OP has some very legitimate and scary points that imo hit nail on head

Please read what he has to say about White and our CS in particular. The Offense is abysmal ...how can anyone not see that?

We have home games on the agenda ..I hope that compensates in some way for us because we need all the help we can get smh

AndyDrums and NYJ1970 like this.
  11. NYJ1970

I have NO problem telling you this appeared to have a much more optimistic potential outcome when the Jets were 5-2. You're also honking the horn of "We're better than we were supposed to be". In other words, you think is a major success because we beat the Vegas predictions. That's absurd. The Jets don't play football to beat Vegas. They play football to win Super bowls. In that regard, we're very much letting the season slip away. We were in prime position to get to the playoffs before the last 2 losses. Not to mention, the last two weeks illustrates that the Jets can't beat the best NFL teams when they're healthy...

NYJetsO12 and Jojo like this.
  12. NYJ1970

So you're OK with barely eking out a wildcard only to be one and done? You're happy if the Jets almost make the playoffs or make the playoffs and immediately lose. That's a true losers mentality where you're ecstatic because the aren't picking top 5....

13. NYJ1970

That still doesn't mean the offensive futility is OK....

#13 NYJ1970, Dec 13, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2022
    NYJetsO12 and Jojo like this.
  14. NYJ1970

Brilliant. Coming from the same guy that thought it was OK to have Zach start all season playing worse football than any starter in recent recorded memory.....

AndyDrums likes this.
  15. dawinner127

Wrong. I said as long as he isn't costing us games who gives a shit how he plays. That changed.

Nice try though.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  16. NYJ1970

Thank you. The point is we must get better if we want to win Super Bowls. All the critics of this thread have the "MIKE MACAGNAN" mentality about winning. As though we're supposed to be HAPPY and grateful that the Jets aren't picking in the top 5. It's that loser mentality that this sad sack franchise has taught their fans to be - EXCEPT a few that still have their eyes open and haven't drank the Kool - Aid.....

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. NYJ1970

Of course it changed you dingbat! That's EXACTLY what I was saying in that thread. We NEEDED better QB play and Zach wasn't cutting it and anyone with an ounce of objectivity knew he needed to be better or eventually he'd start costing us games....

18. dawinner127

WHY do YOU RANDOMLY talk LIKE THIS like? Jesus Christ.

We were winning games and off to the best start in 10 years. The moment Zach started costing us games (both pats games) it was time to make a switch -- we did and I've supported it the entire time. Not sure why you think I'm some Zach Wilson apologist. The kid is ranked 30+ out of 33 eligible QBs in almost every category -- he stinks.

PS - People might take you more serious around here if you learn how to have a conversation with resorting to name calling. Fucking jackass.

Freddy Mondo and RevisIsland18 like this.
  19. NYJ1970

Oh I'm sorry Stuart Smalley. I shouldn't have pointed out the obvious to you. My bad...

20. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Uh. Yea. When you’ve been a laughing stock for over a decade being competitive and making the playoffs is a massive deal. It is great for the culture and sends a message that we are for real and should be taken seriously. That matters a lot. If you can’t see it then you’re not operating in reality.

Jojo, JohnnyP123456, azhar80 and 4 others like this.