Clasless Colvin

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LI JET FAN, Jan 8, 2007.

1. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

Late 4th quater ion an apparent Patriot playoff victory. Colvin lays out Pennington (should have been a roughing call :pats_suck: )Pennington tells him off a bit and there's Colvin waving bye-bye to Pennington. I was ready to go through my TV and punch Colvin right in the chops. I've always hated N.E. even before Bellichek defected now this!. :mad: I want to beat these guys so badly it hurts.

2. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

DAMN people you guys are crying over everything. Should it had been a flag yes but did it cost us the game no

3. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

Please point out where he said it costed us the game?

4. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

did you miss the point totally?

5. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I'm not saying he did, but what is the point in crying over it?

6. Drew

Drew Active Member

You should've tried it. That would've been entertaining.

7. JetMania

JetMania New Member

unless your 6-5 and 250 you better stay in your living room.

8. rillo

rillo New Member

yea and did u see when chad try talkin to him he just waved his hand like if he was bothered....what an ass!! both QB's were getting hit so i'm kinda glad they didnt call it either way....but penny did take some punishment....hopefully Merriman will juice up and kill Brady :rofl:

9. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

frankly they shoulda taken penny out the game at that point anyway. no way are we coming back, take him out so we dont risk injury. I dont give a shit if its the offseason now, i dont want to see him take a shot and get hurt again.

Shoulda put smith in at the end.

Pennington patted colvin on the ass afterwards. Dont hate a man for doing his job.

Side note, the Colvin hit on pennington was equally as bad as the hobson hit on brady earlier this year, so there should have at least been a flag.

10. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

Should have been a flag but whatever, when we beat the Pats in Nov. we danced on their field like we owned the place, and at that moment we did, Colvin did not forget, none of them did. This will be a great rivalry for quite some time.

11. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

I thought about taking penny out and getting some of our young guys reps, but at that point I think it was a pride thing for penny...and the old you never know...quick score...onside...quick score...its happened before.

12. LilGrrlGreen

LilGrrlGreen New Member

You missed the mark on this comment. He was clearly upset that there was no need to level Chad Pennington and potentially injure him when they already had the game in the bag. It was classless, arrogant, and uncalled for.

And I agree with Vin...there is no reason Chad should have been in. It would have been a good opportunity to give Clemens some reps.

13. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

He wasn't waving bye bye. He was making a gesture with his hand that means, "keep talking."

14. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

If I want class in a player, I'd follow golf.

This is war, all is fair as long as you don't get the flag thrown.

We have two chances for payback next year (plus whatever off the field crap Mangini can get away with before then). Let the players and coaches mark the dates on the calendar and get back to work.

15. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Uh oh, you said war. I got throttled for that a few weeks ago.

I totally agree though. Is anyone complaining about the hit BT put on Brady? Even the commentators admitted that should have been flagged. He put his helmet in Brady's chest, took him off his feet, and planted him.

The fact is, while a few calls could have gone our way, the refs let BOTH QBs get brutalized yesterday. I applaud that part of their job yesterday. This is football, you want nice, watch ballet.

16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

no, it is a football game...all is fair as long as you don't get the flag thrown.

you don't have to exagerate what the actual event is to make your point valid, but doing so does invalidate the credibility of the source.

17. KY_Jetsfan

KY_Jetsfan New Member

Was it just me or was Tedi Bruschi hitting someone late on every other play? He used his helmet a bunch.

18. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I don't see the difference between the Colvin hit on Chad and the Hobson hit on Brady in the 2nd meeting. Of course this one wasn't called, but you sorta have to expect that when you're in Foxborough and you're the Jets. Not saying the refs cost the Jets, not at all, but their were some horrible non-calls, pretty blatant.

19. rillo

rillo New Member

i think when u play the pats period....theres always a question

20. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

And that's part of the advantage of repeated liftings of the Lombardi Trophy.

When we start raising it, trust me, we will get the same treatment.