2022 - Week 12: New York Jets vs Chicago Bears

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Nov 21, 2022.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Nov 27, 2022.
  1. Jets

69.6%
  2. Bears

30.4%
  1. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

Today just proves that Elijah Moores troubles getting involved in the offense had nothing to do with Moore. That problem was 100% ZACH......

Br4d, Get me the Damn Ball and Cman68 like this.
  2. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  3. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Big shoutout to the OL. They played a big part in yesterday's W.

Barring injuries, I think we have our starting OL going forward.

Brown, Tomlinson, CMG, Herbig, Mitchell. Hopefully they can stay healthy and get some more reps together down the stretch!

4. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I know PFF is controversial and I try to take their grades lightly, but what a difference between Ogbuhei and Max Mitchell. Impressive Mitchell was able to step in on short notice and perform well no less. Definitelt agree that's the starting 5. Will be interesting what they do with Fant if/when healthy.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  5. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

Last weeks abysmal performance wasnt JUST ZW. (Not an excuse for ZW as I favored his benching)

6. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

One point here, we did allow a sack by Armon Watts. It was the Bears 1st sack by their DL in the last 4 games.

mrjet80 and KY Jets Fan like this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The question I have is: why doesn't the OL play like this for Zach? Is there a role he plays in that (probably, as his time to release is about a second longer), but this has been an issue when Zach is under center. It seems like he's had to play more with patched together lines more than the other QBs on the team. This doesn't change or excuse the fact that he needs to make his reads and decisions faster, but it doesn't help him either.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  8. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I honestly don't think the line played much different than it normally did for Zach.

Maybe slightly better but the main changes, for the passing game anyway, was what you alluded to. Mike White's average TTT(Time to Throw) was 2.38 seconds yesterday compared to Zach's season average of 3.09. The OL is gonna look a lot better when the QB is getting rid of the ball 0.71 seconds faster on average.

In Zach's "good" games this year, vsMIA and vsBUF, his average TTT was 2.73 and 2.39 respectively.

#168 KY Jets Fan, Nov 28, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
  9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

But again, trying to be objective, there were almost no instances yesterday where MW was under immediate pressure, whereas when Zach was in there this happened a lot. Sure, when Zach held the ball too long, the pressure was going to get there, but it just seemed like the OL was blocking much better yesterday. I could be wrong.

HomeoftheJets and KY Jets Fan like this.
  10. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

It's probably a combination of TTT being down by about 3/4 of a second and going up against one of the league's worst pass rush units.

Losmeister likes this.
  11. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

After watching this, there are plenty of instances of MW getting some early pressure. He just knew where his check-downs were and made the right throw.

All Gas No Shake and Jets79 like this.
  12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

ZW doesn't throw to the first read unless they are wide open. He doesn't check down when everybody else is covered. He turns his back on the field when he scrambles and then he heads for the sideline taking away half the field. His throws are too hard in general - this causes two effects: his receivers have more drops than you'd like and there are a bunch of dropped interceptions. He doesn't throw the ball where the receiver can make a catch and run most of the time. He tends to throw hard at the middle of the body which often turns into a back shoulder and the receiver has a hard ball to handle. These are just the flaws when he throws a semi-catchable ball. He throws a lot of uncatchable balls also.

One of the things I have never understood is how anybody can watch ZW and think he is an NFL QB. He's closer to a Hackenberg than to an NFL QB. He just doesn't have anything but a strong arm and a set of good legs going for him. That makes him maybe a CFL QB if he is lucky when all is said and done.

Jets79 likes this.
  13. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I just had to laugh since we got White vs Siemian and it was almost White vs Peterman

All Gas No Shake, Brook! and Acad23 like this.
  14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Zach just hasn't learned how to work or trust the pocket.
    There were quite a few plays where he bailed way too early... sometimes right into where the pressure was.

His lack of development has nothing to do with how the O-line plays.

That train has left the station.

15. GasedAndConfused

that to me is the main issue. other Qbs will step up and hit the window, but zach spins out and by the time he's able to throw again the window closed and we are in scramble drill, combine that with "the yips" and it's been rough.

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

What drove me crazy was when he was just lazy in the pocket... the flat footed throws.
    He plays with all arm... and without a good foundation those throws are usually off target or behind receivers.

The stats don't lie... the completion % and the yards per pass were abysmal.

Jets79 likes this.
  17. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I am now apart of the Jet mile high club.

On an airplane and watch a Jets win

Brook! likes this.
  18. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yeah I tend to agree…he just misses so many open receivers…and I totally cringe when he rifles a pass to a dump off at like 90 miles per hour…and then he puts balls behind receivers…just awful accuracy that hasn’t really improved much

Br4d likes this.
  19. GasedAndConfused

the best QBs stay in a rhythm. with zach he looks to read and react. he's gotta keep moving. he relies on his natural arm talent too much which works in college but not the pros. you can set a watch to brady's timing, that's why he's so good

Cidusii, Acad23 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  20. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Check out QB coach Rob Calabrese's track record. QB coach at Wagner (Wagner?). Quality Control coach as recently as 2020?

Greg Knapp he's not