We where out coached......PERIOD

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #1 Jets Fan, Jan 7, 2007.

1. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

They weren't outcoached at all. That's garbage. The Pats have better players. Period.

2. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

We lost because the only way we could get pressure on Brady was to send 6 and 7 defenders on every passing down. BB knew this and kept them in zone blocking schemes and always kept a RB in to block, until the dump pass TD to Faulk which was an EXCELLENT play call, tip your hat. We need to get a true NT in here and someone opposite B.Thomas that can pressure the QB so we do not have to blitz so much. With Warren, Seymour and T. Bruschi the Pats have that, they can drop into zone more frequently and give a guy like Chad a ton more different looks.

I think Manigini did a great job with what he had to work with. I also think Chad had a great day identifying blitzers and getting the ball out, he really looks as though he is finally getting a hang of what BB is doing.

3. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

OH I'm not fan because I can be relestic? The fact is that we only beat ONE team with a above .500 record so we really don't know how good we really are. We had a very weak schudule this year. Oh I guess I'm not a fan for speaking the truth :rolleyes:

4. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

oh and to chime in on that faulk swing pass.

rhodes blitzed and faulk was eric smiths resopnsibility. smith had a lot of ground to cover to get over there AND he was partially screened out by one of the pats receivers.

a veteran player probably gets there but a rookie.......

jil

5. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

The Pats have a better team. Period. We have a great young coach and he will put together a team that will be able to compete with the Patriots in the near future. Hopefully the first move will be starting Clemens at QB next year.

6. PatsRule

PatsRule New Member

Ok after reading this diatribe are you putting Mangini and Belichik on the same level.?

Using the garbage I just read then Belichik was not outcoached in Foxboro on nov 12th the Jets just outplayed the Pats..

This game was a classic case of a battle tested veteran playoff team vs a young inexperienced team..

I told you guys that win in Foxboro Nov 12th by the Jets sealed your playoff hopes.No way does a better team with the best coach and QB lose twice at home..

As far as the Coaches go Mangini was schooled yesterday, he went with same game plan as he did in November and hoping for the same result..You all saw what Belichik and Brady did to your Blitz packages he read them like a book,there were no adjustmens after the first half after it was clear it was not working..

7. zoostation

zoostation New Member

because the law of averages says a team plays 8 games between each other the less talented team will still win 1 or 2. (but not in the playoffs!)

8. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

I agree with a lot of what your saying here, but our gameplan was NOT the same, same concept but different schemes. It did not take a genius(or a BB) to realize that the Jets can only pressure the QB with heavy blitzing with our current pesonel. So all you have to do is zone block, which they did not do in Nov. and get the ball out quick. The Jets had single coverage all day long, and Brady only had 212 yds passing. By no means did Mangini get "schooled" yesterday, you may be nervous cause you realize he is that good. Like I have been saying, wait until he gets his own guys in here to play his scheme, then we can give you twenty more different looks.

9. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Most of your post I would agree with, but not with EM getting schooled. They did the job they had to do, we just didn't have the horses to win the race. We got beat by a better team is all. Pats fans can be happy, the dynasty is still lingering, but there is little doubt out there that the Jets are going to get stronger and be a thorn to the Pats for the next few years.

10. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Out of the 4 playoff games this weekend which teams did you feel were better coached?

11. Francis_Cole

Francis_Cole Active Member

Everyone's acting like a rookie head-coach being out-coached by one of the best coaches of our generation - and most likly someone who is heading for the HOF - is somthing to be embarssed at, and something we need to make excuses at to hide our shame.

12. PatsRule

PatsRule New Member

Not taking anything away from the Jets,they are a very good team and will only push New England to be better,the competition is good for both teams.

13. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

I dont think we were out coached at all, the game came down to two feild goals that should have been touch downs and a pick.That is life !

14. glenn212

glenn212 New Member

Because you post some negative garbage you think your being realistic. Actually more like you have no clue what your talking about. Anyone watching that game knew NE made a couple big plays in the 4th quarter to finally put it away. It was a 23-16 game at the 6 min mark..The facts show your post has ZERO validity!!

15. Dozer

Dozer Banned

Uh... the Patriots had three fieldgoals that could have been touchdowns.

The score would have been 49-28

16. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

isn't that what i said about why the pats would win this playoff game (more talent) in the other thread about a bet (you luckily didn't get raped on). that was quite the childish rant you let off. i had a good laugh when i read it. you were so sure that the jets were so much better than the pats that i had to challenge your homer views. you mentioned something about my only having 37 posts as if the # of posts = intelligence. (moronic). and then my spelling and punctuation. i guess you get some kind of award for that from our fellow jet fans. you need to study football a lot more (without the homer glasses).
    your last qoute above is about as intelligent as the one's you've made in the past and drove me to want to take you up with a bet. i like the direction the jets are going BUT, sweeping the pats next year is another pipe dream of yours. you do reallize they have 2 first round draft picks, right? and something like 5 or 6 day one picks. i'd like to take this opportunity to take another stab at a bet with you over your divine vision of a sweep of the pats. you name the figure, and i'll be more than happy to meet somewhere with the funds. i'll even spot you that measely 5 point spread you shrugged off, even though you stated how much better the jets were over the pats. i'm looking forward to your next wild/childish retort. also please take me up on the bet, please. it will be like stealing, easy money. i have a ranch i want to sell you also!!!!

17. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

In the end its real easy to bring that up but in the context of the game thats the the major area that made the game swing in the direction it did.If we come down and score and its 17-10 the game takes a different turn then when we come a way with three points. and before the pick there was still a chance of commin back or continuing to hang with the pats.(Thats if we scored) on that drive and or the second long drive in the fourth quarter uh...............So are you saying we were out coached?

#57 JUNJOBX2199, Jan 8, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  18. zoostation

zoostation New Member

The Patriots have made a lot of teams say things like that over the last 4 years. The fact is championship caliber teams get it done in the red-zone this time of year. The Patriots have an elite D that has only let up 10 passing TD's all season from the red-zone! If you can't run in the red-zone you will not score against them.

19. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

They have a much better QB, running backs and offensive line.

Without the QB, BB would still be searching for his first SB in my opinion. Exactly what gameplan are you talking about...stopping the running game which never existed? Stopping their running game when they already had rushed for over 150 a game 2 times? Beating our corners on sideline passes which has been happening since I was born?

Keeping Chad from beating them long considering he has one of the best arms in the NFL? Stacking the line because of lack of deep threat?

Tell me what gameplan he had that was so much different then the previous gameplans we have seen this year..what was different. What did the little genius have up his sleeve besides better talent.

20. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

10-4 I agree with that but my responce was for the guy who tried to shhot down my oppion on what the key poinyts were in the game that turned the tide in this one. We didnt get out coached we just failed to produce when needed. Out played maybe but NOT out coached!!!!