Thanks for Blowing it Vilma. - Merged

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetsrock16, Jan 7, 2007.

1. kgp77

kgp77 New Member

it the way you call me an idiot or a moron i knew it was you i was talking in the third person...listen you have made your point people dont agree with picking out on one player for the reason we lost and i disagree that is were the momentiom went as well

but i sent my apoligies you havent said sorry once for callign me a idoit or whatever else you have called me for not agreeing with you so whatever

2. Jetsrock16

Jetsrock16 New Member

well, ill tell you what, its a playoff game, we lost, im pissed off, and your reply to my thread to me just simply was so blatantly wrong its unbelievable, and if you go back in that thread, you'll know that you initiated the name calling, calling me a moron, etc in your first reply in the thread, and hence i fired back.

3. kgp77

kgp77 New Member

see im wrong when my only point back to you was this...picking out one player and blaming them for the loss as what i thought you were doing i dont agree with i dont think vilma is the villian for the loss..i agree he made a duff play is all i was doing

as far as this goes im going to go and talk positves in the other threads for next season i dont really argue with fellow jets fans so peace out

4. JetInAbsentia

JetInAbsentia New Member

I don't need to "forgive" Vilma for anything. He didn't do me any harm; I know that 9 times out of 10, he makes that sack. He's our star middle linebacker. That doesn't change the fact that he fucked up, in the same way as a runner making the third out at third base or Reggie Miller going for the layup instead of the dunk and getting punked by Tayshaun Prince. It was a bad play, and it cost his team.

You don't need to protect him from what he already knows.

5. Jetsrock16

Jetsrock16 New Member

ahh, so its my fault that you misinterpreted that i wasnt blaming only Vilma for the loss??????

6. kgp77

kgp77 New Member

you still here?

moved on boys

7. Jetsrock16

Jetsrock16 New Member

lol, cant make a cohesive point, so move on. good strategy

8. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Vilma had another horrible game this year. Him and Chad both suck.

9. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I felt that play was just an exampel of us givng them free points... it didn't cost us the game but Vilma made up for it by making Faulk it his lunch on the goalline.

10. Jetsrock16

Jetsrock16 New Member

Chad was fine today, the O Line played horrible, he was gutty, if he had the time that Brady did, who knows what, but he didnt, and he wasnt blitzed either, we gave the game to them by blitzing all game, when clearly we couldnt get to him. Chad is a good quarterback and a true leader, Vilma is alright, but highly overrated, the guy does NOTHING, i mean he simply doesnt make plays. yeah apparently he gets in on a lot of tackles, he never changes a game, he never rallies the defense, all he seems to do is talk a lot of smack on the field, other than that he is a ghost out there.

11. Jetsrock16

Jetsrock16 New Member

yep, figured you didnt have anything intelligent to offer on the subject, big shocker there.

12. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

Vilma didnt blow it the whole defensive front did. Lets face it, Kimo sucks and our LBs are very good. Although Chad had a good game from yardage perspective, he didnt convert when we were down in the red zone.

13. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

yeah, i agree, we just were in over our head but proud of how hard we tried.
    Fuck, the pats have 2 1st rounders. man, I'm depressed.

14. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

You couldn't just let this thread die. It was so close to being off the first page

15. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

It wasn't just the missed sack. Vilma had a bad game overall. I hope he can get back to form next year.

16. benyitz3

benyitz3 New Member

A single play that changed the course of the game. - Merged

Before the half Vilma going for a careless flailing strip when all we needed was him to lock up Brady's feet, immediatly cost us points but more importantaly made us play catch up for the rest of the game. Simply unacceptable. He needed to set himself and make a basic tackle. We could have been leading going into the half.

On the same vein he shouldn't have picked up that blocked FG in NE, which cost us 35 yards in field positon, negated the blocked kick, and cost us the game.

In the end the wiing team was the one that controlled the line of scrimage on both sides. Chad can't

But Kudos to Chad and Mangini on a hell of a ride. (yes in that order)

Like Patrick Ewing in his time, Chad is severely underapprecited. He's a leader and a winner. Tremendous confidence on every 3rd down. Not to mention, he carried us the entire season without a RUNNING GAME. Play after play with the Pats rushing 4 they collapsed the pocket played 7 in coverge and Chad picked them apart.

Qb's in the playoffs

(1) Brady (Chad had him throw for throw until that stupid fluke lateral)
    (2) Peyton
    (3) Chad
    (4) Hassleback (tremendously overrated, solid running game, misrebile divison gets them a home game in the pathetic NFC everyear, )
    (5) Romo-Garcia
    (6) Mcnair
    (6) Rivers (they will lose next week because of his inexperience)
    (7) Kyle Bowler
    (8) toss up - Trent Green and every backup

Everone have a happy off season,

17. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

I would put Hassleback ahead of Chad at this point. Hassleback is a pretty good QB.

18. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

You think that was the game changing play? Not the Chad "fumble" pass?

19. benyitz3

benyitz3 New Member

that more a consequence of a good play by the Pats DE, a bit fluky, maybe Chad has some blame

nevertheless, the Vilma miss tackle is unexplainable and made us play catch up the whole way.

Matt can make all the throws, but he needed the MVP in the league and the worst divison to advance in the playoffs. In either case if you watch Matt on a consistant basis it's pretty self evident.

You need to talk to non-Jets fans to appreciate Chad

20. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Jay, youre fighting a losing battle.....I have given up trying to tell some people that vilma is not a game changin player....he had a monster game according to some of you guys??? monster game??? they ran on us at will, vilma could not have had a monster game. Watson made 3 or 4 huge receptions. Vilma could not have had a monster game.....vilma missed a gigantic sack. he could not have had a monster game...please stop that bullshit