Elijah Moore Requests a Trade

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFOREVER, Oct 20, 2022.

1. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

You mean trading for a new QB? :p

2. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Moore should be in the slot in 3 WR sets.

Only NYJ would spend 2 2nd round premium drafts pick opportunities (Mims and Moore) and completely and f—k it up.

Cman68 and apjbfc like this.
  3. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

No. Trading for a veteran line backer like Conklin or Tunsil.

4. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

It was a joke lol

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  5. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

He seems like a distraction right now, and we are not using him even with Davis out. It looks like things have not been patched up. Once Davis get healthy he should probably be inactive if not traded by Tuesday.

6. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

That makes sense. OLine continues to stink while we had Moore on active roster not used at all. Maybe there is something in the works. At least I hope so, otherwise looks like we just lost production from a good player for nothing.

BleedJetsGreen1981 and LAJet like this.
  7. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

After that postgame interview of his, put him on the inactive list for the rest of the season and then give him a choice of a couple of teams (Washington, Houston, Carolina) he can be traded to sometime after training camps have started next season.

8. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Seems like everyone is against Moore here. I get his frustration and I think we're too offensively challenged to just let good players leave.

apjbfc likes this.
  9. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

I’m worried he’s not just an unproductive player, but a potentially malignant one. How can he possibly think that by saying that it’ll do anything but hurt us?

He’s talented, sure, but he’s not an all world talent. We can replace him.
    goodbye.

jets_fan likes this.
  10. jets_fan

Completely agreed.

And while our offensive problems are obviously much deeper than Moore's lack of targets and production, I don't think it's entirely coincidental that our real struggles here lately began once he began demanding a trad and all of that. Sometimes that kind of negativity has a habit of spreading, especially when things are going well for a team that usually doesn't enjoy the kind of success the Jets were having over the past month.

Stevied likes this.
  11. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

From listening to him, it sounds like there's stuff going on behind the scenes. What it is, I don't know, but we've seen G Wilson throw his hands up in frustration a couple of times. I suspect the WR room is not happyland. Pure speculation on my part.

12. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I think our struggles coincide with losing Hall and AVT. The passing attack has looked this bad all year.

13. Stevied

100%

14. Stevied

I don’t doubt it. Those guys haven’t been getting the ball this year, nobody should be happy.

15. jets_fan

That's the main reason, I absolutely agree. The negative attention that Moore has brought to the team over the past week-plus, though, certainly doesn't help the situation any, though. It's an even worse look when he's all about "me" when his teammates are going down with injuries left and right.

Jedi mind tricks likes this.
  16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Trading Moore would be a bad move if it’s anything less than a first or second. The Jets offense is trash and the player is under team control for several more years.

Y’all want to get rid of talent we have on that side of the bell? We’d also be selling way too low.

17. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I think I would take a 2 for Moore at this point. If he isn't going to help us, then what's the point of keeping him?

It would be selling low compared to 5 weeks ago, but the stock might not get much better.

In a perfect world, we figure out how to make it work with him though.

18. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

The QB is the main problem. Ours targeted the Pats secondary and the turf more than he did Moore.

Moore needs and attitude adjustment but I think he knows his production is screwed playing with Zach Wilson.

Nyjets4eva and Red Menace like this.
  19. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

We can’t give up on ZW yet and throw him in the cages. He s our QB. It’s going to be part of the growing pains. Yes he has been inconsistent. Just like any good QBs in the league, they throw a clunker here in and there. He was bad yesterday. Time to move on.
    We re 5-3 and more likely will be 5-4 before bye week. That’s ok. We re still in this. We just got to hope that we get our running game going and hope ZW doesn’t throw multiple iINTs again.
    I will say this though no excuses for ZW, poor blocking, no rushing, poor receiver routes, etc. he simply has to play better.

And for Moore, they have to get him some targets. I think it’s silly to trade him unless he s giving up.

#839 MDJets, Oct 31, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
  20. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Big agree on this. Anything less than a 2 and I’m out on it. I would like to assume we get more for Moore than the Giants got for Toney