Elijah Moore Requests a Trade

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFOREVER, Oct 20, 2022.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

In a mushroom cloud.

K'OB likes this.
  2. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Ja'marr Chase is sideline for the next 4-6 weeks from a hip injury. Bengals might be desperate enough to give us a 2nd rounder for Moore at this point.

SOJAZ likes this.
  3. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

If we can work this out…and I think Moore in the slot makes a ton of sense…then I’d rather keep Moore than trade him

KingRoach, NCJetsfan and papapump like this.
  4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

It really depends on what the CS feels is better: Moore or GW in the slot. Most of us think Moore in the slot makes more sense, but there must be other factors involved that we're not seeing. Or maybe we're just smarter than MLF!:D

5. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

What about Denzel Mims then? for maybe a 5th

6. ColoradoContrails

After Sunday, I'm pretty sure Mims will be moved if JD can get anything for him. He had a golden opportunity to show he belongs but didn't do much with it, and in fact made some pretty glaring mistakes. Maybe not fair to judge him on one game against a tough defense, but if they're going to keep Moore I don't see how Mims fits in with their plans.

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

It was Mim's down field block that sprung Hall lose on his 62 yard TD scamper. Without Mim's block, Hall's run woulda gone for maybe 20 yards. If we're going to stay a run first team, then Mim's down field blocking is just as valuable as Moore's one or two targets a game. Maybe more valuable. Plus Mims is probably penciled in as Corey Davis' replacement next season.

8. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

That may have been the plan originally but Mims is going to have to show ALOT of progress between now and next year to replace Davis in 2023.

9. ColoradoContrails

Even a blind pig finds an acorn now and then. I'm not saying Mims is trash, but he obviously doesn't fit into whatever role they want to him to play, and I think if they can get something for him before the trade deadline they'll move him. Just my opinion. If they decide to keep him and continue trying to develop him that's fine too, but he's had 2 full seasons plus whatever he's played or done in practice this year to "get it". Will he? If I were a betting man I'd bet no.

LogeSection2RowJ likes this.
  10. Footballgod214

LOL. So you don't know what role they have for him, but you're sure he doesn't fit it.

11. ColoradoContrails

May sound contradictory, but isn't really. IDK what they want him to do, but at the same time it doesn't look like he does either, or he's not able to perform in that way. Does he look comfortable out there to you?

#791 ColoradoContrails, Oct 27, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2022
  12. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

He’s been a disappointment that’s for sure …showed alot of promise in 2020 then in 2021 fell into the doghouse of the new coaching staff and hasn’t been able to recover as of yet.

13. Footballgod214

You do realize these were the first NFL snaps he's taken in almost a year, right?

14. ColoradoContrails

I'm not the one who has to be convinced he's any good. Apparently the ones he has to convince haven't been yet, regardless of how much he's played. IDK why that is, but he was given a chance on Sunday to play an while he made a key block for Breece's run, he also made some mistakes. There's a trading deadline approaching, and if JD can get something for him I expect him to be traded.

cval likes this.
  15. Footballgod214

I guess that's where we differ...I expect Mims to be an important part of the team moving forward. We've been so void of true WR talent for so long, I don't the fans who want to ship Mims and Moore out on a whim. It's taken us 10 years to get loaded on top WR talent, and now folks want to trade it away! to me, just crazy.

16. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

You don't trade with the AFC.

17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Again the bold is an example of their trying to shove a square peg into a round hole. Rather than adapting their offense to what he can do well, they're trying to force him into a certain role. He really has not had 2 full seasons. Last year he never had a chance between food poisoning, missing the installation of the offense in the early stages in OTAs and TC, then being asked to do the ridiculous, rather than being helped by being given a set of plays in which he could contribute. Mims may never had amounted to much anyway, but it's the principle of his arrogance regarding the "scheme" rather than living up to what he claimed that he was going to do when hired and adapt the scheme to the talents of his players.

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

For all intents and purposes, Mims is a rookie in this scheme. He has never had a chance with MLF. Last year was a wash. This was his first time being active this year. How many times was he targeted? I'll bet that it was less than 5 times. It's hard to get into the flow and contribute when you're nervous, probably like Zach playing not to screw up, rather than relaxing and letting his talent take over. I hope that Mims does get traded. He deserves a shot on another team, and I don't believe that MLF will ever give him a fair shot. It sounds more and more like MLF has a doghouse or has his favorite players and if you aren't one of them, you're screwed.

Cman68 likes this.
  19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

That makes perfect sense and is quite believable. The Jags weren't actively looking to move Robinson but the Jets called and made an offer they could not refuse.

Surely you're not equating that to a scenario where Pederson announced "Moving Robinson is not an option" but then went and called the Jets to make a trade for Robinson, are you?

Certainly the Queen's English and American English are not that far apart.

20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Dude, I don't think a 6th rd pick is "an offer they could not refuse"

Acad23 and Attackett like this.