So, what now about Clemens?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

Clemens won't get his shot until Chad gets hurt and Clemens come's in and plays VERY WELL. If he comes in and sucks it up they will rush to get Chad back in there....if Clemens plays well I would expect something similar to what happenned to Leftwich to occur here.

2. A.C.E.S

A.C.E.S New Member

As long as Chad is healthy hes going to start.

3. Sean_in_titletown

Guys, Pennington is good. What he accomplished this year with 2 rookie o-lineman, no running game, and a shorthanded receiving core is remarkable. Take it from a non Jets fan..I would be thrilled to see Clemens in there next year..I'll leave it at that... Plus, with all of the complextites of Schottenheimers system, do you really want to handicap the playbook because of a first year starter? Not all QB's can handle that system...

4. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

pennington will have the job next year.

i hate to say it but i do want clemens to have a shot at the job. i want change at the qb spot. i just have a feeling clemens can excel in shottys offense, hes perfect. i look at clemens like a pennington with more arm strength.

5. Sean_in_titletown

i look at clemens like a pennington with more arm strength.

Based on what?

6. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I hate to agree but I do. We're all excited to some point to see what KC can do if given the shot...

7. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

his intangibles coming out of college. and the fact that hes learned from him for a year. i dont know though we'll see.

8. Chrisn777

Chrisn777 New Member

you guys are seriously underestimating pennington, stats =/= winning, i could see us completely bombing out with kellen especially if our defense doesn't improve next year or so.

9. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

It will once again be an open battle in Training Camp; but this time it is Penninton's to lose. If Clemens outplays him, then I think that he will get teh starting nod.

10. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

After this season, Pennington deserves the job next year. He's been great all season and his arm might even be stronger next year.

11. Borgata

Borgata Active Member

Even though it was garbage time and the Patriots were just playing zone, I loved how we kinda spread the offense out and had chad throwing some real passes at the end of the game. But you'd have to think with another offseason Chad should get abit stronger and with a year of this offense under his belt and the rest of the offense, we should see the Jets fielding abetter offense next year.

12. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Not that this was a red zone issue, but I saw a post game interview with Asante Samuel (local television for me). He was asked about his interception, and Asante said something like, "The ball just seemed to hang up there forever."

I think, just today, I've figure out that, with Chad, you WILL have an interception at some point the result of a weaker arm. The REAL question is whether or not your team has enough to overcome that one mistake. I don't think that one mistake was the difference today. As a team, I think, on a scale of 5, New England is a 4, and we are a 3.5. Plus, the coaching difference showed today. But, Chad's weaker arm is the true difference between Brady and Pennington. Their competitive spirit is, in my mind, almost identical. Physically, Chad's just a notch below. There's nothing that can change that.

13. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

GREAT GAME? without COTCHARY's 77 yards, he threw for 220! Minus the sack yardage and the INT for a TD and you say he had a great game! I just do not see it. He limits us in what we can do and will be very expensive next year for us to play and be limited!

14. bigjetfan10

bigjetfan10 New Member

this team rolls with pennington.... and shottenheimers offense is perfect for him

15. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

Oh here we go again with the whole yards after the catch don't count. Give me a break.

He played very well, without any type of running game, like he has done all year. Not being able to run the ball is the thing that limits this offense, passing is the only thing we can do.

16. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

Exactly, Sundayjack. There is absolutely no other way to put it. I'm putting this as my signature, dude.

17. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Brady had 212 yards, what's your point? Passing yards are not the benchmark. Pennington was the only one keeping the offense alive. The running game did nothing, but the offense was still moving the ball.

18. Rhodes_25

Rhodes_25 New Member

Hhejkhnjgnklrjkrhnkrhrkhnjhb!

#38 Rhodes_25, Jan 7, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2007
  19. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

That's fine. But people who read that sentence in a vacuum will take it as a knock on Chad. My preference would be to include the sentence just before it also, pointing out that they have the same competitive nature.

20. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

Haha, alright Jack. Just post exactly what I may put on as the sig. :wink: