Elijah Moore Requests a Trade

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFOREVER, Oct 20, 2022.

1. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Do I KNOW? Of course not, what's your point? Rapoport is the most connected NFL reporter on the planet along with Schefter. He basically never gets stories like this wrong. We have way more reason to think Moore actually did request a trade than not.

Do you not believe anything unless you have firsthand knowledge of it?

2. burf

burf Well-Known Member

A source(s) told him something. I've worked in the media, with reporters, etc. Their sources get it wrong sometimes. While I'm only speculating, I suspect his source wasn't Moore, Saleh, MLF, or JD.
    I'll wait to see how things play out over the next few days.
    Aside from that, so many here, who are attacking Moore, are reacting emotionally the same as Moore reacted on Sunday. The irony.

NCJetsfan and Ralebird like this.
  3. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

But he is not seasoned. He is in his second year. And what is a scripted play? What does that even mean. Does it mean we score the first time we have the ball like we did in what, 7 games in a row with Gase. Cause if thats what scripted is, I don't see davis and Berrios heavily involved in the first series of downs.

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Can't have anything nice, this is a very selfish move by Eli

5. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Meh. MLF is NOT a good playcaller yet. but he's a creative play designer. His situational awareness on the play calling needs to get better. I think what happens is we have the polar opposite of the Gase. Gase knew how to scheme but lack any real in-game adjustments especially due to his stubbornness. MLF adjusts in the 2nd half, and figures out what in the playbook can be used exploit what he's seeing.

But his plays are not necessarily working - we just have a lot of great talent. The Breece Hall trap was actually a Hall hand-off then pitch to Wilson who was supposed to throw to Braxton, the entire play was dead, and Breece turned it out a TD run. You can't give that to MLF on playcalling at all. Couple with the ST scoring a TD. So MLF offense only scored 13 pts against GB.

So....MLF is NOT a good playcaller yet.

Nyjets4eva, burf and zace like this.
  6. burf

burf Well-Known Member

So silence is confirmation... interesting.

7. BrooklynJetsFan

Stuff like Hand-offs to Braxton on reverses. Moore did that last year and was successful. They haven't given him one this year.

8. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I know what you said, thats my point. Why shouldnt he get the benefit of the doubt if he gets his shit together? Im not saying kiss his ass unconditionally.

He def made a mess by his behavior, hes likely to be deactivated this week. That's a loss of pay. If he doesnt learn after that....well then hes made his own bed.

KY Jets Fan and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. zace

zace Well-Known Member

And his constant 3rd and short empty backfield calls make me scream wtf are you doing. He doesnt set his players up for success at all. Theyre winning in spite of him.

10. bleedgreen

17 points. And If you are directing the comment to me, I never said MLF was a good playcaller. I said why have a beef with him when the team is 3-0 under ZW and scoring points. I would love someone to find any comment I made saying he is a good playcaller. It remains to be seen if we have great talent. I hope we do, but lets take Moore as an example. I though he was very good last year and could develop into a major talent. Seems I was wrong. Scheme or he just isn't really that good? There is only 1 football and all the players want it.

11. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

If I were a player that was being criticized the way that Moore is because of a report that I was demanding a trade, if that report wasn't true, I'd be running to the nearest camera or journalist I could find to refute it. The fact that he's not doing that, nor is the team saying anything, speaks volumes.

REVISion likes this.
  12. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Read your own post. It was implied, doesnt have to be explicitly stated.

13. bleedgreen

How wiil you know he has "learned"?

14. burf

burf Well-Known Member

It speaks volumes to you. Me, I don't hear anything, & don't read minds. Tomorrow, I'm sure, I'll hear something.

15. zace

zace Well-Known Member

We wont unless he comes out and says it and shows it. Unfortunately thats the reality of it.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. BrooklynJetsFan

He was literally drafted for this scheme by MLF recommendation. MLF was quoted saying I can't believe he fell on Draft day.

17. bleedgreen

I'll say it again. What is your beef with MLF? Please tell me which play call in the last game you would have done differently, even given the benefit of hindsight. If players were robots and the machine under which they were working was inefficient, I could blame the engineer. I have NO IDEA AND I BET NEITHER DO YOU, whether or not a play failed cause of execution or strategy, unless it is absolutely obvious like the QB sneak last year.

Noam likes this.
  18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This whole situation makes no sense.

I think Elijah's problem is the jack-of-all-trades thing, he's probably never the hot read because he's not the top player at any of the 3 receiver positions right now.

I'm still interested in knowing what incident led up to Elijah being sent home from practice, besides some vague allusion to an argument.

#178 abyzmul, Oct 20, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2022
  19. bleedgreen

Hasn't berrios scored 2 td's and thrown for 1 in 5 games? Are you criticizing berrios for this?

KY Jets Fan and K'OB like this.
  20. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Isn't it?

Let's assume Moore didn't ask to be traded, you don't think he's been made aware of this story by now? And if he is aware of it, and didn't actually do it, why wouldn't he come out and refute it? Would you sit idly by as everyone trashed you over a lie?

So yeah, the overwhelmingly logical conclusion is that he did indeed ask to be traded.

KY Jets Fan, Nyjets4eva and jets_fan like this.