COLD CASE: Elijah Moore (SOLVED)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, Sep 25, 2022.

1. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

Thanks. I always enjoy reading your insightful posts also.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

excellent post.

And it shows continued growth With the coaching staff. We play to the matchups. The past few teams had strong secondaries so the Jets went to their versatility and threw 2 TE looks with our two solid blocking TE’s and mauled teams on the ground.

ColoradoContrails and Noam like this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'm not as down on MLF and the game plans as you are. I think they're trying to account for the patched up OL, and Zach being relatively new to many of his weapons, as they are with him. Plus they're accounting for the style of defense they're facing. I do think they went a little too conservative to start the game yesterday, and maybe stressed caution too much with Zach given GB's strong defense, especially their secondary, but they're winning, he's learning, and facing adversity and not getting down on himself. As he matures and gets more faith in himself and his teammates, I think you'll see things open up. The thing is that Zach possesses incredible ability and arm strength, so it's only a matter of time. For those who don't believe that, I offer the evidence that Rodgers thinks highly of him as well - do you think he would give the time of day to a scrub?

Watch the games or at least the video breakdowns closely and you'll see what I'm talking about.

KingRoach likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm not really down on them. In another post, I pointed out that in fairness to Saleh and MLF they may be playing conservatively because the OL hasn't gelled yet due to injuries; that Zach, Wilson, and Moore may not be on the same page due to his injury and missing time; the defenses they have been facing; and the pressure on Saleh to produce wins, rather than just on developing Zach and the other young players. I was just using that to explain why Zach isn't lighting things up.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Awesome. Learned something new. Thanks to edray now I am know more shit on offense than all of you and MLF!!!! Just kidding! There s a lot I don’t know about football….

6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Doesn't mean shit if ZW doesn't get the ball to him..

york61, papapump, Ralebird and 2 others like this.
  8. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

If you look back at yesterday's game there was a play where Wilson scrambled outside the pocket and threw an incomplete pass to G Wilson, you could see Moore WIDE OPEN in the middle of the field. Zach still struggles finding his receivers.

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Zach still locks in on certain guys like Davis and Wilson. Every now and then he'll feed the TE's but for some reason, since the arrival of GW, EM has been an afterthought. I don't blame the young man for being upset BUT, you handle that privately with Zach, not on twitter. That's the sorta shit that got Becton all twisted up.

mute, papapump, NCJetsfan and 3 others like this.
  10. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

That's cause when he has to read more than 1 progression he becomes indecisive.
    I've noticed almost every time he's indecisive he is late on delivering.
    Sometimes he'll have the one right there and waits till too late in the route...
    CONSTANTLY doing this and I haven't seen one reporter or analyst bring it up.

Hey, He can look like CRAP and we win I'm good.
    But this alternate fan reality is unreal. There's a new way of thinking in this world where they will gaslight you to death before they admit to anything even if it's true and factual..

11. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Zach has never saw the field well yet. If his 1st read isn't open, he rarely progresses to the 2nd or 3rd and still deliver a well timed ball. At this point he's a game manager-type QB, who can improvise outside the pocket for Year 2, and has a nice release/arm, and in reality – that's what probably we need to get to the playoffs. I wouldn't ask more of him right now. Saleh and MLF are doing the right thing. WINNING.

...and the sacrifice is we underutilize our young WRs because of it. It sucks for them, and this can turn into a Baker Mayfield situation pretty quickly if ZW doesn't get it together. He's still inconsistent with this accuracy, and he tries to play hero ball at least once or twice a game.

The crazy thing, with the OLine healthy, and let's say we do end up making the playoffs. Joe Flacco/Mike White can probably turn it into a Nick Foles type situation. At the current moment, Zach won't be able to handle Buffalo, NE, or any other top D once game is on the line.

I reserve the right for things to change – and Zach can make it all start clicking, but it's unlikely for Year 2, since his season started off bad with the knee injury. Saleh needs to win most importantly to keep his job cozy.

Agree with it or not....That means Zach pays game manager for 2022.

twown likes this.
  12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You're 100% correct, as far as you went - but Moore went farther, and over the line, in going public. He's part of a team and you can't always get what you want - suck it up!

twown likes this.
  13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Seems to me that that's part of the reason for keeping the new stat.

Cman68 and twown like this.
  14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

And that hesitation is probably the reason he throws so many balls behind his receivers.

Drives me fucking nuts...:mad:

15. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

What ever the position they have him lined up at he needs to get the ball. Moore has speed that few others in this league have. At the minimum Wilson can check it down to him and he can do the rest. It is not a good look that a talented player like Moore not be given the opportunities. Although we ran over the Packers our passing game needs alot of work. We are quite a bit a way from competing with the Bills. I'm hoping that the next ga

Jets79 and Royal Tee like this.
  16. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

17. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I'm all confused after reading that or dat?

mute likes this.
  18. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Someone finally took up the torch for Robbie.

MoWilkBeast, mute, K'OB and 1 other person like this.
  19. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

He game managed us to 14 straight points in the 4th quarter of the Pittsburgh game.

20. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

You lost all credibility here. We saw Flacco for 3 weeks. He was fucking trash. I'm good.