Thanks for Blowing it Vilma. - Merged

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetsrock16, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Jetsrock16

Jetsrock16 New Member

the play where he didnt sack Brady turned the game around, if he just wraps him up and then they punt maybe its a different game. also, nice defensive gameplan, its obvious they can pick up the blitz, so keep doing ineffictive blitzes anyway. nice job not going for it on 4th and 2 on the first drive of the second half, nice kickoffs Nugent.

2. southwestjet

southwestjet New Member

Vilma didn't blow shit, there's alot more that happened besides that shit.l :mad:

3. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

You can't rest the blame on any one player in this game. It was a total team effort and we showed a lot of heart. We made a few stupid plays and that hurt us. Remember that Vilma made an outstanding play on the goal line while singlehandidly stopping the run. If we had stopped them on the PA pass the next play Vilma would have been the hero

4. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

I was pissed about the play too, but that by no means blew the game.

5. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Somebody needs:

a) some perspective; and

b) anger management.

6. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

You cant just blame it on Vilma, what about the missed coverage by Chatam or the td allowed by Eric Smith. These things happen every game

7. jetman8094

jetman8094 New Member

If you aren't proud of this Jets team this year then you just don't get.

8. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Vilma did not "Blow" the game for the Jets. Yah that was the dumbest move he could have done in that situation, and I can not defend him in the least, but there was bigger reasoning on WHY the Jets lost today.

Crazy how Penny actually has a really good game, and is the one thing that everyone was worried about. We were worrying about which Chad would show up, Bad Chad, or Good. Instead good Chad shows up, and everything else that was VERY consistent through the regular season sputtered. Funny...

9. nyscene911

nyscene911 Active Member

So that play is the difference in the game rather than the fumble, the three times in the red zone with no TD's, etc.

:rolleyes:

10. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

You watched a Pats team that is simply better at the point of attack on both sides of the ball coupled with by far the best QB in the league put enormous pressure on the Jets to play an absolutely perfect game. Interesting that Vilma and Pennington made two of the dumb game killing plays but maybe that has more to do with those guys trying to do to much in the face of superior talent?

We are rebuilding and we showed we arern't completely overmatched even though we got spanked today. A little more strength on both lines, a solid inside running game and 2 less mistakes and maybe we can play with the Pats.

11. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

No we were stil in the game till Brick fucked up and didn't block that end correctly, that play changed the game, we were moving the ball for a score.

12. Jetsrock16

Jetsrock16 New Member

notice how i said maybe the game turns out differently. football is a game of momentum, not that hard to comprehend

13. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

That wasn't even one of the top 3 momentum-shifting plays in the game.

14. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

I wouldnt say that was an easy play for Vilma on the angle he was forced to take..I will say this though, Vilma aint no superstar...and its getting late. Have no idea where he was on some of those runs up the middle and didnt see him near Brady much.

Im just totally not sure where any of the linebackers were today...but Vilma is our 'star' according to some....hes not a star.

15. chris66

chris66 Member

what game were you watching Vilma had a monster game

16. jaywayne12

Please explain this. Please give me the play that stopped a drive..or the sack that changed a drive...or crucial tackle for a loss..please tell me a couple plays.

How could you have watched this game and say the words "monster game".

17. nyscene911

nyscene911 Active Member

I wouldn't say he had a monster game, but he had a very big 3rd down stop down near the goal line to hold the pats to a FG (if I remember correctly)

18. NYJ4LF

NYJ4LF Member

Some fan you must be. You are going to blame the entire game on one play? It takes a total team effort to win a playoff game, especially in an electric house like Foxboro. The bottom line is, yes, we're all disappointed that the Jets lost but that does not take away from the excellent season that they put together. Everyone projected them to be at the bottom of the AFC East and they proved them all wrong. This gives us something to build on for next season. I think the Jets played a great game today, it was just a couple of plays that opened the game up and basically ended our run to San Diego. So instead of picking apart one player how about stopping to think about what kind of season we had!!

19. jaywayne12

In fact...give me one game this year that he had this so called "monster game". Im going to stop there..because some posters that blindly put this guy in the hall of fame better start back tracking....I have no problem at all doing that now.

20. Tennessee Jet

Tennessee Jet New Member

How about:

(c) to relax and