For the JD critics.....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJ1970, Sep 3, 2022.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Jack Bower the Movie was better

NYJ1970 likes this.
  2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

There is not a single person on this board who's nostalgic for Idzik.

3. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

You should probably reply to their posts then?

You reply to me and make some dumb statement about being jealous you made a thread saying "you're all just butt hurt you didn't create the thread," but I'm supposed to automatically think you're speaking to other people? Also hey, not one person in planet Earth cares you made this thread.

#263 JackBower, Sep 12, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
  4. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I haven't agreed with many of JDs high picks but its not his fault when we don't use them correctly. Yesterdays gameplan was tailor made for Wilson and yet we gave more snaps to Davis/Berrios. We drafted a shut down corner in the top 5 and play zone? IMO our CS is doing a worse job utilizing our picks than Adam Gase. I'm currently interviewing for new avatars.

SOJAZ, blackssmagic and Red Menace like this.
  5. JackBower

Hey you should tell us more about how you know Wilson is a bust after seeing him in 4 plays in the preseason his 2nd year or how "Dabole" just knows how to win after probably not watching one full Giants game. We all appreciate your ability to make broad conclusions with no data, you're amazing.

#265 JackBower, Sep 12, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
    bicketybam likes this.
  6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

These JETS usually crash n burn....

7. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

Everybody has their opinion that's why it's called a message board. You should understand this is a place for opinions about our team. If you don't like them? You're perfectly welcome not to read them.....

SOJAZ likes this.
  8. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

I have to admit this thread does look pretty absurd right now. However, the story is not over yet. Remember JD is still our GM. I have reservations of Robert Saleh and I think it's people start to acknowledge it. He needs to get his act together. IMO, yesterday's debacle falls on his shoulders squarely.

SOJAZ, blackssmagic and NYJetsO12 like this.
  9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Maybe take that onboard yourself.

JackBower likes this.
  10. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

You can only point the finger at your predecessors for so long until people realize that the blood is on your hands.

11. JackBower

Thanks for breaking down the inner workings of a forum.

My opinion is that some opinions stink, and are based on emotion of wanting to see a particular person fall due to not agreeing they should have been hired/signed/drafted.

12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

How it started: "JD Critics Need to STFU"

How it's going:

SOJAZ, Cman68, Ralebird and 4 others like this.
  13. JackBower

Amazing

14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

But power rankings are supposed to start from number one.

15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

And we should all just STFU because you're okay with how things are going. Got it.

16. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I'm fine giving Douglas a pass for every year up to this one. He inherited an awful team that needed to be rebuilt from the ground up. And he's made a lot of very good moves on the margins where you get the sense he's competent.

This is the year where I start judging him on wins and losses and performance. Don't need a playoff appearance. Just want a competitive football team that is improving. Maybe we'll get that. Maybe we won't. But this is his team now. It's a young team, so there will be growing pans, but these are his players and his coach. Not overreacting off Week 1, but it's fair to point out his flaws, like not addressing backup OT until camp, not upgrading the 2nd safety spot, and his terrible 2020 draft.

There's more good than bad with Douglas, but it's time this team starts reflecting that on the field.

SOJAZ, Attackett, Brook! and 3 others like this.
  17. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I agree…we’ll said

I also like JD but I have two major complaints

first, I hated relying on Becton and to the surprise of NO ONE except maybe JD and Saleh, it came back to bite him. He should have either resigned Moses (not buying the BS excuse that he wanted to play for a winner…if we wanted him we could have made an offer he would have accepted…it’s ALWAYS about the money), or if passing on resigned Moses then we should have used a higher pick on a tackle as there were three tackles drafted in the top ten…not sure if they all pan out but it would’ve been smarter than relying on a player whose missed more games then he’s played in two years and showed plenty of signs that he isn’t a reliable option. I like the Brown signing based on his past but there is always risk with a 37 year old player. This whole thing was just poorly managed. For the OL to be in this poor state three years into his tenure when he preaches the trenches and is supposed to be an OL guru is a big black mark on him. He spent too much time in the earlier years signing fair to poor stopgap free agents and so we are still building. To me this is the biggest criticism I have. I can’t help pointing out that Tannenbaum gave us a top 5 OL in ONE offseason by drafting Brick and Mangold and signing Faneca and Woody. One year. It can be done. Maybe not in one single year but three offseason should be enough.

the other criticism I have is really more of an incomplete and that’s around Zach as I’m not convinced he will be a great QB. I saw too many poor throws and so while I get he was surrounded by scrubs and a rookie staff, so I’m willing to give him a fair shot, I’m just not really sold yet. Not as big a criticism of JD for me as Zach may develop, but there were certainly other options on the table with that second pick that many here were advocating, so we’ll see how It turns out.

but overall I do think he’s been our most competent GM since Tannenbaum. I like his trades, I like how our depth has improved, etc. a few nitpicks in that I would’ve kept Pinnock over Joyner or else over one of our 25 DL, but I’m not going to crucify him over that.

blackssmagic and Brook! like this.
  18. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

He's not above criticism. He's had some serious blunders. I'm a JD fan, but I'm not going to pretend that he hasn't made mistakes. I like a lot of what he did (or tried to do), but some of the misses have been bad. Kicker and punter should have both been addressed, and it may have cost the fans a competitive game Sunday.

If I were in charge, I wouldn't be willing to fire him unless I knew there was a proven commodity out there who was willing to come to the Jets. I don't think he's bad enough to fire just to bring in some other teams assistant GM, that we have no insight to what his responsibilities are.

19. JackBower

I agree with most of this, but players don't always pick the money over a chance to win. Happens a good amount. Cousins picked the Vikings over the Jets and it was reported we offered more money.

If we threw stupid money at Moses where it would handicap us that would be a bigger problem.

20. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

It's going to be very tough for us to make a decision on JD's future with the team.

He's done a lot of good things. He's a wizard with trades and has had very solid drafts 2/3 years.

Unfortunately his whiffs have been on very important moves. Becton over Wirfs is having ripple effects to this day - we saw how weak our tackles were vs. the Ravens. OT should be an area of strength given all the resources pumped into it, yet it's persistently an area of weakness. It's too early to tell with Zach but he's trending more towards being a whiff than not. The same goes for Saleh.

So we have a GM who has likely missed on the two most important things for any franchise - the QB and coach. JD's done very well in most other areas other than OL. It's a tough call to make.

SOJAZ, Ralebird, Jets79 and 2 others like this.