Chris Streveler

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreenWhiteandGold, Aug 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I don't believe this guy is targeting me at all, I believe he has a problem that not everyone agrees with him; kind of like those who claim someone is looking for Wilson to fail if they report he threw a bad ball.

2. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

I honestly think some of y’all like to argue at times for no reason. Kinda wild to see y’all still talking about something that I wasn’t even serious about. Read what I said again to the original poster and then tell me where I targeting anyone or felt I was right? He literally made a statement about jets drafting crap QBs like they did it on purpose being sarcastic and I responded with saying some sarcastic comment back that he wasn’t a jets fan on a jets board. Some of y’all need to have a drink and get laid sometimes, if this team honestly makes you this miserable. I’ve never used the ignore button on here, I should maybe start looking into it.

KingRoach and cval like this.
  3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The way I see it the QB spot is just another position up for grabs

Of course the investment our GM has made in ZW and Joe F tends to belie that

But what Joe Douglas has hoped to happen at the Teams most important skill position hardly has materialized

Trevor Lawrence looked better than Zach so far in preseason and perhaps as a rookie as well

And Joe Flacco ? They got him out of the closet behind the mothballs

So why not Streveler beating the field on that Dark Horse.....??..

Keep him on NY Jets!!!! You let Bridgewater go to avoid a competition with Sam Darnold...how'd that work out for us ??

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

What's all this "y'all" crap? This is a New York Jets forum, not an Arkansas Razorbacks message board.

5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I lot of dynamics going on in your post. All good stuff.

You mention possibly Streveler could be the 'dark horse'. The 'guy'.

As soon as I read that it reminded me how a young Belichick put his faith behind a late 6th round pick who was the 4th QB during TC and made him the BU behind Bledsoe. Belichick got questioned for that decision at the time, and then kept Brady as his starting QB even when Bledsoe healed up. Bledsoe was the Pats HIGHLY PAID QB (highest paid QB at the time?), and to get replaced permanently by a late draft pick took balls.

The easy thing for Belichick would be to just go back to Bledsoe, since the Pats invested so much dough in him. Safe for Beli's career too. But Beli saw something in Brady that caused him to take the biggest gamble of his career.

6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

but wasn’t Zach doing pretty good in camp. He had a total of 5 passes in preseason lol.

7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Not exactly a ringing endorsement is it?

8. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

This is a good post. Let's give Wilson this upcoming season. Logically it can't be a one and done with this QB.

9. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Believing the history of past regimes has an everlasting affect on future teams, is in fact laughable and deserves a “lol”.

For some people -myself included- being a “fan” of something which brings you misery doesn’t make sense. Being a “fan” traditionally involves rooting for a team, not against… and ones constant complaining about a future that hasn’t happened can be perceived as “rooting against”.

We can agree to disagree about what being a fan is, but don’t act surprised when people who come to a fan message board are surprised/disgusted/insulted by how you and some others express their “fandom”.

Noam likes this.
  10. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

My son and I were talking about ZW trade value right now--I put it at about a 5th round pick. For all you with ZW hope, that's what we're riding with--the equivalent of 5th round QB pick.

11. K'OB

Wow, you could hide it a little better than that.

12. K'OB

A fan supports his team, regardless of what is going on on the pitch, if they come and go when things get better or worse then they are glory-hunting cunts.

See Manchester Utd fans for a prime example (bottom of the league btw I hope they get relegated, I'd love it if they got relegated, nearly as much as my own team winning the league, did I say love it enough?)

ColoradoContrails and ouchy like this.
  13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Because you and your son decided that?

OK... :confused:

14. KingRoach

If we’re randomly assigning value, can we get it from someone who’s opinion is respected?

Sec124DieHard and WilsonJetsFan like this.
  15. KingRoach

I 100% agree, Streveler is the next Brady.

WilsonJetsFan likes this.
  16. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

GFY smartass

17. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

It's out there for debate--you tell me what he's worth and let me criticize you.

18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

With all due respect, that's far less than Douglas got for Darnold. Moreover, they're not even close to thinking about trading him at this point. If and when they get to that point, JD would certainly be looking for assets that he could use to get another FQB, either by trade or the draft.

19. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Zach's first season was almost identical to Rosen's first season, and the Cards got a 2nd for him. Although most people thought Miami overpaid for Rosen and Zach has an injury history. I'd say he'd be worth a 4th, maybe a 3rd. It would be more valuable to stick with him and hope he pans out.

Acad23 likes this.
  20. Can Grande

Can Grande Active Member

Brady was a star in a big school program and on the national collegiate stage. This guy not so much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.