Let's talk WR's

Discussion in 'Draft' started by REVISion, Jan 5, 2022.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

many people felt ross would have been a 1st rounder if was able to come out after his 2019 season. sadly the spinal injury making him miss 2020 and coming back to a mess of an offense in 2021 his numbers dipped. I think he could be a sleeper in the 3rd as well. reminds me of an anquan bolden type.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Dude, come on. Their play style isn't even remotely similar. Watson is faster, quicker, more elusive, and he seeks to avoid contact. London is slower, less elusive, and seeks to inititiate contact. HUGE difference.

Noam likes this.
  3. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I'm watching more film on London and he's definitely lighter on his feet and more nimble than Burks. Burks is probably faster in a straight line but the difference in speed out of breaks with London is substantial. London always runs on the balls of his feet whereas Burks looks somewhat flat footed.

I'll be happy with Wilson or London but the more time that passes the more I'm convinced there's a significant drop off from London to Burks.

Noam likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

5. NCJetsfan

6. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

While it might involve some tough love for Zach, going into next season with our current receiving core plus a day three pick and / or a cheap free agent might be the smart move if the value isn't there this year.

JD already burned two second rounders and threw money at Davis and Berrios.

With plenty of other needs on both sides of the ball using the tenth overall pick on a WR seems like a luxury pick given the other players available (especially considering that we could trade up or down for a better value if the opportunity arises).

KingRoach likes this.
  7. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

We are one injury away from trotting out Jeff Smith again. That cannot happen under any circumstances. We need to know if Zach is the guy and do everything in our power to make sure he IS that guy.

The last time we waited for a WR we ended up with the worst WR in the class in Mims and missed out on a bunch of studs. We wouldn't have to spend #10 on a WR if we hit that 2020 WR pick.

8. James Hasty

If Zach is the guy he will make it work regardless.

Sanchez had an all star team and looked golden when he beat the Patriots in the snow.

I want the Zach to pull his weight.

REVISion and Red Menace like this.
  9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Tom Brady had zero weapons in his last season in New England. He looked like shit. People questioned if he was that guy still.

he goes to Tampa bay and ends up leading the league in yards touchdowns and attempts. Oh and wins another Lombardi.

Zach Wilson will never be Tom Brady. The goat couldn’t get it done with JAGS. How do you expect Zach Wilson too?

edit - Sanchez also looked like dogshit with a loaded team. He did himself no favors. That run game and D carried him and us in 09/10.

10. James Hasty

I was talking about Sanchez in a specific playoff game. One of the best times to be a Jet fan recently.

11. NCJetsfan

12. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

The Jets are at the Burks workout evaluating what to do with pick #35

Noam likes this.
  13. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I just don’t see a polished football player.. I really don’t like the way London takes big hits. Seems like he gets blown up a lot. Body positioning before a hit is an underrated trate football player either have or don’t have. Also, his hands aren’t great.. he drops a lot of balls or the just go right through his hands… it’s alarming. For me he’s a splash play red zone threat. I see Plaxico Burris that isn’t as polished. For me that’s a hard pass as I think Davis can easily play that role.

i think he will fall in the draft because of how raw he is and the injury history

14. REVISion

Davis might be able to play that role but there's basically no evidence from his career that says he can. He's never had more than 5 TD's in a season and he's not as tall nor as physical a player as London is.

15. Rockinz

Davis has been injury riddled.. that’s definitely a problem.. I feel that’s been the MO of our receiving core since the Decker/Marshal era. That’s why I’m so high on Burks the kid has been a machine for 3 years and is built thick. You also never really see him get blown up or get too shaken up. He was a 4 star recruit as well so he’s been a football player for a long time and has natural ability with angles to avoid the big hit. Where with London because he is so raw and originally a basketball player he doesn’t have that same polish and looks disjointed out there taking big hits. Plus he’s hurt with a broken ankle already.. he’s a land mine 100% in my mind.

16. REVISion

I don't like drafting guys with lengthy injury histories but I also don't like the idea of drafting less talented guys just because they're slightly more durable. London has had what, one significant injury during his college career?

17. Rockinz

He had multiple concussions and a broken ankle. My buddy who played at Toledo also was telling me this morning that London is a bust candidate for sure. He thinks Wilson and Williams are the best WRs in the class and Burks is 3rd.

London is going to drop like a stone in the draft I have a feeling as well. Possibly out of the first round.

18. REVISion

I can't find anything about multiple concussions, just that he entered concussion protocol once and didn't even miss any games because he was declared to be fine:

https://www.si.com/college/usc/football/usc-wr-drake-londons-injury-status-revealed

I guarantee London isn't getting out of the first round unless he runs terribly at his pro day, and probably not even then.

19. Rockinz

Watch his tape he had multiple concussions. Where literally he had to get scraped off the turf by his teammates. Then his ankle exploded…

On tape he looks like a 4.7 to 4.6 at best guy. I highly doubt he runs at his pro day.

20. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

treylon burks is going undrafted.