Gas prices - Price gouging??

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Cman68, Mar 8, 2022.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

What is the parallel event that’s happening on the right? Everyone was scrutinized on the right for whataboutism for all of Trump’s Presidency and now the same thing is happening on the other side.

The only way to effectively stop climate change, if it is in fact going to “end the world” is to stop birthing people across the entire globe. The world can make a cosmic change to so-called green energy, and it still won’t be enough, namely with China polluting the world at nearly a higher clip than the four countries below them combined. (https://www.statista.com/statistics/271748/the-largest-emitters-of-co2-in-the-world/)

The fact is that the progressives make a stupid fucking statement by doing this to everyone who isn’t banking $500K a year and that has nothing to do with Republicans.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The Parallel I was referring to is the politicians on the far right. Those two crazy broads who seem to suck the intelligence out of everyone who can hear them come to mind. They are the GOP's equivalent to AOC and "The Squad" who you really don't hear much from these days. The attacks on the GOP middle by those wanting to curry favor from you-know-who. The Left has its loonies too. Most of which are ideologically green millenials making damn good money for people their age. They could not be farther from Average Joe if they caught a rocket to the moon.

My point is, both sides have its share of loonies. The Left wants a green society no matter what the cost is to average Joe. The Right wants to antagonize a crazy dictator to the point of possibly starting WW III as long as its in Eastern Europe and not on Long Island.

Somewhere between all this lunacy is where we live today. Gets hard to filter out the noise sometimes.

papapump and stinkyB like this.
  3. Jonathan_Vilma

Just wait until all of Congress gets behind a no fly zone after Zelenskyy speaks to them today. I think there’s been a fair share of bipartisanship as far as pushing America to get more involved in Ukraine. It’s far from just the right.

4. Cman68

A No-Fly zone means War. If the US is ready for WWIII, great. Lets get it over with like we should have back in 1945. Make no mistake though, the first mushroom cloud will hover over NATO territory. It won't be long before Central Euro NATO nations come under attack as well as the Baltics.
    What is sad though, is this bloodlust rush to war is mostly driven by those too old to fight in it. If you think prices are high now, just wait until full scale war erupts on the European continent. Not to mention while Putin is keeping us busy in Europe, Ji will take Taiwan. If the oil from Europe is disrupted by war, where will we import from? Venezuela hates us but they need the cash so probably them. All those cheap products from China will vanish or get sent to the bottom of the Pacific by torpedo. There won't be a supply chain issue because there won't be a supply chain to speak of.
    Don't get me wrong. I'm all in favor of supplying Ukraine with whatever they need to kill Russian soldiers. However, I am not in favor of starting WWIII just to prove how tough the USA can be.

papapump, HomeoftheJets and Br4d like this.
  5. Jonathan_Vilma

I’m not either. I’m just making the observation that Biden is going to come under a lot of bipartisan pressure from Congress after Zelenskyy’s plea today to do more. Whether that’s a no fly zone or other.

6. Cman68

As well he should. The real question is, what does "more" look like? We're sending huge amounts of cash to the Ukraine but that's not gonna be enough. It will require the US to send enough military material for the Ukrainians to go toe to toe with the Bear. I'm pretty sure Putin will hit those convoys with every missile not targeting a hospital or a church. American casualties also means a desire for payback. Once that cycle begins, the point of no return is just over the horizon. Its one thing to be tough from the rear. Its entirely another to be tough under fire.

Has anyone thought of this? Putin is purposely hitting civilian targets trying to generate enough outrage in NATO nations for an armed intervention?

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The sanctions will have the desired effect, just not in the time frame that matters a lot for Ukraine.

The Russian military will commit the assets they have held back so far, mainly airpower, and then the grind will begin. There's nothing short of WMD's that will subdue Ukraine, however the Russians can knock down every building in the country with conventional weapons and turn Ukraine into a junkyard for a generation. Then eventually Putin passes from power, either short-term in a coup or of natural causes sometime over the next decade.

He isn't going to get the usual late-life medical care because he can't afford to go under anesthesia ever. It's probably a 5 year lifespan tops.

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

On the topic of the thread - oil prices are back under $100 a barrel, $96 to be exact. They were $139 early this month

also, I agree, how you gonna enforce a "no fly zone" anyway with Russian fighter jets everywhere. That's basically just calling for war

papapump and Ralebird like this.
  9. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Of course I know he has wmds, but he can’t even get his convoy across an area the size of Texas in 3 weeks. The ukraines alone are still holding Kyiv. Does Putin really want to go scorched earth? Because that’s all he’s got.
    On the other side of that, I agree. I’m one of the older ones that wants to see more done. But more of what? We’re 2 weeks late for a no fly zone.

10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

No need to be as specific as you were, just fill in the blanks above any way you feel like it and you can't be wrong.

Cman68 likes this.
  11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

12. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

13. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

I believe those Switchblade drones are a big change. So small, portable, and lethal.

Fuck Putin!

14. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Didn't it take the US 3 weeks before they reached Baghdad?

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  15. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

This is true.
    Although I think it’s different. There are reports that are saying Russia has lost 8-10k soldiers. (Unconfirmed).

#175 typeOnegative13NY, Mar 17, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
  16. The Waterboy

Let's just ignore the difference though

U.S. forces lost 88 servicemen and women in those 3 weeks before they actually took Baghdad
    Russians lost over 7000 so far and have not come close to taking Kviv

17. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

not to mention Baghdad was 6000 miles away and Ukraine borders Russia

#178 BrowningNagle, Mar 17, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
  19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Dr. Bitcoin told me there's wasnt going to be any geography on this test....

The Waterboy likes this.
  20. The Waterboy

Even if you only look at the miles from Kuwait to Baghdad, 350 mile, vs the miles from Russia to Kviv, 105 miles, still 3.5 times as far.

The big difference though is U.S. got it done in 3 weeks while Russia, well they may need a bit more time.