Going to the Game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ty Law's Brother24, Jan 1, 2007.

?

Who's going to New England

1. Going to the game

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. Going to the game with 3+ other Jets fans

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. Going to the game with 5+ other Jets fans

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. Not going

7 vote(s)
    43.8%
  1. Tailgater

Tailgater New Member

If you do that, you won't be tailgating. The train arrives and leaves the stadium 30 minutes before and after the game. That barely leaves time to get to and from your seats.

2. John127

John127 New Member

I'm totally shocked that parking is $35!!! Is there a reason - something I'm missing? Is it extrememely limited? Can you park elsewhere? Not that I'm going or anything, just curious how they justify that price.

I thought $15 was high at the meadowlands!

3. billo83

billo83 Member

I have booked a room here as well. If anyone is interested in sharing a room, please reply or send me a PM. It's $150 a night there, and some people are putting 4 to a room.

4. CMARTFORPREZ

CMARTFORPREZ Member

Tufts university, Delta Upsilon frat

5. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

not that its a big deal but the train arrives one hour before the game and leaves 30 min after

6. Hofstra Jet

Hofstra Jet Active Member

just got my tix.. my friend said section 110.. cant wait.. looked and its around the 50.. im pumped..

7. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

Question for anyone who has been to NE before...Im coming from central NJ and was wondering how long it should take. Using mapquest it said just over 4 hours. Does that sound about right??? Also is the parking situation as bad as I have heard??

8. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

Hofstra Jet how much did those cost?

9. Greener Pass-tures

Greener Pass-tures New Member

I'm also making the drive up from NYC but I'm not leaving until early Sunday morning, probably around 7am. I'm also wondering if parking is really as bad as everyone is saying. If I get there around 11 or 11:30, will I really not be able to get a spot in a Gillette stadium lot?

10. Hofstra Jet

Hofstra Jet Active Member

they cost 220.. and i have an extra ticket.. so if anyone needs a single ticket for cost let me know.. i mean its cost for what i payed.. its 220 for the ticket, but its 50 yard line 16 rows off the field.. if anyone wants it let me kno, we can set up a meeting spot at or around hofstra.. and if u do want the ticket and have time to watch a good quality basketball game hofstra vs. delaware sat. at 4.. free ticket..

11. Tailgater

Tailgater New Member

There will be parking, but the only stadium lots that will still have spots will be P-10 & P-11. Those are directly across the street from the stadium and are unpaved, unlike the lots on the stadium side of Rt 1, but they are both very deep. Unless you leave the game early, you'll be stuck for hours. No biggie if you're tailgating or know where the big Jets tailgate is.

12. WWWestonC

WWWestonC New Member

There are lots across the street at McDonalds and a used car shop if i remember.

I went up there for a Green Day concert this summer and they had parking anywhere from $20-30 depending on how close. Still a ripoff but could help.

Also its a complete mess leaving the stadium, so plan to tailgate after the game as well. I'll hopefully pick up some tix on eBay at a reasonable price and join you.

13. Tailgater

Tailgater New Member

4hrs seems too short. How many miles is it? I go from New haven to Foxboro a lot on I-95. With no traffic, that takes me about 2hrs (130mls or so). Add in gameday traffic after 9am and I'd add at least a 1/2 to that to get an idea.

Plenty of parking, but it's expensive everywhere. As you come up rt 1 from the south, most of the lots will be full if you arrive after 10. Just keep driving (still over a mile from the stadium).

Signs will direct you to the stadium lots P-10 or P-11, (on the left, at the top of the hill, opposite the stadium) are huge. I've never seen them reach capacity yet. It just takes forever to get out of those lots.

14. Tailgater

Tailgater New Member

Most of it is from paying for the team and building a stadium privately. Even in the 90's it was in the 20's.

Also, the state gets $5 of the fee. That goes to repay the 75M in infrastructure spent to develop the area.

It does suck. If you like to tailgate, you have no options unless you live close to the stadium. No free parking within 3 miles. Lots of tow areas though!

15. Tailgater

Tailgater New Member

And parking is free for fans of the team that shares Gillette with the Pats, the Revs. Methinks the Krafts are squeezing Pat fans to subsidize their hobby:(

16. WWWestonC

WWWestonC New Member

Scored two tickets with some late night eBay monitoring (only 2.50 over face!!) so will be taking the trip up from NJ for the game.

Has there been a decided Jets tailgate spot?? I bring an 8 foot Jets banner and many other tailgate necessities to the table, so let's get one set in stone along with a time to show up so we can show these Patridiots we mean business.

17. Gator

Gator Active Member

There are going to be a lot more Jets fans in attendance on Sunday than you're used to seeing up there...............and I'm going to be one of em! Pretty psyched.

J!E!T!S! JETS! JETS! JETS!

18. Tailgater

Tailgater New Member

Best case? maybe 10K jet fans, which is higher than most games. Now, if you were all in those empty red seats together, you might make yourself heard...:D

19. FlyingElvis

FlyingElvis New Member

I do the drive from Mansfield (town right next to Foxboro) to North Bergen NJ regularly. It depends greatly on what time you go. New Haven is a mess right now.

Assuming no traffic, I can do it in about 3:15 hrs. But I did it a couple of weeks ago and it took me over 4 hours because of the New Haven construction.

Don't go 95. Take the GW to the Henry Hudson, to Cross County, to the Hutchinson, to the Merritt and jump on 95 in Milford CT after you pass a wide 3 lane bridge. You will see signs for 95.

20. FlyingElvis

FlyingElvis New Member

Also, I'm pretty sure the town of Foxboro gets to dip into the parking revenue.