2022... Make or break year

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Dec 19, 2021.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Ok.. I've seen enough of this shit show to move on now to 2022. I really don't care about the reasons/excuses why this team can't tackle, can't defend the pass or the run, can't run routes beyond the marker, any of it. I don't give a shit how young this team is, or how inexperienced this CS is. They'll get their one and only mulligan for 2021. Same goes for JD.

I don't want to see this version of the Jets take the field next year. There are guys on this roster that shouldn't be. This CS is lucky they're all pals of the HC or one of them would already be gone and the other's seat would be red hot. There is no reason whatsoever why Saleh doesn't take over the defense play calls other than not wanting to hurt his pal's pride. Watching MLF get cute every week is old. The tricks always run out when you're up against professionals. They probably work on the practice field but keep in mind who they're practicing against.

No more excuses please. Real tired of watching Saleh shake his head in disbelief every time some dumbass play goes sideways or we give up yet another 3rd and really long. The Mets got it right by hiring a proven manager to run things. Woody is too fckn stupid to think in those terms as him and the Great White Bargain Hunter try to find lightning in a bottle with the next unknown whiz kid Coordinator. All the while saving cap cash to be spent on a B or C-list FAs that will eventually either get hurt or mail it in.

2022 is it. They either need to show they know what the fuck they're doing on they need to walk the plank at the end of the year. JD needs to stop spending money like its coming out of his personal bank account and get some star power on this roster.

If the Jets fail to do any of the things I just outlined, I will officially bow out. I'm done wasting my Sundays watching these inept amateurs masquerade as NFL players and coaches. If any of you want to save this thread, please do and hold me to it. You won't really have to try that hard because I am fucking pissed at this organization. No hope year in and year out. Just faint glimpses of some far future when the Jets MIGHT matter again.

Fuck that. Life is too short for this.

2. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

we've only ourselves to blame if we let this team fuck with our pyschoemotional balance

3. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Don’t worry. We are about to play our way out of. Hutchinson or Thibedoux these next few weeks.

blackssmagic and barfolomew like this.
  4. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Well said and I am right with you... Ypu should have added the QB too... IMHO he isn't the answer.

tomdeb, barfolomew and Red Menace like this.
  5. Cman68

We're gonna struggle against JAX but we should win. That's the ONLY possible win left on the schedule for '21 and that's gonna be a death match. The New York Dumbfucks vs. the Jacksonville Jackasses in the TidyBowl.

Br4d, Jets79, sozopol and 1 other person like this.
  6. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

What's the guess on the attendance for the Jets vs Jags game. I will say 30,000 tops.

barfolomew likes this.
  7. Cman68

Out of that 30k folks, 20K will be either Jax fans or Corporate tourists. I would say 15K Jet fans max.

8. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Agree 100%.
    I’ve stated this in another thread — Joe Douglas will have cap space $$ and draft picks after this season that many GMs don’t ever see.

If we’re worse than 7-10, —- time to find a new GM.

apjbfc, SOJAZ, Cman68 and 3 others like this.
  9. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I agree. The first half was entertaining, they looked pretty good, and then they made zero adjustments after the Fins made adjustments. And then of course, the stupidity and mental errors start. Not falling on a fumble and trying to pick it up with 336 guys falling around you, dumb penalties at the wrong time, and of course the one you mentioned that kills me, two weeks in a row late in the game on 4th down running a yard or two short of the marker. This is just dumb. And they kept having Wilson fade back a full 5-7 steps, with the line and the way it was playing, there's no reason to let him take a full drop. Do something to stop it, maybe have two running backs in the backfield to block because they were way too many guys who got through without anyone even looking in their direction today. It's like the Jets have a game plan for the first half, and then don't do anything to figure out ways to stop things, like they expect things to keep working without the other team adjusting to it.

And don't even get me started on the tackling. An arthritic grandmother could run for 100 against these idiots. Duke Johnson look like fucking Earl Campbell out there today.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

blackssmagic, SOJAZ, Br4d and 4 others like this.
  10. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I don't necessarily even want to put a certain record on it, but they have to be better than this. They need to play smart, play a full game, etc. If halfway through next year they still are doing this consistently, then there is no hope for anybody that's there.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

11. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

The time to find a new GM is now - before Douglas f---ks up the cap space, $$ and draft picks. We won't (Woody is an imbecile), but we should.

Bellys Lies, SOJAZ, Br4d and 2 others like this.
  12. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Let's trade JD before the deadline

13. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

If I had a nickel for every time I've read these posts, I could buy the Jets

14. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

I agree completely with this but I would add the 2022 offseason. This team is talent deficient and it's up to Joe Douglas to once again utilize FA to add some key veteran building blocks. It's also up to Joe Douglas to use the draft and yield another young group of talented players. It's only at that point that we can really hold Robert Salehs feet to the fire. Without giving him enough talent we leave him at a disadvantage and that's unfair. The fact is right now that despite JD adding some nice pieces in FA last offseason, the team is still simply talent lacking. They're so thin that one injury leads to catastrophic failure. But yes, next year is no excuse time. The front office should have a mandate of making the playoffs.

boozer32, SOJAZ, papapump and 4 others like this.
  15. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

And to think, you and I used to butt heads back in the day. This post is spot on. I feel 100% the same as you do, and have felt that way for many, many years now. To me, there is no point investing my kishkas into a team that has zero chance to win or be competitive. Over the past, oh, 5-10 years, I have resorted to going out at halftime most Sundays to avoid suffering through watching this nonsense.

SOJAZ and Cman68 like this.
  16. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Are there 20k Jacksonville fans?

17. Cman68

Good point! How many of them would have the ducats to fly to Jersey anyway to watch TLaw and the Jagoffs.

Endlessly Counting likes this.
  18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm going to guess there were at least 20k idiots that jumped on that bandwagon and bought his jersey the day he was drafted. I'll also guess they have the jerseys of 10 other bust QBs from other failed upstart teams around the league.

Fandom isn't what it used to be.

Br4d and Endlessly Counting like this.
  19. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

I'm convinced, this same roster with real coaching like mile Tomlin, we would be somewhat in it still. Same mistakes, same excuses, same results...yes , its so ridiculously intolerable. 2022 or fuck this whole crew.
    We haven't improved at all all year.
    I can't see how we get better with the same philosophy.
    Gase year 2, game 1....we knew it was already over for the season.
    Let's see in 2022.
    Winning in the draft or FA is always our superbowl.

boozer32, SOJAZ and Cman68 like this.
  20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Unless next year is a total disaster, there won’t be any changes till after 2023.