Jets trading for Joe Flacco

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Oct 25, 2021.

1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

White took a bunch of snaps last Sunday. He will take more this Sunday. I'm not sure who Frank Morgan is. James Morgan plays for Carolina ;)

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Even if you aren't critical of this move, the Jets are 10-28 since Douglas has gotten here. That doesn't concern you at all? You're good with not having a shot at the playoffs until (as the way it looks now) his 4th or 5th year here?

REVISion likes this.
  3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I think ownership really needs to evaluate JDs abilities as a GM simply by the way he managed the backup QB position. That is absolutely critical and we will never be a winning franchise until the backup QB position has been solidified by a GM who knows how to do it.

Ralebird likes this.
  4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Flacco was 0-4 last year with the Jets and that's after spending camp here. A year older, in a new offense that he will need to learn in a week, there's no reason to believe its going to be any different here from last year for him. So essentially Douglas gave away a 6th/5th for nothing.

Even worse when you consider there's a former NFL MVP, younger, and better QB, sitting out there that he coulda picked up and saved the draft picks

This was Douglas giving his old employer a favor I think

5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Did you not read the post you actually quoted?

6. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I am not a fan of trading for Flaaco as it means giving up assets for the opportunity to be competitive for a few games in a season where wins/losses do not matter.

My guess is the underlying reason behind the trade is optics and credibility with the players. Sunday's loss was embarrassing and the FO wants to send the message to the team that they have not given up on the season. In that respect I can understand the reason for the trade but it highlights how upset this team likely is after such a brutal loss. JD is not the kind of guy that will part with draft assets easily. Look at what he has done with 5th and 6th rounders the last two years. This tells me that the CS may be on the verge of losing the team. Last weekend was a horrible game. Saleh talks about responding to adversity. I don't know how this team will be able to play competitively with a really good Bengals team but they need to show some kind of response this weekend.

REVISion and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Chmapionship!

[​IMG]

8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

At least the children are bragging about the gifts they got from Santa.....

ouchy likes this.
  9. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Why do you sound so insulted? It's amazing how holding someone accountable for his actions automatically equals that he's a bust or whatever end you have conjured in your head.
    It's accountability, period. Nothing more, nothing less...
    There is no JETS fan who is rooting for our GM to fail but that doesn't mean hide the evidence..

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

New board idea: post this exact text right next to whatever button you click reply so that everyone is forced to read it before they submit their post.

REVISion and Royal Tee like this.
  11. Falco21

If you have read anything I've posted recently I have called JD out for numerous concerns including the offensive line and the inability to sign a veteran backup QB from the beginning.

I am not avoiding being critical of JD and when he makes a mistake, he deserves to be called out on it.

But there's a critical difference between calling out a mistake, which every GM makes, and calling for his firing after a Joe Flacco signing.

And claiming it is the dumbest move in franchise history is absolutely insane

Royal Tee likes this.
  12. Royal Tee

Again, I never called for his firing...so we're back at the conjuring up part.

13. bicketybam

Based on the shape the roster and salary cap when he got here, yes.

14. Falco21

Royal Tee likes this.
  15. Jonathan_Vilma

He didn't inherit a bad cap situation. A couple overpaid players that were easy to cut bait with because of where they stood with their contracts.

A bad roster, yes. But he's had plenty of cap space and draft capital in two off seasons. His first draft is looking like mostly dogshit with his first round pick still being a pretty big question mark in terms of both performance and ability to stay healthy playing the sport at his size.

REVISion likes this.
  16. Royal Tee

This thread in a pic :confused:

[​IMG]

17. Falco21

100%

You can look back at any team that turned their franchise around and it takes multiple years before becoming relevant.

The Cleveland Browns went 3-13, 1-15, and 0-16 before turning the corner and becoming relevant.

It takes time to rebuild an entire organization that was filled with horrible contracts, terrible draft picks, and horrible coaching. It's not going to happen in 2 or 3 years.

So am I ok with not making the playoffs right now, absolutely.

bicketybam likes this.
  18. Falco21

Oh you point out his first draft, which also happens to be the year of COVID where players opted out of playing and there was a completely ridiculous system in place to evaluate your picks.

How did the last class pan out so far?

And the one prior to that?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. bicketybam

He also needed a new QB. That's kinda important don't you think and something you can't just fix in a season or two. He also inherited Gase and Co.

I understand what you are trying to say but it's not like he inherited a team that was a few pieces away from a Super Bowl, or even the playoffs.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. Jonathan_Vilma

Yeah you're right. No one had a good 2020 draft.:rolleyes:

The issue is that a lot of the players the Jets selected can't even get activated to be evaluated

Most of the Jets draft classes have sucked over the past decade. So not sure what you're last two smarmy questions are all about, like most of your posts.